Other Electric Toothbrushes:

Pros

Cons

Amazing Toothbrush

from Waddell, AZ

Pros

• Cleans Hard To Reach Spots
  • Clean Teeth
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle On Gums

Cons

• Daily Use

Comments about Philips Sonicare Essence HX5610/30 5600 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush:

I love this toothbrush! I have been using an electric toothbrush for many years, but until i bought this brush a few months ago, i was using the kind that would spin instead of vibrate. I cant believe the difference in how clean my teeth look and feel since starting to use this toothbrush. I was having some problems with my gums around my wisdom teeth, but since using this brush i havent had any more problems. I went out and bought one for each of my family members it was THAT good!

Dentist visits are becoming enjoyable now.

from Griffin, GA

I'm 63 and maintaining healthy gums and teeth are so important. I have always gotten my teeth cleaned on a regular basis, but last year I switched dentist's and my new dentist gave me some bad news. He told me I was beginning to develop some gum disease. He recommended that I come in and do what is known as a Deep Cleaning, where they go below the gum line to clean your teeth. My dentist also told me to start using an electric toothbrush, not a manual one. So I purchase the Philips Sonicare Essence. The first time I used it I was surprised at the level of vibrations I felt, but my teeth felt so much cleaner than when I used a regular toothbrush. It's been a year now and I really enjoy going to the dentist now and hearing them say that everything looks good and that my gums are healthy and pink and my teeth are clean. Its fun to hear the dental hygienist tell me that there is nothing to clean off my teeth, so she just polishes them now. For Christmas, I purchase 2 Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrushes for both my adult sons, so they can get head start on keeping their teeth cleaner and gums healthier. The replacement heads are easy to change and very affordable. I highly recommend the Philips Sonicare Essence Toothbrush.

Performance/Cleaning
    Really cleans your teeth, its a clean that you can feel.

I have never had any problems with my Philips Sonicare, you do have to replace the toothbrush head when the brush wears down, but it is easy to change.

Bulky but Great

from Dallas, TX

After a not-so-great visit to my dentist, she recommended that I invest in the Philips Sonicare Essence HX5610/305600 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush. I have never regretted that decision. I thought I was doing good with a pre-brush rinse, flossing, brushing with a soft toothbrush and following up with a fluoride rinse. The Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush literally changed my life.
    After just one use, my teeth felt immeasurably cleaner. After a few weeks, my gums stopped bleeding when I flossed. My next dentist visit was much more pleasant.
    I love that I can recharge the toothbrush. I don't store it on the charger in order to save electricity. It can go about 2 weeks with a full charge.
    The handle is a bit bulky, and I'd appreciate a more ergonomic design, but other than that, no complaints.
    I'm kind of addicted to my Philips Sonicare. I take it even when I travel. My teeth just don't feel right with a regular toothbrush anymore. This is my new normal.

Great Brush

For me, going to the dentist ranks right up there with being hit in the face with a shovel. Needless to say, I will do anything to make sure I don't hear the word "cavity" from my dentist. I have tried several different electric toothbrushes over the years, but never got very attached to any of them. My dentist gave me a Philips Sonicare about a year ago and I love it! My teeth feel straight from the dentist clean every day. There is a timer feature that is a great reminder to switch sides, or tell you when you're done. A single charge lasts several days and you even get a carry case so you can take it with you when away from home. All for such a small price!

Performance/Cleaning
    Twice a day with my Sonicare and I am virtually plaque free. My gums had begun receding and were inflamed in areas. After just a couple of months with the Sonicare, my gums are healing themselves. The inflammation is gone since the brush gets under the gum line, leaving nothing to irritate the gums. The areas that were receded are improving as well.

Sonicare gets the Ironman award, in this house. Ours have been dropped on the floor and in the sinks more times than I can count. So far, so good. They may look a little worse for the wear, but they still work like new.

