3.6
Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote

Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote

3.6

Easy to use

I have purchased more than one Phillips Universal Remote for our household. We have used other brands and this is the one that we all agree is the most convenient and easy to use. First of all, the price is great - not too expensive and many stores frequently offer some type of rebate on them. The codes are not that difficult to figure out - a big plus after using other brands. My two most favorite things - I love the size of the remote. It is large enough that it doensn't get lost, yet it is easy to hold. The wider on top and narrower at the bottom design makes it easy to fit in your hand. My second most favorite thing - I love the fact that the remote is silver, yet most of the controls are blue. that makes it easy to see when you are looking to change channels, etc. Many remotes are all black - numbers, controls and the face of the remote. I hate that. The number of features that can be controlled by the remote is great too. My only complaint - it doesn't control my TIVO - but at the same time, I haven't found one remote that does other than the TIVO brand. Good design, PHillips!

Cluttered

This dvd remote seems to be to cluttered.It is very difficult to use it when you are sitting there on the couch in the dark.This dvd remote should have backlight.It would be easier to operate in the dark and not only that,it is not user friendly.The buttons are really small and some times it is very easy to press 2 buttons instead of 1,I find that really annoying.This dvd remote could have been alot easier to use.This dvd remote should also be compatible with Tivo and major stereo systems,it should also be compatible with major television brands,it would make it alot easier and a more enjoyable entertainment experience.I find it very annoying to have 5 different remotes for every single thing.For instance if you're operating your vcr it is hard to hold the remote from the bottom and operate the play buttons,the fast forward buttons and also the rewind button.It's puts a strain on my hand and sometimes my hand starts getting sore around the thumb area.Phillips could have made this remote more user friendly

The Philips Universal Digital DVR Remote is a champ.

Comments about Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote:

What a time saver. Instead of having to learn and keep track of FIVE different remotes. This ONE remote takes all the hassle off using a home theater. I could not throw away all the remotes that my components came with. This ONE works better than any of the ones the components came with.

Not only does it make it possible to eliminate all your other remotes, it is easily programmable with the easy to read and follow instructions.

And unlike many remotes, this one is easy to read. It also has back lighted buttons so that it is easy to use in the dark.

So if you are tired of looking for one of your ever elusive remotes. Tired of changing batteries in multiple remotes. Tired of switching from one remote to another in order to use your entertainment center, switch to the Phillips Digital DVR remote and end all these hassles. It's well worth the price in just the time it will save you. Not counting the frustration it will eliminate and the cost of additional batteries.

Easy to use

from Brecksville, OH

Wonderful Technology

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote:

Having the universal remote is great because all of my systems that are connected to same controller and it is great. This is yet another great technology that has been discovered. I brought this remot for each room in the house. It has all the connections that are need to connect to your cable box etc. Everyone should have one and get out of using different remote controls to navigate what this remate control does all of.

Philips, a good brand a good product.

from Gerald, MO

Comments about Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote:

It is: thin, sleek, and very sharp in design.  The buttons glow in the dark for you hard core tv watchers that don't want the lights on and it screams 'I am the remote for you!'  If you want quality from a product that is able to control most items during your television or movie viewing experience then this is the remote for you.

Philips Universal Digital DVR Remote is awsome

from Delaware, OH

Comments about Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote:

I used to have this universal remote when I had my digital cable. It worked wonders for me and it never acted up. It was recommended to me and my fiance by his parents, so we went out, bought one, and used it. We were very satisfied with the quality of the device. I would recommend it to others who are looking for a universal remote for their devices.

The Philips UD DVR remote is a decent control

from New York, NY

Comments about Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote:

This remote is a frairly decent purchase. It does the trick in which you seek, but not quite there as far as being for the teck savvy consumer. I definitely expected a tad more for the purchase, but I will say that it is very durable for no matter how many times my son has dropped it, it is as beyonce would say... A survivor. Features are okay, but again I did expect a tad more from it.

the ohilips-universal dvr remote is awesome

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote:

**Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote is the best remote in the world is has change the way                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             this remote is just awesome highly recommend buying it **

I am very happy with the Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote!

from Bristol, TN

Comments about Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote:

This just works. My old Replay TV remote was failing, and so was the remote for an older tv in the kitchen as well as the remote for my KLH receiver. I entered some codes and used the learning function and managed to get everything working. Follow the directions in the manual, which aren't as bad as some, and this thing will give you CONTROL! I bought another one for the living room equipment, and this worked fine, too, except for a Panasonic DVR that has lots of oddball controls. I'll work on getting that remote 's controls programmed in the future. Overall, I'm satisfied with the functionality and low PRICE of this remote.

Good item for the price.

from Oak Hill, WV

Comments about Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote:

This is a good item for the price, but I misplaced my book and couldn't figure out how to reprogram it to work with my dvd player after the batteries went dead.  I only gave it 4 stars because it should be easier to do a search without having specific codes.

The Philips Universal Digital DVR Remote is a one stop process

from Locust Grove, OK

Comments about Philips - Universal Digital DVR Remote:

I purchased the Philips Universal Digital DVR Remote to replace a lost remote a couple of months ago.  The price is why I purchased this particular remote.  I wasn't sure it would work with our box, but thought I would try it anyway.  I was surprised that it was so easy to use, the instructions were clear and I had no trouble setting it up.  We have 3 televisions in our home with DVR and when my daughter misplaced hers, I was able to reprogram the Philips Universal Digital DVR Remote to work in her room temporarily until she found her remote.  I would recommend this universal remote to anyone.  Before we had DVR we had other Philips Universal remotes my son's television and was always happy with the product.  I highly recommend this product for those of you that have children like mine that are always misplacing their remotes or leaving them where they will get broken.  I hope this review was helpful.