Other Bikes, Scooters & Riding Toys:
Playskool Busy Ball Popper

Playskool Busy Ball Popper

Pros

Cons

My toddler still gets excited when she hears it start up!

I was lucky enough to get this ball popper at a yard sale and it was, by far, one of the best yard sale purchases that I made. I was even luckier that it came with all the balls!

This is a great toy to introduce independent play.  My daughter was about 11 months when she started to use it and she STILL gets a kick out of it at 27 months.

I think the key when using this toy is to use it in an enclosed space like a pack and play, play yard, or something of the like.  If it's used just anywhere, the balls go flying.  This would be the only toy (besides books) we would put in the pack and play for our toddler so she could have a little independent play while I needed to do some stuff around the house.  It totally kept her busy - until someone put other toys into the back and play and she put those into the ball popper.

Overall it's a great toy - and great for all ages.  It's so much fun when your toddler gets SO excited about something - and my toddler definitely got excited about the Playskool Busy Ball Popper!

My bubble was popped by the Busy Ball Popper.

Well we've had a time with this toy Usually i dont Complain About toys But this one really irked me. We have owned two of these now and BOTH have tore up due to no ones fault but the toy. Literally opened the first one up and it worked for Mabye 3 hrs. Then It started sucking instead of blowing the balls around. Not Fun. On the box it states Unpredictable Ball popping fun. Well it was un predictable alright. When it did work the balls would someyimes just fly every where. Not up and around like they were supposed to. So While my kids loved it while it worked they were EXTREMELY upset for the rest of the night. Thanks playskool! So i called the company the next day about it they Did make me feel Better And kindly fed exed us another one which arrived rather soon. So now we begin with this one. They fixed the fan problem now it shoots balls out Way up everywhere and the little balls get lost in about 2 seconds Flat. Under everything also they are very similar to the balls that go to their other products and a little one cant tell the difference but they are too heavy to be pushed through at all. Mine is not the only one acting up my Cousin Had one do the same one that our first one did. She sent hers in for an exchange and the second has the same "crazy Fan" problem ours has. So even if we can find the balls they dont do the whole up and around thing they are supposed to do anyhow. On the up side my one year old thinks its a great radio. The music is really loud and annoying to boot. The age is completely wrong a nine month old would only prob get hurt trying to pull themselves up on it as it is not that "base steady" Definetly should be an over one toy if they ever get it working right. Oh and as frosting on this trainwreck cake it takes 4 D batteries. Who has those laying around!!!

Ugh...

loads of fun

Comments about Playskool Busy Ball Popper:

I had one of these for my boy when he was younger. He loved it and would spend hours playing with it. i bought a lot of batteries for it, and it got on my nerves with constant repetition of noise. But he loved playing with it and thats what matters. I would recommend it for a young child.

Great Toy.

Comments about Playskool Busy Ball Popper:

This toy lasted thru both my boys and I even gave it to my cousin when they out grew it. The only con was it eats thru batteries rather quickly. But it plays music and shoots the balls out it teaches children hand eye coordianation if you make a game out of it. the balls are bright and colorful and the music is fun and rewarding. The motor is alittle loud but you can hear the music fine. It doesn't shoot up super high and sometimes the ball just floats there and the balls are perfect size for little hands and tough enough to last with lots of playing. my son stopped playing with it at 18 months he just lost interest in it. He got it when he was 6 months old. It was one of his favorite toys of al time.

My child loves this

from Clearwater, FL

Comments about Playskool Busy Ball Popper:

There is something about the animation and liveliness of this toy that my child loves it. He can push the button over and over again. He lights up and smiles as if it's a new toy each time. The music to the toy is fun and energetic and makes the kids want to dance. When we have friends over, all of the kids only play with this one toy. The rest of our toy box gets neglected. I don't know what it is about this. Simple to put together and fun. Safe and reliable as well. My son learned cause and effect from this toy and its pretty neat to watch the balls go in their paths. The batteries also last long for the machine. Changed only once and its been over a year since purchase.

awesome fun toy!

from Stone Mountain, GA

Comments about Playskool Busy Ball Popper:

This is the second playskool busy ball popper that we have owned. the first one lasted through our first two sons - and i think they were a little too rough with it and i think the motor somehow got a little burned out? anyways, it got to the point where it wouldn't pop the balls out. we decided to purchase another one for our daughter's christmas present. she was a little younger than one at christmastime. it was another big hit with her. the balls popping out is amazing and the way they go back down intrigued her. her brothers had fun playing with it too, fetching the balls back for her to put in and showing her how to push the red button to make it run again. definitely recommended!!

Really fun toy!

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Playskool Busy Ball Popper:

We got this for our 10 months old for Christmas. I read a lot of reviews, I mean a LOT. They were mixed, some loved, some hated, some were in between. I figured it looked fun so why not give it a try? I think it is a lot of fun. Pro's- Fun songs, very colorful, keeps baby's interest. Cons- The balls do not always stay on the toy, they pop all over the place. Really this is not a big deal, especially if you have an older sibling who thinks it is way fun to chase the balls down for the baby. A few other small toys have been shoved down the tube, but I was able to get them out. Some people said they HATED the music. Do they own any other kids toys?! All kids toys play annoying songs, this was no worse than any other toys we have. Actually, there are quite a few songs that play so I don't get sick of it that fast. And they are all songs that I recognize and like, so that is a plus. Overall it is a fun toy I think kids from 6 months to 4 years could play with it and have a lot of fun.

Not a good choice if you don't like loud toys.

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Playskool Busy Ball Popper:

My children enjoy this toy, but I did not. It is fun for a while, but the music is incredibly loud and it is too easy for them to stuff other things down the chute, which then clogs the toy. It is easy to take apart and fix, but still annoying. My children have been given this toy as a gift twice and each time I get rid of it after 3 months. It is also heavy and hurts when they bump it or trip over it.

My bubble was popped by the Busy Ball Popper.

from Somerset, KY

Ugh...

very fun toy

from Cordova, TN

Comments about Playskool Busy Ball Popper:

My husband and I bought this toy for a couple of our nephews, and they absolutely love it.  We might get one for our kids this year.  It does tend to shoot the balls across the room, but the kids seem to have fun trying to get the balls back to the popper to see them come out again.  I think it's a great toy for keeping kids active while playing.

Fun but needs improvement

from Mission Viejo, CA

Comments about Playskool Busy Ball Popper:

My son really liked this toy when he was a year old, but it has sat in the garage now collecting dust for a while. The toy is fun but it does semm to go through alot of batteries. My son also found it fun to drop toy cars in the hole and then try to reach in the tube to get them out. Well after several times of pulling the toy apart to extract his arm - th etoy got old with me Maybe that's why the battery fairy didn't come the last time!

Your Children A Love It

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Playskool Busy Ball Popper:

I would really recommend this toy wo any parent who has an age appropiate child for this toy. I first learned of this toy when one day I went to pick up my child from daycare and she was playing with it. She loved that the balls popped up. When we tryed to pull her away from the toy so we could leave she threw a fit. It took us a minute to get her away from that toy. After that day I told myself I have to get that toy from her, because it definitely keeps her occupaied.