3.5
Physicians Formula
Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green

Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green

3.5

Hides redness caused by blemishes, rosacea.

**This product in a nutshell: **is ideal for covering redness associated with acne and/or rosacea.  My complexion is very ruddy with very strong pink undertones and I am really self-conscious about it.  Combine that with a big, red zit and I won't even want to leave the house!  But with the help of Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick in Green, I am able to blend away facial redness resulting from rosacea or pimples.

I have loved beauty mags since I was little and years ago, I remember reading a piece on how to cover-up facial redness - by using green face make-up!  That sounded so weird to me!  Wasn't I going to look like a green martian?!  But actually, green tints are great for neutralizing red tones on our faces caused by acne and other facial woes.  But the key with green concealers is to blend, blend, blend just like with flesh-toned concealers.  Physicians Formula seemed to be a good cosmetics brand to start with since they regard themselves as a leader in makeup for sensitive skin sufferers and their products can literally be found in any drugstore or mass market retailer.

After applying my fave foundation, I follow-up with  **Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick in Green **in key areas on my face.  With a very light stroke, I apply this product directly from the tube onto any blemishes and any other spots that are very red.  With my finger I then blend the green concealer into my skin with gentle pats.  I do this until I cannot see any more green.  Unfortunately, this process will take a few moments.  I usually find that blending this product into my skin is somewhat painstaking because I do not want ANY traces of green left behind.  But, I am always pleased with the end result: a more even-toned complexion that is significantly less red.  The texture of this concealer is creamy, not powdery, so you can be certain you will not see any weird, green ashiness pop up on your face during the day.  I use this product almost every day and I would suggest it for anyone who is prone to facial redness, acne, or has small scars.

**I give this product 4/5 stars because: **it really aids me in blending away the red tones in my face and works well on big zits as the green neutralizes red inflammation.

Physicians Formula green concealer stick is not worth it

I recently tried the physicians formula gentle cover concealer stick in green because I saw a great deal on it and I have liked Physicians formula makeup in the past. I was not impressed with this product though. It says that if you dab a little on spots you need to conceal, especially red spots, it will blend with the skin and mask those spots. I followed the directions carefully, and I either ended up with spots that were still red and noticeable, or I saw spots of green. I don't think it is a very good formula because if you rub it in to get rid of the green color, the spots show up, but if you don't rub it in too far, the red is covered up but you still see the green color. I would not recommend this product. I think that it is a waste of time and will just discolor your face. While it seems catchy and like a good deal, it really is too good to be true. I would stick to a foundation-like concealer or one that is skin tone. This product is not worth your time and money.

Physicians Formula Green Concealer Stick

Comments about Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green:

I started using this product a few months ago, and I honestly only use it when I have the extra time to do a little bit more with my makeup. I have a rowdy two year old, so makeup is not really a priority of mine these days. But I will say that when I want my face to look clearer, I use this. I have some acne scarring and redness, so that is where I use the green concealer. It covers red spots, zits, blemishes, etc very well. The green color kind of cancels out the redness, and it blends in with your foundation very easily. Although this is not part of my daily routine, I can definitely tell a difference when I do use it, and I would definitely recommend it.

Good value, good result!

from Kearny, NJ

Comments about Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green:

This is the first green concealer I've tried and I was happily surprised about how well it worked on red spots. It is true that it doesn't blend too well, but there's no such a thing as a miracle when it comes to skin products! As long as you don't apply a large quantity, and don't add a ton of foundation on top, it looks perfectly natural. I usually just tap the stick lightly on pimples (which I don't have much) and also lightly run it on both sides of my nostrils. And then I blend it with my finger tips. Always be light on your finger so that the concealer doesn't disappear! My skin is fair and after I apply foundation the green is gone and the red is barely noticeable! There may be better versions of this product out there, but this has great value and it is a great way to try this "green" trend.

Physicians formula concealer stick really conceals.

from Apollo Beach, FL

Comments about Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green:

Physicians formula gentle cover concealer stick in green really conceals. It helps to cover red blemishes. The green color cancels out the red color in the blemish. I set it with a natural color concealer and then I'm good to go.

