Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:

Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath

Pros

Cons

Smells Heavenly

i prefer fruity scents over other scents but if someone wants to give me Philosophy Vanilla Cake Shampoo, shower, gel and bubble bath as a gift I am not going to complain about it. Someone special to me gave me a bottle of this for my birthday last month and I love the smell of it.

Philosophy Vanilla Cake fragrance Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble bath comes in a 16 fluid oz plastic bottle with a black flip up lid, that is pretty much the standard bottle for this particular product, no matter what the fragrance is. Also like all of the Philosyphy products this one comes with a saying on the front, this one is sort a recipe for Vanilla cake.

This particular Philosophy fragrance is made with: Water (Aqua), Tea-Lauryl Sulfate, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Stearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium-7, Peg-150 Distearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Sodium
Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Buteth-3, Tributyl Citrate,

If you love the smell of Vanilla there is no way you will not like the smell of this. It smells so sweet and vanilla like, I don't know how to explain it but it smells almost exactly like a white cake with vanilla icing. It is a great body wash and bubble bath. It does not lather up as much as I would like for a shampoo, but i love it for the body.

Great on the skin and body, just OK as a shampoo, not enough lather for me personally

Mmmm, love it! Vanilla icing fragrance.

Philosophy Vanilla Cake is a nice shower gel, not shampoo

Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake smells just like its name, first you get the distinct smell of vanilla - which I love. Then, the smell of cake right out of the oven. Delicious. This comes in a 6 ounce bottle with a flip up top that exposes a small hole where the gel comes out. I appreciate the fact that the top is attached so that when you're in the shower and put some in your hand, you don't have to balance the bottle, the cap, and your hand full of product.

On the bottle it says "shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath". First I used it as shampoo. It doesn't really lather and it didn't feel like it was spreading around and getting my hair clean. I felt like I should "rinse and repeat" to get the job done, but I figured I'd have faith. After I blow dryed my hair, I found that my hair seemed dry and lifeless, so I won't be using it for shampoo again. Next time I tried the shower gel. This was nice; again the smell was nice, it had a nice texture, and it left my skin feeling smooth. I also used a little as shave gel for my legs which worked quite nicely, leaving my legs feeling smooth and soft. Lastly I tried the bubble bath. It really didn't bubble up much at all, so that was a disappointment also.

So all in all, I would recommend it for a shower gel, but not for a shampoo or bubble bath.

Love, love love this !

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath:

I love using this product. I use it as bubble bath and as cleanser in my bath! It never makes my skin feel oily or greasy after my bath. My skin just feels soft and clean! And the fragrance is delightful. It is like being in my or my Mom's kitchen making very vanilla sugar cookies. I was given this in a basket and had never used Philosophy brand before. I will buy it S my first choice. I might even try another fragrance, but unless it is cinnamon, buttered toast or chocolate, I don't know!

It fills my rather deep tub with fragrant but not over the top cloying odor bubbles and does not leave a ring. I find my skin feeling and looking clean but not greasy. It feel soft. And my husband loves the fragrance too!

The scent is wRm and relaxing. Just imagine having a vanilla sugar cookie before bed! It is not too overpowering but you can really smell the vanilla. It have a rich, full fragrance of expensive real vanilla. There are no sharp tones just a warm. Homey scent.

Versatile product with amazing scent!

Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath is really all of those products all in one. This is one of my favorite products to take along on trips and vacations because it is so versatile. With just one bottle, you can wash your hair, lather up shower gel, and even shave your legs. It takes up less room in your suitcase because you can eliminate your normal shower gel, shampoo, and even shaving gel. It's absolutely that versatile! In addition, it's also sensitive skin friendly, because I've never had any irritation or adverse reaction from it. This amazing product also has the most amazing scent ever. It really smells like vanilla birthday cake; the scent is so warm and appealing and vanilla-y. It's honestly hard to describe, but you will love it. You will also love both your hair and body wearing this delicious, tantalizing scent. I've never loved a scent more than this scent, and that's saying a lot from someone who doesn't always appreciate scented products.

Smells great!

Philosophy shower gels are one of my all-time favorite gels to use in the shower.This birthday cake scent is an example of a particularly good smelling one! I love changing the scent of my gel to the season. For example, in the winter I will use a “Partridge in a Pear Tree” scent for Christmas, which has a lovely subtle hint of pear and a festive shimmer to it. In the summer, I would use something along the lines of Strawberry Daiquiri or equally delicious and fruity smelling.
They can also be used as an all-in-one shampoo, although personally those types of products don’t work well on my hair. I prefer to use a different shampoo and conditioner for my hair and leave the shower gel to my body.
The products might be a bit more expensive than others you can find, but they last an incredibly long time! I also find they make great gifts! Upscale enough to be a bit of a treat, but by themselves they make a very cute and inexpensive gift – how great would this be for a birthday gift?

Perfect Birthday Gift

All in One Products are one of the best things to keep in your bathroom, and Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath is a really great product. This is especially convenient if you don't have a lot of storage space in your bathroom. You can use just one container for absolutely everything: washing your hair, using shower gel, and taking a bubble bath.

