2.5

2.5

Philosophy Lip Shine-a goopy sticky mess

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - Gingerbread:

I am generally a fan of Philosophy products- I love their bath washes and the skin care line but this lip shine is a disaster.  I've received numerous tubes as gifts as many of their gift sets pair a lip shine with a body wash. Because of the price and the good intentions of the gift givers I've given this product multiple tries but each time I've come to the same conclusion- this stuff is awful.  It leaves my lips feeling like a goopy, sticky mess.  Not only that but it seems to just sit on the top of my lips before inevitably rubbing off on clothing or being swabbed off, it never actually sinks in and does any moisturizing.  I loved the gingerbread scent of this tube enough to get creative and try multiple tactics to cope with the mess (applying and blotting, swabbing, dotting on just a tiny amount) but that quickly came to an end when my husband informed me that my mouth smelled and tasted like vomit.  I'm afraid this is one of Philosophy's few lemons.

philosophy lip shine

from Portland, OR

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - Gingerbread:

I was not impressed with this it had a wierd smell that I did  not like it was like I was putting on spices so I did not wear to many times it was a bit strong for me. It did have a nice color though

Great Scent of Gingerbread

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - Gingerbread:

I really love Philosophy brand products because not only do the products really work, but they come in a huge variety of scents, so I love to try the newest fragrances and change up the products I use based on the holidays.  I was happy to find this **Philosophy Gingerbread Lip Shine** because I am a huge lip product fan and I thought the scent of gingerbread would be perfect for the christmas time.  The product comes in a clear lip tube so I was happy that I could see the product and shade before I bought it.  It was on sale, so it sounded like a great deal.  After uncapping the lip product I smelled the sweet scent of fresh gingerbread, a little sweetness and a lot of spice.  The lip shine is easy to apply and goes on smooth.  The lip product is paraben free and looks great on the lips.  I liked the smooth shine, no glitter or sparkles, but lots of shine.  The scent of gingerbread lasted on my lips, but not too strong and a spice of cinnamon.  My lips felt moist and not sticky and it was a great treat to keep my lips looking and tasting great through the day.

Love the lip gloss, but not the gingerbread scent.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - Gingerbread:

I have tried several Philosophy Lip Shines and loved them, including my absolute favorite, [Spicy Pear Cobbler][1] , so I decided to try a new flavor - **Gingerbread**.  Unfortunately, I don't love it very much at all.  It is still the same high-quality lip gloss I know and love, but you lost me on the scent.

**Philosophy Gingerbread Lip Shine **in the tube is a sparkly brown color, however, it is a sheer hint of brown with no sparkles when you apply it to your lips.  It happens to be the perfect hint of color for my pale lips.  When you remove the lid, it smells nice.  I can pick up the scents of butter, cinnamon, ginger and a strong spice.  When I apply it to my lips, the only thing I can smell is the overpowering scent of a strong spice and a little cinnamon.  I don't know if it's ginger or what, but I'm not a fan of the scent outside of the tube at all.

I do like that this lip gloss wears for a long time, has a nice hint of color and gives my lips a luscious shine, but the scent is too much for me.  It's not exactly horrible, but not good either.  If this lip gloss didn't perform as well as it does, I would have given it 1 or 2 stars.  As is, I wish I could give it 2.5.  Although I love the performance of the lip gloss, I wouldn't buy it again because of the scent.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Philosophy-Spicy-Pear-Cobbler-Lip-Shine-review-8aac2