3.9
Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum

Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum

3.9

Playskool Cool Crew Talking Vacuum Encourages and Amuses

Little kids like to help mom and dad. They usually learn how to help through imitation and they will often observe adult activities and then repeat what they see and hear. Kids will follow this process with most anything, and that includes household chores. One toy that lets children feel part of the household cleanup process is the Playskool Cool Crew Dusty Talking Vacuum, a small toy complete with sounds and sayings.**Toy Commentary:**Playskool Cool Crew Dusty Talking Vacuum is a small, plastic, upright vacuum. It features two friendly faces: One on the front of the vacuum and one on the brush attachment. It also has sounds and visual appeal. All it takes to get it activated is to roll it across a floor. As it rolls, the eyes move around and the make- believe lint swirls around on the inside, visible through the clear, plastic viewing area. The vacuum even talks to kids as they push the vacuum cleaner, with several different sayings.My girls have been enjoying the Playskool Cool Crew Dusty Talking Vacuum for a couple of years and even today, a good deal of time after they first received this toy, they still enjoy taking the vacuum for a spin across the carpet. They like the swirling lint more than anything, but they also enjoy the cute sayings and will often repeat them as they play. Dusty talks to the child and talks back and forth with his sidekick- the attached brush. Kids will like this and parents will appreciate that this vacuum toy offers so many different sayings- many more than other children's toys offer.  It is common for children's toys to make noise, but the Playskool Cool Crew Dusty Talking Vacuum is different. Yes, there are sounds with this toy, but they are muffled and likely won't bother anyone. If the soft sound does bother you, there is a switch on the back to shut off these sounds. The swirling and eye moments will continue, and this should be enough to satisfy many children. I like having the option to shut off the sound completely, but it is really soft and I doubt many parents will mind. The Playskool Cool Crew Dusty Talking Vacuum is fun and entertaining, but one unusual observation I have made is that my girls enjoy it, but only in small doses. The fact that they still reach for this vacuum toy is a testament to its appeal, but when they play with it, it is often only for a minute or two. They will pull it out of the closet and push it back and forth for a very short time, then set it aside in favor of other toys. They still reach for it, but only on a short- term basis. **Bottom Line Viewpoint:**Playskool Cool Crew Dusty Talking Vacuum is a fun toy for boys or girls in the preschool age group. It requires nothing more than a simple push across a floor to get it going and it can be operated with or without batteries. Children seem to like it and its popularity has lasted in my household for a couple of years, making it a toy that has been time- tested and approved.

Doesn't live up to all of the hype

My mother bought this "must have" toy for my daughter for Christmas in 2006.  After perusing parenting magazines and doing online research, this seemed like one of those toys that every child was destined to love.

Well it's 2008 and I'm still waiting for my daughter (or even my son) to love **Dusty the Talking Vacuum Cleaner**.  If it's been used ten times I'd be surprised.  I just don't get what all of the hype was about.  My daughter has more fun pushing around her play broom (well, sometimes it is used as a light saber) than pretending to vacuum with this toy.

I'll admit that **Dusty the Talking Vacuum Cleaner** is cute and looks good next to my daughter's play kitchen.  Heck, I'll even venture to say that it's kind of cute when he talks.  What I can't fathom though, is why this toy is the big deal that it was made out to be.  It pretty much sits in the corner of my daughter's room collecting dust.  The only reason why we still have it is because I keep thinking that someday she will actually play with it.  Some parents dream of their children going off to college and I dream that my daughter will use a fake vacuum.  How pathetic is that?

Unless your child really loves to clean, I would pass on **Dusty the Talking Vacuum Cleaner**.  You would be better off buying a REAL vacuum (child-friendly, of course) and letting your little one do some real cleaning.

Great toy

from Westbrookville, NY

Comments about Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum:

My three-year-old son when visiting his friend always went for this toy first. When we would leave he would try to take it home. So I finally bought this for him and he has not put it down except for when his one-year-old sister picks it up. It is light enough for my one-year-old to push around and is durable enough for my three-year old son to play with. As far as I am concerned I have already got my moneys worth! Hopefully this will be a toy that they will play with for a few years. My son asks for me to get "mommy's" vacuum out and vacuum the floor with him. It's great that he gets to feel involved in helping me and also that I can get some housework done and not feel like I am not paying attention to him. I would suggest this toy for anyone!

A cute toy that my daughter enjoys

from Shelbyville, IN

Comments about Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum:

My daughter received this toy as a gift.  She has enjoyed playing with it and usually "helps" mommy vacuum the carpets with it.  Dusty the Talking Vacuum says a few cute phrases and makes a sound that sounds vaguely like a real vacuum cleaner.  The drum inside turns around to make it look like dirt is filling the chamber.

The cons that I see with this toy is that the paint, especially around the eyes, chips easily.  The cord for the "attachment" is also very short, which frustrates my daughter when she tries to use the attachment like mommy.  The attachment hose is also difficult to attach to the vacuum and comes off easily, causing it to kind of fly around unsecured.

