Other Lips:
Philosophy
Philosophy Lip Shine - All Shades/Flavors

Philosophy Lip Shine - All Shades/Flavors

An excellent lip gloss...but be careful which flavor you buy.

I've tried several different "flavors" of Philosophy Lip Shine with mixed results.  The product itself is a very emollient and thick lip gloss with minimal color and some shimmer.  It might be too thick or Vaseline-like for some people, but my lips tend to get very chapped in the winter, so I love the fact that the texture is so rich and longwearing.  It provides a very natural look, and can be worn alone or over your favorite lipstick.One of my favorite aspects of the product is the wide variety of flavors/fragrances it comes in.  I'm addicted to the Vanilla Birthday Cake, as it smells and vaguely tastes like a cupcake and is very pleasant.  But I had to throw out the Berry Crumble version, as it actually smelled more like chocolate (not in a good way), or to my husband's mind, dust.  He decreed that I could no longer wear it, as he HATED the smell.  Other people also commented about the smell when I was wearing it...they couldn't necessarily tell the odor was coming from me, but they definitely noticed it (at the gym, my trainer commented "It smells like someone is eating chocolate in here").  So definitely give the product a sniff in the store to make sure you like the particular fragrance.

Philosophy lip gloss smells like it's flavor but doesn't last

I love many philosophy products from the microdelivery peel to hope in a jar.  So why not try some of their other products right?   I have found that the lip glosses have always attracted my attention with fun names and flavors.  I wanted to give them a try.

So I tried a few lip gelatos and a lip gloss.  I tried a couple lip gelatos and I either liked or really didn't like the flavor.  I also tried the raspberry sorbet.  I love that flavor.  It has a little sparkle. I liked the consistency of this lip product.  The product did not last very long.  I wanted to keep using it because felt good and and some of the smells I *loved* but I realized it didn't last long at all.  I became addicted to putting on the gloss.  Which must mean I was practically eating it, right?  Anyway philosophy lip glosses have a nice non-sticky texture and a realistic scent.  It just didn't last very long on my lips.  I wouldn't recommend this unless you are only looking for a lip gloss based on the flavor.  (I did that when I was little with Bonnie Bell.  Anyone else?)

Strong lip gloss with sparkle

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - All Shades/Flavors:

I received this gloss as part of a graduation gift. I really like it a lot-it provides protection and coverage to my lips, while giving them a hint of color and sparkle. I love to wear it on cold days when my lips are dry, or when I don't want to wear a lot of make-up. The texture is very smooth and it has a faint taste of birthday cake. I didn't find this to be a problem. The shine from the glitter looks nice in photos too! I haven't tried the other flavors of this product, but this one is a winner.

My favorite lip gloss, hands down

from Midland, MI

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - All Shades/Flavors:

I received a tube of Philosophy Lip Shine (Peppermint Bark) for Christmas last year. I immediately loved the way it went on smoothly. It doesn't feel goopy or sticky. The shine is very nice too, not too much nor too little. I've since bought a few more 'flavors' and like them all the same. They are mostly sheer, so the color of the lip shine isn't too dark, and I've even worn them over darker colored lipstick before for a nice touch. I enjoy the flavors, too. They aren't overpowering, like the lip-smackers I remember using as a kid, but they do have a pleasant flavor when first applies (although it does fade after several minutes).

The packaging is convenient. It comes in a tube, so you can leave it in your car without fear of it melting everywhere and making a mess.

While this lip gloss is a little pricier than others, I think it's worth it. A single tube lasts for months and it's a really great product.

I tried the Sugar Cookie flavor

from Norwalk, CA

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - All Shades/Flavors:

I got a gift set of Sugar Cookie items from the Philosophy line, and the lip shine was one of the products. I had used the Sugar Cookie body wash before and LOVED the smell, so I knew I would like the same fragrance in the lip care. And I did...however...I wasn't so crazy about how the Lip Shine felt on my lips. It went on a bit thick with the applicator on the tube...so much so that I had to smear it with my finger to cover all my lip. There really wasn't much shine to it either, which was disappointing. Not sure if Philosophy sells this as a lip gloss, lip balm, etc but it isn't worth buying in my opinion. It didn't stay on my lips and it actually seemed to dry them out a bit. If I hadn't gotten this for free, I would have taken it back. But for me, I wouldn't recommend it.

