Other Baking Goods:
Pillsbury
Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls

Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls

The next best thing to Cinnabon buns.

My husband loves freshly baked cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  At all times there is a tube of refrigerated cinnamon roll dough in our fridge and he makes them at least 3 times a week.  I'm not crazy about that kind but I'd eat a Cinnabon from the mall in a New York minute.  My husband is not so crazy about them.

But last week at the grocery store I found a good compromise that makes both of us happy.  Pillsbury has come out with a different version of their Grands! line called Grands! Cinnamon Rolls with Real CinnabonTM cinnamon.

The tube of dough contains 5 rolls which are absolutely loaded with the Cinnabon cinnamon, sugar, and butter blend.  They are about twice as large as the smaller versions by Pillsbury and other brands and they taste way better.  While they are not quite as good and decadent as the Cinnabon rolls from the mall, they are very good and are now the preferred brand in the Bugg house.  Even the icing is pretty good.  I prefer mine nekkid while my husband likes gobs o'icing so it's nice to pull them out of the oven and leave half plain and the other half excessively iced.  Once I accidentally iced one of mine and I ate it even though I'm not an icing fan.  I still would have preferred it plain, but the icing had a good flavor so it didn't kill me.

I have no idea what the nutritional information on these is. I'm afraid to look so I don't.  I just eat them and enjoy.  I'm sure there's not much good about them but they make my mouth and my tummy happy and that's a good thing.

Grands FAIL: Avoid the frozen ones.

Wow, where to begin?  We have always enjoyed Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls from the refrigerated section. Last time at the grocery store, I discovered the frozen variety.  I immediately grabbed a bag, thinking, "now we won't have to bake the entire package!!" It seems that my wife and I always eat all five of the rolls in the refrigerated package, only to regret it later.

I baked four of the frozen cinnamon rolls this morning, and was quite surprised how small they were compared to the refrigerated ones.  Not oly were they smaller, but the dough was much less fluffy.  The size difference was so apparent that I thought that I might have grabbed the mini size instead.  A quick check of the package reassured me that they were "standard" size.

I am very disappointed, and will not buy the frozen ones again. The refrigerated ones get 5 stars, but the frozen ones get 1 star.

Will NEVER buy again

from BC

About Me Simple Tastes

Pros

• Good Value

Cons

• Poor Packaging

• Wedding Favors

Comments about Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls:

Decided to try as a treat. Painfully difficult to open package. Rolls vary in size - largest is twice the size of the smallest. Waste of time and money.

Gross ew

Comments about Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls:

These taste so bad. They're really hard and the icing tastes gross too. They don't even taste like cinnamon rolls. I would be disappointed if someone made these for breakfast. They truly suck. A lot. They smell good that's about it, but they are just horrible. They are so bad whenever they're made in my house, I eat cereal instead. Pillsbury makes a lot of things well, but these always suck. Gross I hate these.

Not bad!

Comments about Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls:

I am an avid baker, so I am normally hesitant buying stuff like this. I was curious, so I bought them to try. I was surprised! They were actually really great. The texture was perfect! The cinnamon was on the lighter side, but other than that, they taste great! My only recommendation is to have more cream cheese frosting! I made some homemade frosting on the side because I saw the package was small. They are a great option if you want a fast, great tasting dessert.

Great-tasting breakfast treat!

Comments about Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls:

We love Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls! They have a great cinnamon flavor. They make the house smell wonderful! We love how easy they are to prepare. I would never attempt to make some from scratch. Thankfully Pillsbury does the hard part for me. I just place and bake! They are so very moist and gooey! They taste like homemade treats! They are great with a cup of coffee!

The perfect shortcut for cinnamon rolls

Comments about Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls:

Usually I'm the type of person who enjoys making his own treats in the kitchen and I typically avoid the ready-to-bake products at the store.
Earlier this week while I was getting groceries my little sister wanted these and I made the decision to give these a shot, as it turns out they're not too bad and taste pretty fresh.

Easy to make & turn out great

from Traverse City, MI

Comments about Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls:

Pillsbury has always been a favorite of mine for easy to make baked goods, and the cinnamon rolls don't disappoint. With the different frostings available, and the different sizes you can always have something different. They cook up great every time & taste great too.

great breakfast

from williamston, SC

Comments about Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls:

i love Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls , they are quick and easy . when i cook them i love the smell of cinnamon , i like the size , i can usually only handle one for breakfast , but i do save one for a after breakfast , midday snack ,

Great for lazy cooks like me !

from Zebulon, NC

Comments about Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls:

If you have limited time, as well as cooking skills, these are for you!

Why bake cinammon buns from scratch, when you have have the same great taste my just popping a can and popping into the oven!

They taste great, virtually no mess cooking, and are not too expensive to have often.

Besides, they make the house smell like you've cooked for hours!

I love thes Cinnamon Rolls

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls:

These Cinnamon rolls I grew up on and now that I am an adult I still make them every Sunday morning for my family, I love having my house smell soo good and they are warm and chewy and just sooo goood, They are very easy to make so it is a quick clean up before we head off to church. They bake so big and golden borwn. You will LOVE these rolls!

Great!!!

from Clovis, CA

Comments about Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls:

Any of these cinnamon rolls are in a five-star rating quite easily. They come in a variety of flavors, so you can choose your favorite. Sometimes it's hard to believe that the same company makes the use as makes the bland, boring tasting ones. So you get fewer in a tube in this package than you do and the others. I think you get about five of these cinnamon rolls, whereas you get maybe eight of the others. But trust me, it's worth sacrificing a little bit of quantity, for the increased quality. The others don't even appear to be rolled up as these do, they're just round circles of dough. But these are actually rolled, and have cinnamon flavoring, in among each of the rings. They give you plenty of icing in the to to easily cover every cinnamon bun. The only bad thing is that they don't receive real well, so they're not very good as leftovers, see really should plan to eat them all at once.