I received this one year as a birthday gift, and I really liked the scent. It kept my hair very clean and smelling great too! It kept my hair from getting oily, but I had to use another conditioner with it since I have very long thick hair that tends to get knotty.

This is gentle enough for use on sensitive skin, and it does not dry out your skin at all. It also works well as a bubble bath.

This keeps your hair clean and smelling great!

This is one of my favorite scents. It smells exactly like a birthday cake would smell at a birthday party.

Great product

Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath is a great product. As the name suggests, it can be used as a shampoo, shower gel, or used to make a nice bubble bath. It has a very rich vanilla scent. I also have the lip gloss in this scent and love it. I love that this product produces a great lather with a lot of bubbles. It feels great on skin or hair, and leaves you feeling and smelling fresh.

Makes a great lather to bathe in or wash your hair with.

It has a nice vanilla scent reminiscent of birthday cake!

A drugstore product wrapped up in a pretty package.

This product has a bleachy smell to it. I don't know if it I got a bad bottle, but the sickeningly sweet artificial creamy smell (not even vanilla; I smelled little to no vanilla in this product) along with a bleachy after-smell made me dislike this product the first time I used it. Also, I didn't find it much more moisturizing than any other drugstore product that I've used. This product, to me, is just an overpriced drugstore product. Don't use it as a shampoo either; it'll only tangle up your hair and make it hard to comb out the tangles. The scent doesn't last long on either hair nor skin, which, considering the way that this product smells, is a godsend. I like it the best as bubble bath because it produces a lot of foam. The body wash aspect of it is okay because of the lather; it lathers quickly and cleanses your body really well. It's just that the smell ruins things and the lack of any real moisturization kind of (well, definitely) ruins this product. With all of the hype around this product, you would think they would do a better job with quality control with the scents and the shampoo aspect.

works well as a shower gel and bubble bath but not a shampoo

I got this as a gift a couple months ago and I automatically fell in love with the smell. It smells very sweet it was so amazing on how it smelled just like vanilla cake exactly the same. It works good as a shower gel it made my body feel smooth and my body stayed smelling like cake. My body looked soft and it felt smooth all day long. I used it as a bubble bath and I got a lot of bubbles I enjoyed the bath because of the aroma and it was very relaxing to me. The bubbles stayed for a long time which is a plus because some bubble bath soaps all the bubbles go away fast. The only down side to this product was I just wasn't impressed at all with the shampoo part. It didn't work good on my hair at all. It made my hair feel so tangled and my hair got so itchy after. I noticed my hair got a little greasy. I think maybe its too scented for hair. But it did work really good as a shower gel and bubble bath soap. It got really soapy and rich. I would buy this product if I wanted a relaxing bubble bath. Its not the best I've used but it does work great.

Run From This One! No One In My Family Could Stand It

from Podunk, NY

I got a bottle of Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Shampoo Shower Gel and Bubble Bath for my birthday a year or two ago and although it has a nice idea, I just was not impressed. This stuff is supposed to be useable for showers, baths, and shampoos.

It comes in a clear plastic bottle with a black top on it, and the contents are a thick yellow ivory pearly soapy substance which smells rather icky, to be honest.

**INGREDIENTS**

*Water (Aqua), Tea-Lauryl Sulfate, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Stearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium-7, Peg-150 Distearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Buteth-3, Tributyl Citrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Propylene Glycol, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 40 (Ci 16035).*

There was not a thing that I liked about this stuff. As a shampoo it left hair stripped and fly away. It also left an itchy head for my son. As a shower gel, it was not thrilling- skin was not left cleansed overly well and felt kind of tacky when done. I had itching problems after using it. As a bubble bath- forget it- my daughter had itching problems. I have to say that this bottle was passed around to my entire family and it ended up with my son who usually uses anything without complaint and he even told me that this stuff was awful. I would say stay away.

I can not say that this stuff smelled like anything thrilling or pleasant. It was one of the worst smells I have experienced in a body wash and I can not recommend it at all.

Smells Heavenly

from Crystal Lake, IL

Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Buteth-3, Tributyl Citrate,

Mmmm, love it! Vanilla icing fragrance.

Vanilla Birthday Cake: Celebrate Every Day!

from Saint Louis, MO

I love bath products, particularly those that make my daily showers an aromatic experience. Philosophy is one of the best companies for skin care, aging, and bath products. The Vanilla Birthday Cake 3 in 1 Shower Gel is a classic, and for good reason.

The scent of this gel is sweet, sugary, and satisfying. It allows me to indulge without consuming unnecessary calories. Simply put, it makes each shower a celebration! It can be used as a shampoo, bubble bath, or shower gel. I almost always use it to cleanse my body. I have very sensitive skin. I also use it as a shaving cream, and it always leaves my skin healthy and smooth.

This gel is not inexpensive. It also must be purchased online, from a television vendor, or at your local department store. Regardless, I believe this luxury product is worth the extra time and money, if you can afford it. With Philosophy, you get a needed break for your hectic life. It will make you smile for a few minutes and bring a little bit of joy to your daily routine.