Other Electric Toothbrushes:

Philips Sonicare for Kids Toothbrush

Pros

Cons

• Performance/Cleaning:

kids love brushing their teeth now!

While visiting the dentist recently with my 3 and 6 year old children, I was advised to begin using an electric toothbrush for both myself and my children.  Both kids needed better brushing skills, and I was told by the hygienist that the electric toothbrush would help in that it does most of the work all on its own.  I found this Sonicare Kids toothbrush, and our bedtime routine has gone much smoother ever since!

Things we love about it are the settings for younger and older children.  This is such an awesome feature.  For my 3 year old (almost 4), we use the slower setting and the smaller brush.  She has a tiny little mouth, and this brush fits just fine.  The speed setting is mild enough not to overpower her.  My almost 7 year old uses the higher speed setting and the bigger brush.  He is a pro at it now, and enjoys 'coaching' his little sister every night on how to use it!

We all love the choices in faceplates that you can apply to change the 'look' of the toothbrush, but this by no means would make or break the deal for us!  Just a fun bonus!

What I like most is the ability to have 2 completely different and personal  toothbrushes for both of my children without having to shell out more money for 2 different electric brushes.

NEAT for kids

My kid loved it, over all I felt like he got a better clean mouth with the brush and the colors are gender neutral and vibrant enough for him to be excited by. The only issue is that for the price I paid I expected it to last alot longer than it did. The motor died on it, it wont charge much less turn on and stuff....JUST DEAD. It had only been in the house for 2 1/2 months with no misuse!!!!

Performance/Cleaning
good clean teeth loved it THE BRUSH HEADS NEEDED SOME EXTRA SCRUBBING FOR THE TOOTHPASTE TO COME OFF BUT NOTHING LIKE A NORMAL BRUSH WOULDNT REQUIRE I GUESS.

that is the only part that stunk, the motor lasted 2 1/2 months and cant return to store either!!!

Great for kids

Comments about Philips Sonicare for Kids Toothbrush:

My child is excited about brushing with this toothbrush, and it makes it really easy for him to brush long enough, and to do a pretty good job on his own.

So far, my child has been using the toothbrush for over 2 years without any problems. It is still working well.

Philips Sonicare for Kids

Comments about Philips Sonicare for Kids Toothbrush:

This is the best toothbrush for kids! I've owned one of these toothbrushes for myself for years, and I've really enjoyed it. I was excited to find a version for children. This toothbrush makes it so easy to get my kids to brush their teeth. They love the vibrations. This toothbrush has two different settings. There is a setting for younger children, and then there is one for older children. Honestly, I don't notice a difference in the settings. It also has music with a timer. The music plays for thirty seconds, and then the music changes. Every time it changes, the child is supposed to move to a different section of their mouth. That's great because sometimes kids won't brush their teeth as long as they should. I haven't been able to find replacement heads for these, but I haven't needed them yet. It came with one replacement, but I guess I will have to order more online. I wish they had these when I was a kid!

• Performance/Cleaning:

Great Investment for good dental health for your kids!

from Guilford, CT

Comments about Philips Sonicare for Kids Toothbrush:

As a parent, you want the best for your kids. You want them to start life with good habits and I think dental hygiene is especially important because your adult teeth last you for your lifetime. I personally as a kid didn't do a good job of keeping up with good dental hygiene and now try to upkeep good dental habits. The Philips Sonicare toothbrush is one we use for ourselves and my wife insisted we get one for our toddler. The Philips Sonicare for Kids toothbrush is basically a kids size version of the Sonicare for adults. I like that the toothbrush has its recharging station versus using batteries all the time like we did for his character battery powered toothbrushes that he used prior to. The toothbrush itself is very easy to handle for kids and even plays a short tune when its time to switch from different areas of the mouth during brushing. The brush head seems perfect for my child and I like how it uses only a little toothpaste on the brush. I have nothing negative to say about this product.

• Performance/Cleaning:

The best kids brush around

Comments about Philips Sonicare for Kids Toothbrush:

I didn't really mind buying manual brushes for my son until he started to have some serious bad breath problems. I know that comes from bacteria in the mouth and I was worried about him developing tooth problems so I upped my oral care game and bought this. I got a great deal on this brush from a coupon I found so I was super satisfied with the value. My kid loves it too, so it all worked out great.

