3.4
Pillsbury - Savorings flaky pastry bites -Cheese Spinach

Pillsbury - Savorings flaky pastry bites -Cheese Spinach

3.4

Having a party? Put out Pillsbury Savorings Flaky pastry bites

I had a coupon for **Pillsbury Savorings Flaky Pastry Bites -Cheese and Spinach flavor**and thought they looked good because of the puffed pastry surrounding the cheese and  spinach and I was right.  That picture didn't lie.

Easy to prepare.  Just open box, place on cookie sheet and bake and the outcome is a snack or appetizer that will even impress the mother-in-law (shhhhhh our secret).  These have a wonderful flavor and a melt in your mouth treat.  The cheese blended with the spinach is a happy blend and complement each other.  You will have the room ooohing and awwwing.

I zip it up even a little more by sprinkling a little garlic powder (not garlic salt!!) over each before they bake. Nummy!!  Light, crispy, flaky with a Oooo La La flavor.

I will be purchasing these for the Holidays to serve for my friends and family.

Now you can eat your spinach with out the face because these are that good and you too shall be hooked! Forgot to mention these are so pretty too!

Don't buy Savorings - it is a waste of your money.

Pillsbury Savorings looks so good in the advertisements.  I was clipping coupons and waiting until I had the extra money to splurge on this product because it was a little expensive for me.  I could hardly wait to try it.  It just looked so good!

I finally bought Pillsbury Savorings and I was really looking forward to eating it.  The pastry crust!  The delectable fillings!  Yummy!  I cooked the product and I was very disappointed when I finally got some into my mouth.  There was almost no filling inside the little pastries.  They would look great on an appetizer tray, but they had no taste.  I would estimate that there was a half teaspoon of filling inside each pastry.  The pastry itself was exactly as advertised but I was so disappointed with this product.  I expected Pillsbury to make it delicious but it wasn't.

I told my daughter not to even try it.  I can buy bread cheaper than what I paid for the Pillsbury Savorings and since they were all bread, I felt cheated.  I do not recommend this product.

A frozen spinach and cheese stuffed pastry appetizer.

Comments about Pillsbury - Savorings flaky pastry bites -Cheese Spinach:

Pillsbury Savorings flaky pastry bites in Cheese Spinach flavor is a pretty decent appetizer for a frozen option. They are super easy to make. All you really have to do is heat them. My only complaint is that they were too salty. Also, in order to get that beautiful brown color shown on the packaging, you have to brush them with a little butter or margarine. The instructions do not tell you this though.

Great flaky crust, good spinach filling

Comments about Pillsbury - Savorings flaky pastry bites -Cheese Spinach:

I am not a big fan of spinach products. However, this particular appetizer has a great crusty pastry on the outside with a creamy spinach filling that is really good. These bake very easily in the oven and provide a very easy appetizer for holidays or small gatherings. This is definitely a snack that is worth trying.

delicious, but overpriced

Comments about Pillsbury - Savorings flaky pastry bites -Cheese Spinach:

Pillsbury "Savorings" are delicious, I think some of the really low ratings on here are a little unfair. They don't taste bad, the Cheese Spinach ones are particularly good. They're flaky and the pastry is everything you'd expect from Pillsbury. The only thing they loose points for is the high price, and tiny box. They're not a good value in any sense of the word, and the box is basically a single large or two small servings. You'd need like 10 boxes to serve these at a party.

Not a Fan of Pillbury Savorings

from Huntington, WV

Comments about Pillsbury - Savorings flaky pastry bites -Cheese Spinach:

I have tried these twice because they were on sale and I had a coupon. Both times I was not impressed. To me they taste artificial and it would be just as easy to make something from scratch that tasted a ton better. Not worth the price.

Pillsbury makes Spinach a flaky flavorful cheesy pastry

from Granite City, IL

Comments about Pillsbury - Savorings flaky pastry bites -Cheese Spinach:

Talk about magic...the Pillsbury_Savorings flaky pastry bites- Cheese Spinach has exceeded my expectations on the usual quiche lorraine that is so difficult to prepare. These tasty mini bites are not only savory, they're so easy to bake, very tasty and are so neatly prepared that even kids can eat them without the usual mess that comes with eating savory foods. These magical mini pastries are great for appetizers or main dish to nay party.

