Other Electric Toothbrushes:

Philips Sonicare FlexCare RS930 Toothbrush HX6932/10

Pros

Cons

• Performance/Cleaning:

So fresh and so clean clean

If you haven't used a sonicare, you haven't experienced how fresh and clean your mouth can feel! The sonic waves emitted from the toothbrush do take some getting used to, since it is a powerful device, but after a few days, you are ready to go and fight plaque head on!

The FlexCare RS930 is a great model because of all the different features. There are three different speeds to choose from. This is great when figuring out what works best for you. This model also has the least amount of vibration from any sonicare brush, so it is very easy to adjust to if you are used to an OralB or another brand.

The brush is very lightweight, so you don't feel like you are holding a brick in your hand while cleaning your pearly whites.

Why does sonicare work? Besides the sonic waves that fight plaque and gingivitis, there is a two minute timer built into the brush, so when you turn it on, it will automatically turn off after two minutes - the recommended time to brush your teeth.

It also helps loosen up any food that might be lodged between your teeth and helps make flossing much easier.

You have two brush heads to choose from. A standard brush head and a compact brush head. The standard one is the basic size an adult would use and does a good all around job. The compact brush is smaller and gets in places the larger head might miss.

The accessories are also nice on the Flex Care RS930. The travel case is great for someone on the go. It fits nicely in any size bag. One of the best features is the brush sanitizer. This will clean bacteria from the brush head. I usually do this 2-3 times a week at night. (Plus the UV blue light looks really cool at night).

It is also important to use the plastic hygienic caps that cover the brush heads. This will keep the brush head clean along with using the sanitizer.

The brush heads do need to be cleaned regularly, so that paste residue does not build up around the base of the brush head. This could cause the brush to slow down.

The battery life on sonicare brushes is great. You can usually go days without having to recharge the device if you are out of town or forget to dock the brush at night. The battery indicator light will show you the amount of energy left, turning from green to yellow once it is time to charge it up.

What if you and a family member have sonicare toothbrushes? They have thought about this. Each brush comes with three color code rings to distinguish them apart from someone else's. Because using someone else's toothbrush just might be the grossest thing you can do.

This is the second sonicare brush I have owned. All models are great. The Flexcare RS930 is fantastic because of the ease of use and great accessories.

Phillips Sonicare Flexcare did not last long :(

This toothbrush was great while it worked.  This was my 3rd Sonicare toothbrush and the first with a few bells and whistles.  There's an indicator light on it which I never found very useful.  I always had it on the higest setting, so there was little point, other than to indicate the level of the battery.  Similar to other Sonicare toothbrushes, I found that the same issues came up.  It requires a pretty extensive cleaning about once a week and the rubber part of the toothbrush head (located at the base) still gets a little gross.  The santizer is great, but I found after a while, there would still be gunk in the head that could only really be cleaned with soap and a cotton swab.

Of all the Sonicare toothbrushes I've owned, this one lasted the shortest amount of time.  The first I had lasted about 4 years.  The 2nd about 3 years.  This one only lasted about a year and a month.  Pretty disappointing that it died so quickly.  I was shocked it died so quickly, so I took this one apart and found that the battery had leaked inside.  I am not sure if it has anything to do with the UV sanitizer (perhaps it caused the seal to wear out faster?) or if the seal was just weak on this one, but it was obvious water had leaked into the battery compartment.

I went back to a basic model and have been much happier with it.

My first electric toothbrush

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare RS930 Toothbrush HX6932/10:

I had always used conventional toothbrushes until my dentist started to see pockets forming in my gums close to some of my back teeth. He recommended switching to an electric toothbrush in order to improve my gum health. Since this Philips Sonicare is my first electric toothbrush, I can't compare it to others on the market. I can say that I have been pleased with its performance, and I have had less gum issues since using it.
The brush itself is easy to use. I especially like the feature that it will turn itself off after two minutes, for a conventional amount of brushing time, or at three minutes, which is supposed to promote gum health. I also like the fact that you can get different sized brush heads to go on it. I personally prefer the smaller sized heads. The toothbrush comes with a sanitizer that you can use after each time you brush. I'm honestly not sure how much good it does, but it is a nice feature. The brush is rechargeable, and the charge stays strong for a long time. I have taken the toothbrush on trips that last five days without any problems.
My only qualm about this product would be the price. It is expensive, and there are other, less expensive models on the market. However, I can say that since buying it, I have not regretted the money spent.

Easy Clean

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare RS930 Toothbrush HX6932/10:

My girlfriend had a Sonicare toothbrush, and after using it once, I was hooked. While the sensation might take a couple uses to get used to, I can notice my teeth feeling much cleaner that when I was just using a regular toothbrush. The timed cycle keeps me from getting lazy and not brushing my teeth for long enough, and the power in the toothbrush does all the work for me. The price is the only thing that might cause you to second guess if it is worth it. We got two on sale at CostCo for the price of one, so if you are a member, I suggest looking there first. Though it certainly is a splurge, especially for a toothbrush, I won't be going back to a regular toothbrush again.

Performance/Cleaning
I believe that it lives up to its hype about better cleaning. I can definitely tell a difference from when I was using a regular toothbrush until now.

I have never had any problems with the toothbrush. The brush heads do need to be replaced as time goes on just like any other toothbrush would, but the actual machine itself works fine for a long time.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Best toothbrush out there!