Performance/Cleaning
This brush does a great job at getting my kids mouth clean. We added a new mouthwash and new toothpaste to his oral care routine but I really believe it was this brush that made the most difference.

He's been using this brush for almost six months now and it's held up extremely well. With twice (and sometimes three times) a day brushing I was sure he'd be going through the toothbrush heads like crazy but they last for ages, and keep their shape and effectiveness. This bush is a long term investment and it's worth every penny.

Awesome toothbrush.

Comments about Philips Sonicare for Kids Toothbrush:

This toothbrush is so cool! I initially got this toothbrush for my two daughters ages two and three. A year later they are still in love with it! Brushing teeth has always been a part of our nighttime routine, and this just makes it fun! The face plates are interchangeable, so the girls can each pick whichever one they want. I do wish that they had some more specific options. The plates that it comes with are neat, but pretty basic. I think the fact that you can change them is the real reason they interest my kids. The music is neat, tinkly, and it is a great single for my kids when it is time to switch sides, and be all done. This is probably my absolute favorite feature of this toothbrush. They only problem I have with this brush is the cost, and now there are even disposable electric toothbrushes that retail for not even a tenth of what I paid for this one. I guess that is the shift in the market, and I believe the price of this has come down some since I bought it, but it is tough to justify spending so much more!

• Performance/Cleaning:

Good for kids with Orthodontic work

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Philips Sonicare for Kids Toothbrush:

We bought this for my daughter because she had to have an expander (and will soon need braces) put in. This toothbrush has a timer which beeps when kids should move on to another part of their mouth. It also lets the kiddos know when they have brushed long enough by beeping and turning itself off. I love that it makes my daughter brush her teeth for a couple of minutes. It has 2 different size brush heads which are interchangeable and has several different "covers" for the handle portion so your child can pick the look that they want for their toothbrush.
At my daughter's last visit to the orthodontist, they commented on how clean her teeth and the expander looked! That says enough for me!

Performance/Cleaning
My daughter's teeth are very clean while using this. It also keeps her expander on the roof of her mouth very clean too!

I have only had this product for a month so I cannot comment on its durability longterm. As of now, it works great!

5 year old son loves it

Comments about Philips Sonicare for Kids Toothbrush:

My son has had this toothbrush since he was 4 and now he's almost 6 and he still uses it. The toothbrush is quite durable to withstand my son for that amount of time. It's great because when the battery runs low all I do is set it on the charger overnight and its ready to go again for another few weeks. These is a small head for the smaller mouths and a larger head for older children. I anticipate having this toothbrush for quite a while and also plan on getting one for both by other sons when they get a little older. There's a larger cost upfront on purchasing this toothbrush but its worth it because it lasts a long time and cleans really well too.

NEAT for kids

• Performance/Cleaning:

LOVE this Sonicare kids toothbrush!

from East Wenatchee, WA

Comments about Philips Sonicare for Kids Toothbrush:

Fun colors and fun music makes this a fun time for my son! Brushing used to be a struggle with my 5 year old, but since we've gotten this "tickle" toothbrush, he loves it! The brush has different speed settings and plays a chime in intervals to signal to the child when to switch sides and when you've brushed long enough. There are different colored, interchangeable heads and faceplates for the brush.

Worth It!

from Chula Vista, CA

Comments about Philips Sonicare for Kids Toothbrush:

Brushing my 3 year old's teeth has always been a struggle, but the Kids Sonicare makes it easier. It comes with a few different face plates that my son loved to pick out, and when he gets sick of the one he has now, he will be able to pick out a new one. There is a differently little melody every 30 seconds, a pleasant sound that lets the child know that the end is getting closer and closer! The brushing action seems to work very well, and is much better than the disposable electric brushes that we used to use. It is great at training your child to brush each section of his teeth for 30 seconds, and the beep lets them know that they can move onto the next section. We still brush his teeth, but also allow him to brush his teeth himself when we are done. He loves to brush his teeth at the same time as his mom and dad! The only con would be the high price of the toothbrush AND the replacement heads.