I like that this toy encourages pretend play, and my daughter often plays "house" with it, while cooking, cleaning, and being a "mommy".  This toy comes at a reasonable price, which I believe to be worth the enjoyment and educational play that my daughter achieves with it.

Toddler loves it

from Bethel Park, PA

Comments about Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum:

Got this toy as a Christmas present for my 12 months old as he always messing with the real vaccum in the house. So that gave me an idea of what to get for him for Christmas. Of course he's loving it, he giggles and all smiles everytime that it is on and he pretend to be like cleaning the floor. So now he stop messing with the real vaccum, and when I vaccum the floor to get this toy and do vaccuming the floor . On the other side--- the sound of this toy annoy me at times... but whatelse I can do, my little one just loving it

playskoool vacuum-love it

from Mentor, OH

Comments about Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum:

Thats the toy my girls got for present this year for Christmas,it was a present from sister-i -law, who has 4 girls.So she said-she new, what girls would like to:)And sure, they like it.We just had over a friend boy who is 1 and he was working with the  vacuum  so seriously,taht i did video:)I wish i could share;)

The vacuum is very sturdy, nice.I love those eyes:)They roll.Love the sounds-they are realisctic .not heavy.the small baby easy can pick up and cary.the batteries were included-thats the good thing too-you do not need run into cupboards to find them.there was nothing to put together.just took out of the box and the kids took oer it.now they are helping me always.it i fun for them .

thank you playskool for making such a realistic, colorful, soundfull:)toy.With this toy my everyday chores are getting more easier, and more funnier:)I see my kids working.Maybe one day they will help me;)What they learned;)?

Not a very good toy

from Port Richey, FL

Comments about Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum:

I bought this for my first daughter and she barley played with it. Now shes older and gave it two her almost two year old sister, who also doesn't play with it. It seems like a boring toy. The play hose doesn't stay attached. It never did, not even when I first bought it!

Its ok.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum:

My children don't reallylike this toy all that much. The hand held hose part doesn't stay attached. The colors are good and it is cute, but my kids seem to like the more realistic toy vacumes more. Sometimes kids enjoy the more simple things I guess.

a handy toy

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum:

This is such a creative toy and my kids love to use it. The talking vacuum takes cleaning the house to a whole new level. They sometimes like to help me around the house, but they are to small to use the real, larger vacuum cleaner. When they saw that I had bought them their very own vacuum they were so glad. It has a nice handle that is the perfect size for little hands to grip. The vacuum does use batteries, but they are long lasting so it does not make me have to change it every few weeks- more like every three months or so. The sounds that the vacuum makes can get annoying after my kids have been playing with it for a long time. I am able to turn the volume off, so that is an advantage for me. The vacuum is very child friendly and the kids love all the cool colors on it. The face on the front of the vacuum is also fun for them to look at. The vacuum helps to get my children to walk more often.

An ok toy. Not a favorit

from Baytown, TX

Comments about Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum:

First of all, I did not even know the toy talks until I read the title. We received this toy used a couple of years back from a friend. My child has played with it only a handful of time since them. She will occasionally pull it out when I am vacuuming and pretend to vacuum along with me. It has been an ok toy for her, but one I do not think she would miss if it were gone. The hose on it is pointless as it is hard to maneuvers and does not stay attached to the toy as it is suppose to. I am not sure she has ever played with that part of it. It is a cute idea, but it is kind of hard to stand up without support and doesn't really do much. I am going to have to try and put batteries in it and see if she likes it more. The front does move around things when she rolls it, but she cant really see that as she is using it. It would be pretty cool if it actually picked up trashed as she played. I might encourage her more with it if it did.

This is a cute vacuum but the hose won't stay down.

from Nine Mile Falls, WA

Comments about Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum:

I think this vacuum is great!  It talks and it makes the sound of the vacuum.  My kids love it.  The hose does not stay down and is hard to move.  It just sticks up.  It is worthless and in the way.

Very worthwhile purchase!

from Noblesville, IN

Comments about Playskool Crew Dusty The Talking Vacuum:

I bought Playskool's Dusty the Talking Vacuum when my son was a baby.  Kids love immitating their parents and he picked up on the vacuum right away.  Anytime I would vacuum, my son wanted to help and vacuum right along beside me.  Even today now that he's four, he will still pick up Dusty from time to time to help Mommy vacuum.  My daughter is two and she loves Dusty just as much.  And it's cute to watch them because they really do feel like they are helping me clean the house and vacuum in all of the spots, nooks and crannies that they see me vacuuming in.  Dusty will talk and make noise, however, my kids don't always turn him on.  They just like pushing him around.  Dusty is made very well and colorful.  He is not gender specific and I think it's a great toy for boys or girls!  They can really pretend play with this one and get active as well.  In my opinion a very good toy and worth every penny!  Definitely makes for a great present as well.  Dusty comes with my highest recommendations!  I can't say enough good things about this toy.