Lip gloss that smells good enough to eat

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - All Shades/Flavors:

This is by far my favorite lip gloss. The two flavors I like the most are daiquiri and raspberry sorbet. They are thick and stay on my lips a long time. They also have a shimmer to them that doesn't look too sparkly but provides some nice dimension. Plus, they smell fantastic!

Philosophy Lip Shine is super shine and super delicious.

from Neenah, WI

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - All Shades/Flavors:

Philosophy Lip Shine freaking wonderful! It comes in a nice assortment of shades & flavors and makes your lips feel nice and smooth with super high shine and never a tacky or sticky moment. Your lips will feel hydrated as well and just so nice. Philosophy Lip Shine is a very emolliant lips shine that gives you desirable and kissable lips that you will just fall in love with. My favorite ones are Chewy Chocolate Lollipop, Mimosa, Tangerine Dream and my hands down most favorite is Raspberry Sorbet which not only tastes wonderful but it has just the right amount of shimmer and color to it that it looks amazing! You'll want to try each Philosophy Lip Shine after your first one that you try. I always try to pick up one of the gift sets when I find them on sale around after the holidays and they usually have one or two that have a lip shine in with the bath gels, so it can be a very good value if you can find one. Bottom line is you'll love this lip shine! It gives you a natural look and it lasts for hours!

Philosophy Lip Shine is PERFECT!

from Bethesda, MD

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - All Shades/Flavors:

I love my Philosophy Lip shine in Bubbly. It is hands down my all time favorite lip product. The taste is delicious - tastes like champagne. However the real reason I love my lip shine is that it has completely transformed my lips. I have the worst lips ever. They are dry and the skin flakes off easily. They crack in the Winter and the red in my lip bleeds far beyond my natural lip line. It is embarrassing and painful. However I started using the Philosophy lip shine a couple of months ago and all of these problems have gone away. My lips are now smooth, moisturized and never bleed. I put it on a couple of times a day. Sometimes even before bed. I never forget to put it on because the taste is so good. I love how it feels on my lips and for some reason it keeps me from licking them. The shine doesn't last beyond an hour, but I feel that is okay because my lips never dry out even after it wears off. I absolutely love this product!

Philosophy Lip Shine lasts a long time!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - All Shades/Flavors:

I think the ones I have bought have tasted and smelled great - I have Mimosa and Vanilla Birthday Cake. It's only sticky if I accidentally squeeze too much out! I think it lasts longer than most lip gloss.

Smells good enough to eat!

from Springfield, IL

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - All Shades/Flavors:

My daughter recently had a birthday and she loves makeup although she is not allowed to wear it out of the house.  I am always looking for something that would make her feel a little more grown up yet allowe her to remain a "tween".  I bought this online and had no idea what it would be like.  I gave it to her on her big day and she was in love with it!  She opened it up and put it on.  The whole room smelled like it in no time.  She puts her in her purse and wears it when we got out.  I like the fact that it has basically no color to it but keeps her lips moistened.  I had always hear good things about the Philosphy brand but had never tried it.  I bought other products and so far, she is now a fan.  She will be getting a gift card to our local store that sells this brand and she will head for the Philosophy lip gloss to get more flavors.  I like the simple packaging of this product and how it can be for women of any age.

Philosophy lip gloss smells like it's flavor but doesn't last

from Boulder, CO

I love this stuff

from Orem, UT

Comments about Philosophy Lip Shine - All Shades/Flavors:

I really love philosophy lip shines.  I've read reviews where users claim it is too sticky.  It is at first, but as it warms up it gets smoother.  My chief complaint about lipgloss is that on me it lasts about 5 minutes.  These lip shines last a lot longer and the taste of them last a long time, too.  I have about 5 different flavors and have enjoyed all of them.