View more baby gates

RABG-PFG-101
Playfence Retractable Gate System

Playfence Retractable Gate System

3.5

High quality, excellent security gate!!!

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Playfence Retractable Gate System:

My goal is to keep my children out of situations where they could get hurt.  I watch my children and don't rely on products to do my job as a parent.

This being said, this Playfence gate is wonderful!  I don't care that there is a manual rewind.  I don't want something that is spring loaded to rewind--anyone ever have a window shade snap back at you??? the spring loaded rewinds of some of these gates could potentially hit my child in the face while I am trying to go through--no thanks!

I like that I have the control of this gate,  I like that it is sturdy, easy to clean, removeable and can go from doorway to doorway, indoors or outside.

I like that it is non-flammable, I like that it has passed multiple types of safety testing, I like that it can be used outside and indoors!

Great product, easy to use, quality construction, great value--mine has lasted over 3 years and is still going strong with every day and multip[le times per day use!!  A+++++ rating!

Hard to use and not durable

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Playfence Retractable Gate System:

I really wanted this gate for a large opening in my house. The doorway is wide and right in front of our main entryway, so I was very interested in a gate that could retract and therefore be out of sight while we were not using it. Eventually, I found it on clearance from where someone had returned it and tried it out myself. I can see why it was returned. it does not retract on its own, instead it must be cranked back into the side. If you are using it to cover a wide area, that is quite a bit of unwieldy material you are trying to crank  back in. I also found it difficult to install securely enough that I felt comfortable constantly yanking on it to get it back into place. It popped out of the wall a couple times. But the final straw was when the holding bracket broke off, rendering the whole thing useless. The plastic was pretty flimsy, and this gate lasted under a month. I wish I'd had the foresight to take it back before I tried to use it!