Physicians Formula green concealer won't blend into your skin!

from Elizabethtown, PA

Comments about Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green:

I got a coupon at my local pharmacy for a Physicians Formula product, and seeing as how I needed some new concealer, I decided to give the Physicians Formula green cover concealer a try. I used it on the dark circles under my eyes, and on some redness due to uneven skin tone, and even on a dark spot. It didn't cover the dark spot well. It did ok under my eyes, but when it came to the uneven skin tone, I ran into problems. It does not cover the redness very well, and even the stuff It did cover, I couldn't seem to get the green to blend in. I smeared and rubbed it around until the green was much less noticeable, but by then it had uncovered what I wanted to cover up! I think all that rubbing made my skin even more red. To the point that I really wasn't sure just where the cover up needed to be anymore! Maybe there's just too much green pigment in it, or maybe it's just too concentrated and needs to be lightened up a bit? Maybe I just put too much on.

An Easy Product to Use

from South Bend, IN

Comments about Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green:

I bought this product since I have reddish cheeks and a reddish nose especially in the winter when I am more washed out. It goes on smooth and stays in place until you blend it in. It is easiest to use a sponge to spread the product and smooth and blend it in. The greem pigment was not too much for me and it seemed to cover the red well. I used it under my regular foundation and it did not show through. The cost is comparable to most under cover concealers although I was unable to find coupons to help lower the cost. It is durable and holds up well in my make up bag. I keep it in my purse as well to do touch ups as needed. I cannot see myself going back to a neutral concealer as this seems to do the job that I need done. The green balances out the red very well and helps me get a clean and clear complexion that even photographs well. I would say it is at least a product worth trying to see if it works for you.

physicians formula green concealer is too green

from Machesney Park, IL

Comments about Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green:

I love physicians formula products because they are natural and available in drugstores every where. So far this physicians formula product is not what I expected it to be and it is not for someone with acne, cystic acne, dry skin, or pores. This concealer covers red spots but makes them look dark red or black. For concealing acne I would not recommend this because it is to heavy and noticeable. The creme is bad to apply to noticable red blemishes because it can spread germs from one blemish to another, causing more break outs. If it had a brush it would be more hygenic because you could wash it then. The greenish tinge that lingers is very noticeable under a powder foundation. After you put it on, your face will look blochy and uneven when covered with light foundation. It doesn't look natural. Concealers work great to make acne lighter. A greenish tinge will not make blemishes less noticable.

Physicians Formula green concealer stick is not worth it

from Lexington, MO

Comments about Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green:

Look elsewhere for a green concealer

from Washington, DC

Comments about Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green:

I was looking for an inexpensive green concealer to help when I get those annoying acne spots, so I picked up Physician's Formula concealer stick from my local CVS. I've been using it for a couple months, and I'll be honest, I'm not terribly pleased with it. The texture is thick and cakey, yet despite its thick texture it does not cover well. It leaves the blemish with an odd color. Then you have to put a lot of foundation over it to neutralize the odd color. In the process you end up smudging or wiping off the concealer. In the end, your face is a goopy mess and the blemish is still so obvious. On the plus side, it's pretty cheap and easy to find at any local drug store, though the packaging really does need some reworking (really, a lipstick tube?). All in all, since this was my first green concealer, I didn't have very high expectations, but I'm definitely looking forward to finding a new, better one.

It's not easy being green.

from Woodridge, IL

Comments about Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green:

I used the Physicians Formula Concealer Stick (green) for a few years when my acne was bad. I could never figure out the right amount to apply. If I put on too much, there would be a visible green spot on my face. The concealer stick also dried out my skin and you could see it a lot clearer because of the green tint. If I applied too little, my acne would still be apparent. This is unique to each individual, of course, and is based on your skin tone. I have pale skin and the green just stuck out too much. It was kind of shielded if I applied powder, but you could still kind of see the green.

The green concealer stick was not too expensive and I trust the Physicians Formula brand, which is why I purchased this product in the first place. I did use it for a while, but eventually abandoned it because I did not feel like it was effective. One good thing is that if you do use it and like it, the concealer stick itself will last you a long time.

Physicians Cover Stick takes the red out.

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick - Cover Green:

The green stick works wonders for conceling redness.  I have roacea and have horrible redness.  The green stick magically makes the redness disappear.  Apply before you put on your foundation for a non red complection.  This brand is a good product but a bit on the expensive side.