Pillsbury Savorings Cheese Spinach bites we not satisfying.

from Belton, MO

Comments about Pillsbury - Savorings flaky pastry bites -Cheese Spinach:

I was very excited when Pillsbury Cheese Spinach Savorings first came out. I thought they were going to be amazing. So far, I loved anything that had cheese and spinach. I was shocked when I went to the store and saw the price. It was outrageous for such a little amount, even with the coupon I had for them! I thought oh well, it must be worth it! When I tried the first one, I thought maybe the next will be better. But after the third or fourth I gave up and stopped eating them! They did not taste good at all! The Pillsbury Cheese Spinach Savorings tasted very fake. The taste was nothing like cheese and spinach. They flaked so much it was very hard to get a bite without making a complete mess and too big to shove in my mouth all at once. Netiher of these options would work for a dinner party! Overall, Pillsbury Cheese and Spinach Savorings are very expensive and not worth the price. I bought them once and will never buy them again!!

Don't buy Savorings - it is a waste of your money.

from Boiling Springs, SC

Pillsbury Savorings

from Flint, TX

Comments about Pillsbury - Savorings flaky pastry bites -Cheese Spinach:

Pillsbury Savorings Cheese Spinach and Mini Dogs are some of the best things I had to serve my family for a fast meal during holidays.  We are usually together for several days and we usually would rather have at least one light meal during the day that we plan to have a holiday meal in the evenings.  This past holiday, I fixed a huge pot of creamy potato soup served with bacon bits, croutons, grated cheese and crackers.  But the hit of the meal were the two packages of Pillsbury Cheese Spinach Savorings that many had never tried and the two packages of Pillsbury Mini Dogs which were a fantastic hit with the younger family members present.  These savoring ideas disappeared faster than the potatoe soup which everyone usually loves.  They may be a little pricey but they are really unique and something different for a change, depending on how many people you have for your gatherings.  I know that this next holiday I'll need to buy at least one more box each so that I don't run out of Savorings like I did before.

Tasty little bites

from TAMPA, FL

Comments about Pillsbury - Savorings flaky pastry bites -Cheese Spinach:

I made some of these for our New Years Eve party.  They were very easy to prepare, just pop in the oven for 17 minutes. They came out beautifully, just like on the package! They have a lightly browned, lightly crispy pastry on the outside and yummy cheese and spinach on the inside. We could not get any kids to eat them once they found out that they were spinach, oh well, more for the adults! They are beautiful on a tray. My only complaint is the price. I would definitely get these for an occasional snack or for a party if I can find them on sale.

Great for a Small Gathering or a Light Meal

from So Cal

Comments about Pillsbury - Savorings flaky pastry bites -Cheese Spinach:

While I've wanted to try **Pillsbury Savorings Flaky Pastry Bites - Cheese and Spinach** for quite some time now, they were always too pricey for my budget. A family member recently made a box while I was visiting, however, so I was able to try these delicious-looking appetizers without paying a dime.

These quick and easy pastry bites combine cream cheese, mozzarella and spinach into bite size munchies that are perfect as a light meal, snack or for a small gathering. By small gathering, I mean no more than three people - they really should make larger boxes to serve a crowd!

Within about 20 minutes, you have a plate full of yummy cheese and spinach puffs that taste exactly like what you'd expect them too. The crust flakes very nicely, and the cheese and spinach are very flavorful. Even if you don't consider yourself a fan of spinach, I think you'll find this taste combination a pleasant treat.

Beware, though - let these puff pastries cool for at least 5 minutes before you take a bite. The filling is HOT!!

At 260 calories per serving (a serving equals 4 pastries,) these aren't that bad as a light snack, either. You can even pair these pastries with a good wine selection for a happy hour night at home!

I'd definitely pick up a box of these when they're on sale. I recommend them the next time you need a quick and tasty appetizer or just want a light meal to enjoy at home with good wine and a good book. Yum.