4.1
Pillsbury
Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls

Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls

4.1

My family loves Pizza rolls, a great snack!

Totino's Pizza rolls come in an assortment of flavors, combination, (which is pepperoni, sausage and cheese),  Pepperoni, and Cheese are the most common ones. I used to be able to find a chicken and cheese quasadia that was great, had a kick to it & was awsome with ranch dressing, cannot find that one anymore. There is also a taco flavor, that is good with some sour cream and green onion. I love the crispy texture outside and hot filling inside. They are a perfect little hot snack. They also support Box Tops for schools and I really like that.

Totino's Pizza Rolls: Pepperoni Pizza with Lots of Chemicals

Appetizers are essential for television sports viewing and as a quick snack before dinner and there are many types of appetizers- both hot and cold- to keep consumers appetites' in check. One taste that most everyone likes is pizza and besides heating up a frozen pizza, there are many snacks that taste like pizza but are made in easier to eat forms. One is **Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls**, a frozen food.**Food Commentary:**Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls are small, bite sized snacks that are made with a pizza- like filling surrounded on all sides by an enriched flour crust. These pizza rolls are a pretty good tasting snack provided you like the taste of pepperoni pizza. The flavors present include pepperoni, tomato sauce, cheese, and some light spices like garlic. The crust is light in taste, with the flavor of wheat dominating. Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls are an occasionally served snack in my household and they rank as one of a handful of snack foods I purchase when I'm looking for something simple and quick to eat while watching a football game or hosting some other type of gathering. These snacks please most people who eat them because of the simple fact that most everyone likes the taste of pepperoni pizza. The combination of meat, cheese, and tomato sauce served in a light crust make this a highly edible snack. Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls offer a good taste and they make a good choice when you're experiencing the late- night munchies or when you need a good warm- up to your regular meal and your appetite cannot wait for the main course. They taste very similar to pepperoni pizza and, I should add, taste better than Totino's Pepperoni Pizza. The taste of the tomato sauce is toward the sweet side and, once again, it makes for a pleasant flavor that most anyone will find acceptable. As popular as Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls are, there is one fact that is cause for concern, and that is the long list of ingredients. Put simply, Totino's Pizza Rolls are far from qualifying for the USDA Organic certification label. Take a close look at the list of ingredients and you will find some things that will likely make your eyes grow big and round. Ingredients like Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, and Titanium Dioxide (Color) make this product seem like it was the brainchild of a mad, sadistic chemist. Nutritionally, Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls aren't too bad. They at least provide good doses of protein, iron, Vitamin C, and Calcium and the calories aren't too bad as long as you limit yourself to no more than 12 to 18 rolls. However, the long list of artificial ingredients somewhat negates the benefits from the nutrition.  One other thing you need to worry about with Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls is the temperature of the filling. It is often very hot, so be careful, especially if you serve these snacks to young children. Young people will often be so anxious to eat these small, tasty pizza rolls that they will quickly sink their teeth into a roll, not realizing the intense heat within. As difficult as it can be, it is better to let them sit and cool for a while. Also, they taste best when prepared in a convection oven. Microwave oven preparation is convenient, but the crust won't be as crisp and thus not as tasty and enjoyable to eat.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls are a good tasting snack with a flavor combination that is sure to please most party guests. The ingredients are certainly undesirable, but the flavor and the good amount of protein and other vitamins/minerals makes these pizza rolls a good consideration for your next party or family gathe

Not healthy, but great quick party pleaser!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

I grew up on these things. They're bite size. They're chewy. They come in many different flavors. They're hot out of the oven. They're quick to make. They're a huge crowd pleaser.

They're not the healthiest of appetizers. So if you are watching your carbs or fat intake, these aren't for you. But they come in bite size, so you don't have to eat a lot. But it's hard not to. They are great for kids and to have on a party platter for any game day or any party in fact. They are bound to please!

They're super easy to make. Keep frozen until you need to use them. Preheat the oven. Pop them in and keep a little eye on them. I like mine a little crusty, so I like to keep an eye on it in the oven to have it go a little longer but not too long that it burns.

