4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

Powerful cleaning

I got this to prevent gum recession and enamel erosion while keeping teeth clean and preventing gum disease. Also, it makes sense (though I'm not a dentist) that the sonic vibrations (like a massage) may help heal tooth ligaments that get irritated from orthodontics, clenching, impact, biting on hard things, etc. This model makes a different sound when you press too hard, but that different sound is not quite different enough so it is hard to tell whether I am in fact brushing too hard. Mine came with an InterCare brush head, which was very stiff and irritated my gums. I replaced it with the Sensitive head, but sometimes the bristles are too soft and bend so much that the brush head hits my teeth (which acts better than the sensor as protection from brushing too hard). It makes a strange sound and feeling when the brush head hits my teeth, but nothing has been chipped or broken and the brush is much more lightweight than other electric toothbrushes on the market that use AA batteries, so I think it is safer to accidentally hit teeth with this than with others.

Performance/Cleaning
Even on the lowest setting, my teeth feel very clean. The front teeth are a bit hard to brush, especially without spraying toothpaste around.

Very durable. It holds a charge very well for traveling. I have also dropped it on concrete and had the plastic on the bottom get a bit roughed up but it still works great. It says that baking soda and peroxide toothpaste can damage the handle but I have seen no evidence of that, even though I use that toothpaste and do not clean the handle after each use.

Philips Sonicare handle is good for about one year

Philips Sonicare Flex toothbrush was a wonderful new addition to our home.  We loved it.  It worked well, and I felt my teeth and gums were getting some extra loving from me when I used it.  I loved that it comes with the UV sanitizer and gave me the sense of killing germs.  However, I have had nothing but problems for the last two years with the handle.

The first time the handle just stopped working roughly 13 months after we got it.  We treated this brush like it was made of gold.  We followed the directions to a T.  We contacted Philips and got a replacement as ours was found to be faulty.  We packed up the whole set and received a new one 2 weeks later.  We were ecstatic.

Approximately 10 months after receiving the replacement our handle once again stopped working as it was supposed to.  It would quietly buzz and not keep a charge.  We contacted Philips again and was given a much more difficult time on what was going to happen but since I had my registration information they replaced it again, only the handle.  I was informed that I was 'just' under my 2 year warranty from the date of purchase.  I didn't think about what he had said at the time since I was receiving my replacement.

And now, 9 months after this replacement my handle just goes off on its own.  Just starts buzzing away.  Sometimes for the whole 2 minutes, sometimes just buzzes in a pattern.  When I went online to discuss troubleshooting I got the run around brush off.  I decided to call.  I got an amazingly sweet woman who did so much to try to fix the problem and then declared that it was faulty and that I would get a new one 10-14 business days.  I was happy, until the next morning.

I received a phone call from a man that I would not be receiving a replacement due to the fact that my warranty was up.  I explained that I didn't believe it was fair that a brush handle did not last the warranty time of two years.  I would have gladly understood if I had mistreated the brush, if it was indeed two years on one handle but it was not.  Not one of the handles lasted two years.  Did I just get unlucky and keep getting fussy handles?  I feel like Philips should stand behind their products.  In this case my warranty for the handle alone should start as soon as I got the replacement.  I did not want to replace the whole kit.  Just the faulty handle needed to be replaced.  The customer service and supervisor spoke to me as if they were reading from a pamphlet and would not take what I had to say seriously.  The supervisor then stated that I could send a letter to the complaint address and left it at that.  So here I am, brushing with the handle that does not work just so I can get use out of my leftover heads and sanitizing it while that still works.  I am very disappointed.

Powerful cleaning

Love my Sonicare!

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus Toothbrush:

I've been using the sonicare for many years. I upgrade to a newer model by choice every couple of years as this toothbrush never seems to die. If you truly appreciate that just come from the dental office clean, you'll absolutely love the sonicare flexcare toothbrush! It gets in the nooks and crannies. Maybe it's one step closer to brushing AND flossing than manual brushing alone.

Performance/Cleaning
Using the sonicare toothbrush is better than manual brushing alone. The moving bristles cover more tooth structure in the same amount of time you'd otherwise be spending brushing your teeth. Just have to be sure to change the brush head at least every three months as the bristles fatigue and wear out.

My sonicare toothbrushes seem to last forever. Sonicare releases new models with more bells and whistles every couple of years, so I treat myself to a new toothbrush every couple of years.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Teeth never felt so clean

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus Toothbrush:

This toothbrush is amazing. It cleans like no other toothbrush I have had. It is a good weight and size with a nice rubberized grip to prevent slippage when it is wet. The brush also has a built in timer which beeps when you should switch sections of your mouth as well as automatically shuts off after two minutes. This is both nice and can be annoying as sometimes you may want to brush a little extra. This toothbrush also doesn't have a battery but is instead rechargeable. This is very nice. The charger is small and sleek and fits any of the other sonic are toothbrushes. The charge can last up to two weeks of use without a recharge. This means you can even travel with it without having to carry along the charger! The heads are also replaceable so you can replace them when the bristles begin to wear out.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Best Toothbrush on the Market!