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare RS930 Toothbrush HX6932/10:

Having poor enamel makes me very susceptible to cavities, and I was finding myself in and out of my dentist’s office for years. My dentists went beyond recommending and told me I just had to get myself a Sonicare toothbrush. He said the power behind the brush will give me the deep clean I need to protect my teeth from future cavities. And he was right! Ever since using my Sonicare I haven’t acquired any new cavities. This toothbrush leaves my teeth feeling cleaner than they’ve ever felt before. I love that it times my brushing session automatically, cutting two minutes into four 30 second intervals with buzzes in between to switch from side, top or bottom of your mouth. It really helps because I was in the bad habit of rushing through brushing prior to using the Sonicare. The only drawback I have from using the brush is how often I find myself replacing the brush head too often. I go through a head about every two months, and the replacements are so expensive! Aside from that, I definitely recommend this brush to anyone. It is worth the initial splurge for a toothbrush because the end results are incredible.

The brush-heads need to be replaced frequently; only last me about two months.

LOVE the clean!

from Ft Mitchell, KY

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare RS930 Toothbrush HX6932/10:

I really like and believe in this toothbrush. It is absolutely the best of the 'power' brushes I have tried. The brush has several settings, including sensitive for those just starting the sonic experience, or those with sensitive teeth or gums. The brush sanitizer is great, and is built right in to the unit, instead of being a stand-alone piece, so there is only one power cord to deal with. The brushes fit perfectly in the sanitizer for storage as well. I have found it quite easy to find replacement brushes as well, which is a great plus. Included with the brush is a nice little travel case with room for the unit, 2 brushes, and a small travel charger, although we have taken it with us on a 10 day trip without having to recharge it. My dentist is always surprised at how healthy my teeth/gums are, especially in the back...we both attribute that to the Sonicare. I know it may seem somewhat cost-prohibitive, but it is well worth it, especially when the dentist has less work to do on your teeth!

I found out the hard way that dropping it is a big no-no. :(

• Performance/Cleaning:

Amazing Toothbrush - I'll Never Use A Manual Brush Again!

from Blacklick, OH

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare RS930 Toothbrush HX6932/10:

Received as a gift from a family member who works in the dental profession, I knew this brush would be good, but it's great. Wonderful cleaning of teeth and gums. When traveling and I forget to take the brush, my teeth never feel as clean as when I use it. I've used other electric toothbrushes in the past and they usually caused so much sensitivity that I could only use them a few times a week. I use the Sonicare twice a day on the standard settings with no sensitivity issues at all.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Great electric toothbrush to keep teeth clean and healthy.

from Havre De Grace, MD

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare RS930 Toothbrush HX6932/10:

This toothbrush does an excellent job cleaning teeth, but is a bit overpriced. It's easy to clean and change toothbrush heads. Better than a manual toothbrush. It keeps a good charge and doesn't take up too much counter space.

battery problem

from Schaumburg, IL

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare RS930 Toothbrush HX6932/10:

I bought flexcare from costco at a good price. while I'm happy with its function, the battery doesn't charge after using it for a couple of months. I placed it at the charger, and it took forever to charge it full.

Cleans you and the toothbrush!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare RS930 Toothbrush HX6932/10:

This toothbrush has a holder that sansitzer to keep the toothbrush clean. As for the toothbrush it cleans your mouth with a pause to tell you to go to a different area. Its sonic brushing cleaning action cleans between your teeth. The timer tells you when you should stop. Separate the brush from the holder and put in the container. Turn on the sansitzer and your toothbrush is cleaned.

Flexcare is easy on gums, tough on plaque...

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare RS930 Toothbrush HX6932/10:

I purchased the Flexcare model after using the Oral B electric toothbrush for 2 years. It took awhile to get used to the sonicare vibration, but do feel it is easier on my gums and does a little better cleaning than the Oral B model. I use the massage setting most due to past problems with receeding gums. I have had the Flexcare for 3 years and the battery is fine, no problems so far. I don't recharge it continuosly, instead charge it when it gets below 2 bars. I especially like the travel charger, as I use it everytime we travel and it makes it so convenient. Overall, the Flexcare has been a good buy, and I use the coupons and rebates to purchase the replacement heads as needed, usually after the 3 months is when I replace the heads. So if you are in the market for an electric model, this one is a good choice, since the UV cleaning unit is included-it cleans the Flexcare as well as my wife's Oral B heads. I look forward to purchasing more Phillips products based on my experience.

Philips Sonicare Flexcare Electric Toothbrush is a MUST have!

from Alsip, IL

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare RS930 Toothbrush HX6932/10:

Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush is a must have. This toothbrush is revolutionary, take away all the stress of taking care of teeth. Worried you might not brush your teeth long enough, don't; this brush has a timer already installed. Even pauses for a brief second to remind you to start brushing in a different quaderent. Concerned that its electric and you have sensitive teeth, don't; this amazing toothbrush has multiple Cleaning Modes to accomidate everyone. Worried that you don't have the room to store this brush, don't; not much bigger than an ordinary toothbrush. Ever think about how many germs that have built up on your toothbrush, GROSS. Does your toothbrush have a UV cleaner, it should Philips Sonicare does. Technology is a wonderful thing, embrace it. Let Sonicare take care of your teeth the correct way. Once you have used this toothbrush your Dentist won't know what hit them. They will be amazed of how well your teeth look. Its hard to imagine anyone resorting back to using anything else. The look, the feel, the ease, what more...