It's a great price. Especially because you just throw it in the freezer and take it out whenever you need to serve. If you think about how excited your family or guests are when they see the pizza rolls, it's totally worth it.

An every now and then treat

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

I LOVE Totinos Combination Pizza rolls, I think that they taste great! But they are not something I constantly buy, they are a tad bit pricey and pretty unhealthy to be eating all of the time. A lot of times, after they are microwaved, you can see a lot of grease seeping through the breading, and that is pretty gross. Does not stop me from dipping them in ranch to further the unhealthiness! Very convenient though.

I would recommend this product to others.

Great for afterschool

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

Totinos Pizza rolls are so convenient. My kids think they are the best after school snack ever. They love how they can make them all by themselves. Just pop 6 in and about a minute and a half later they have their snack. The one thing I don't like is it takes forever for them to cool off . My family calls them lava pockets because if you are not careful then they burn your mouth. But in all the kids like them and it's a quick fill until dinner.

Great for young and old

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

Totinos pizza rolls are a great snack for both young and old. i love the taste of them as well as my whole family. Its a great snack to heat up for kids when they come home from school. They will love them and not complain. There is real cheese and meats inside so you well feel good feeding them to your family and eating them yourself. i would recommend them to all. There a great deal.

Pizza Finger Food

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

Tostino's Pizza Rolls are a lot of fun for kids and are not too messy. One word of caution: the sauce tends to get very hot, so make sure they've had enough time to cool. You can also make a small perforation, so the heat can vent a little. We've had more than our fair share of burnt tongues from these pizza rolls.

They are also fun for grownups. They come in 3 different flavors, though they all taste pretty much the same. They aren't the greatest tasting food in the world, but they are strangely habit-forming. I've eaten a whole plateful before without even noticing.

Great awesome snack!!

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

I am not much of a big process food junkie. I usually go for the homemade stuff. But for those moment when I do not want to cook anything these delicious pizza rolls are the way to go! It is very quick, tasty and filling in my opinion. It is great to have some while friends are over on a movie night! It serves as a really great snack! Although be careful how you cook these pizza rolls. The inside can end up oozing all outside if not done correctly. I always just pop them in the oven and it does the trick! I had tried the microwave before and that did not end up so great. Other than that it is a wonderful snack!

Fast snack

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

These little pizza filled dough squares are my children's favorites. I usually will cook them right after school for a quick snack. And for the price, you can'tbeat it, especially when you have three boys. This product works for us. As for the flavor, I personally don't think they taste amazing, but they aren't bad. One thing I would change about this product, the dough splits when cooked in the oven and all the filling pours out making a mess and leaving my children eating hollow dough squares.

My kids really like Totino's pizza rolls.

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

My kids really like the taste of Totino's pizza rolls. It works well as an after school snack and is filling. It keeps them satisfied until dinner time. My kids like that they are "fun" to eat. I would recommend you let them sit for a minute before serving as the filling is very hot and it tends to pour out of the sides as soon as you take a bite.

Pizza filling surrounded by a thin crust in a bite size snack.

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

My son loves these! They are a good quick snack that are easy to keep in the freezer for whenever you need them. Totinos Pizza Rolls made by Pillsbury come in a few flavors. They are a bite sized pizza snack that you keep in the freezer. Pizza Rolls are pretty good but not nearly as tasty as the real thing.

Pillsbury Totino's Pizza rolls

from NJ

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

I do purchase Totino's Pizza rolls quite often, especially if they come on sale or I have some coupons to use. I like the fact that they come in a few different varieties. some of the varieties we purchase are the cheese number one favorite in our house. Then there is the combination one as shown above which everyone likes as well and a few other varieties. When we first started purchasing them we would only use the own to make them as we like the crisp outside that would really enhance the inside flavors. but then, one day one of my older boys decided to use the microwave as he was extremely hungry and did not want to wait to heat up the oven. It was so simple to pop these into the microwave and done in a few minutes. The only drawback would be that they are not crispy on the outside but instead have a softer texture which again was fine for us as it makes for a new twist on these to eat and very quickly. These boxes are great to have on hand as many times I catch some of my kids grabbing a box to pack for their lunch for work for too makes it great as they get a "hot" and tasty lunch at a great price.