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus Toothbrush:

I purchased the Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus for my wife when her old electric tooth brush simply died. The FlexCare Plus brush handle is smaller and easier for her to hold on to, which she really likes. She also likes all the different settings this brush has to offer. One setting is for heather gums. The unit also comes with the UV Brush-Head Sanitizer which kills bacteria and viruses. This was a feature we never had before but really like. The FlexCare Plus comes with two brush heads: a standard head and a compact head. An added benefit she loves is the Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus lasts three weeks on one 24 hour charge. However, it does have a small travel charger in addition to the at-home charger and a travel case. This makes the brush and charger much easier for her to take along on trips.

Performance/Cleaning
The Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus has wonderful features to help you keep your teeth whiter and healthier.

• Performance/Cleaning:

My teeth are in Love with this tooth brush

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus Toothbrush:

An absolutely fantastic tooth brush, once you try it you will never go back to a regular toothbrush.

Performance/Cleaning
I can not believe how well it cleanse every nook and cranny of your teeth. Absolutely amazing. Your teeth will feel shiny and smooth all day long. The thing I really like is that after you brush you put the toothbrush head into the cleaner and press one button and it cleans your toothbrush with ultraviolet. It not only looks neat but you know that it is killing any bacteria from your mouth so that you are not reintroducing it back into your mouth the next time you brush your teeth. You can set it on different modes if it is for your gums, deep clean or normal brushing which is really nice to be sure you are covering all of your dental hygiene areas well without causing irritation.

I was a little nervous at first with the cord and the little light and the tooth brushes that come off and such. I have been very surprised and pleased to find that this brush is incredibly durable and the fact that you can sterilize the brushes after use is fantastic. The handle is durable and the buttons feel like they are brand new even after a years worth of use.

• Performance/Cleaning:

A great brush that will make brushing your teeth a joy!

from Boston, MA

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus Toothbrush:

let's put it this way: i've always found brushing my teeth a boring chore. and yet i hate hate hate the feeling of a dirty mouth. but who wants to stand there forever and a century scrubbing away with some piddly brush? supposedly most americans brush for too short of a time and i was guilty of that until i got the sonicare. the base setting is for 2 mins with beeps for each quadrant. the 30secs go by fast and allow you to really focus on getting that set of teeth clean. and the difference is noticeable - my teeth feel so smooth and clean and my mouth so fresh and light after each brushing. and after a few weeks you see just how much more shiny your teeth look. it's a luster you just can't get with regular toothbrushes. the flexcare plus has several settings - so you can switch to gum care mode for example and use the gum care brush head. but even the base setting is great. the UV brush head cleaner is a great tool to have. and the little travel case (mine is oval plastic, with vents to dry out the brush heads) is great to have. The brush holds a charge for 3 - 4 weeks. so if you're going on a trip, all you need is the case with the brush and the brush heads. very convenient.

The Cadillac of Toothbrushes

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus Toothbrush:

I thought these fancy electric toothbrushes were a bunch of hype until my dentist insisted I get one for the sake of my gums, and I'm sold on this little gadget. It cleans far more gently and thoroughly than a manual or cheaper electric toothbrush. Some of the settings are a little over-the-top and unnecessary, but I like the timers, which help me clean each section of my mouth long enough. My mouth is clean without hard brushing and my gums are grateful!

Performance/Cleaning
Very gentle and very good at cleaning

Its very durable so far!

The Sonicare Gets My Teeth Really Clean

from Beaverton, OR

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus Toothbrush:

I have always liked using a manual toothbrush, as I feel like I am able to make sure my teeth get really clean. However, I gave the Phillips Sonicare toothbrush a try, and I am amazed at the difference I experienced almost immediately. I like that it also massages my gums, as my dentist told me that is really important. I also like that you can feel the toothbrush doing the work, scrubbing your teeth clean.

It was a little hard to get used to at first because it is such an unusual feeling and almost tickles your gums. After a while you get used to it, though, and it becomes natural. It is really important to do the entire two minutes that the timer is for, otherwise I think it is really easy to miss certain spots and then you can end up with cavities.

It is a little expensive, and the replacement heads seem overpriced. However, the health of my teeth is definitely worth it, and avoiding dental bills makes it seem less expensive!

Sonic Electric Toothbrush is Fabulous

from Woodinville, WA

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus Toothbrush:

My dentist recommended the Sonic Electric toothbrush. I have gum recession and it helps greatly. I have the habit of brushing too hard and the toothbrush delays if you brush in one area to long.

Whiter, Healthier Teeth in 2 weeks.

from Bentonville, AR

Comments about Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus Toothbrush:

I had been having trouble with my teeth and gums and was using a battery operated toothbrush.  My dentist suggested I invest in a Sonicare toothbrush.  That is an investment because they are quite pricey considering you receive a free toothbrush every six months from the dentist when you have your teeth cleaned.  Since using this Sonicare toothbrush my gums and teeth have improved unbelievably.

The Model 710  has 2 modes, clean and clean and white.  The toothbrush has a timer on it and so therefore you brush your teeth longer than you do with a manual toothbrush.  They say you will get your teeth two shades whiter in two weeks.  I don't know if they are two shades whiter but mine are whiter than when I started.

The features on this toothbrush are clean and white in 2 weeks, ProResults brush head which probies better plaque removal, Smartimer for brushing for 2 minutes, Quadpacer that lets you know when to change quadrants in your mouth and a travel charger.

Sonicare will give you a full refund if you are not satisfied and no questions asked.  Believe me you will be satisfied and will not file for this.