Works great and durable

I think it works great at cleaning your teeth. The 2 minute timer makes sure you brush your teeth for the right amount of time. The toothbrush charges quickly. Also, holds a charge for several days. I was able to take mine on a weekend camping trip with out the base and still brush my teeth. It appears to be very durable. Mine is several years old. The one negative drawback is the replacement heads are quite pricy. By allowing the toothbrush to do all of the work you do not wear down the enamel on your teeth as fast.

Performance/Cleaning
    I think it does a great job at cleaning your teeth. The small brush head reaches the back of your teeth easily. It comes with great instructions telling you how to make the most of your brushing. The vibration of the brush heads do a great job of cleaning your teeth. The brush heads hold up very well.

I have had my electric toothbrush for several years. The base still has a lot of power. I bought a second one because it was cheaper to buy a whole unit than the individual replacement heads

My Teeth have Never felt better

My Dentist has been telling me to get one of these for years, but I have never felt it was worth the high price tag. This year my husbands parents bought a set for each of the kids for Christmas, and I can't believe I have been living this long without it. My teeth feel cleaner than they have ever felt with a manual tooth brush, and I am very particular about cleaning my teeth. I have one spot in my mouth where I have some gum damage, and my dentist has been very admit about gentle, through cleaning, and I have never felt like it was getting clean until now, the truth of how good this product is, is how your teeth feel after you are finished using it.

Performance/Cleaning
    Fabulous. My teeth including the hard to clean spot next to my gums have never felt cleaner.

It is hard to say since I have only had it about a month, but I can say I have not charged the battery again since the initial 24 hour charge. I am pleased with how long it lasts.

• Performance/Cleaning:

My teeth have never been so clean!

I love my Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush! It's the first electric toothbrush I've had and I am glad I made the switch! My teeth feel awesome after every time I brush.
    The electric toothbrush has an easy on/off button, built in 2 minute timer (the beeps at you every 30 seconds so you can brush evenly), and is rechargeable, but the battery lasts for at least a week without it having to be recharged. It also came with a carrying case that makes it easy to pack and travel with. The heads need to be replaced about every 3 months, which is normal for a toothbrush.
    Definitely a great buy and worth the money!

Performance/Cleaning
    My teeth have never felt so clean. I spent the night somewhere and forgot to pack my electric toothbrush and had to use the 'old-fashioned' kind and it weird, my teeth didn't get as clean, and 2 minutes is a long time when brushing manually.

The toothbrush is very durable. I have not had any problems with it (I haven't dropped it either though).

• Performance/Cleaning:

Love this toothbrush and so does my dentist!

This is an amazing toothbrush. I have been using it for over two years and I love it. My dentist recommended it and I actually purchased mine right in the office. I have found that I get the same feel after brushing with this toothbrush as I do when I leave the dental hygienist!

Performance/Cleaning
    This toothbrush's performance is flawless. It cleans your gums and teach to perfection. If you want to freshen between brushes it has a special setting and you can quickly do this. I love the battery in it too. It stays charged for weeks if not months. You can take it with you on your business trips and never have to worry about it losing its charge. The dental hygienist has made many comments on how I do not have plaque build up and I attribute it to the performance and cleaning ability of this toothbrush.

It just lasts and lasts. You are supposed to change the heads from time to time and I have found the brushes last longer than the recommended time. It's easy to clean, it travels well and I have never had an issue with it. It is very durable.

PHILLIPS SONICARE Electric Toothbrush for a Clean & Fresh Mouth

I've been using my Phillips Sonicare electric toothbrush for about three years now, and can't imagine ever going back to a manual toothbrush. I purchased it at the advise of my dentist; although I was a little hesitant. I couldn't imagine that it would provide any better results than a good manual toothbrush. The first time I used it, I was amazed at how much cleaner my whole mouth felt! It is so easy to use & gets to all those hard-to-reach areas. It even lets you know when to move on to the next area needing brushing! I love that it holds the charge - sometimes for up to a week. Knowing that, I can take it on vacation with me without having to drag along the charger. I change the brush heads approximately every 4 months, although I believe it's recommended to change them every 6 months. I just love the feeling when using a new brush. I would recommend the Phillips Sonicare to anyone who likes a cleaner & fresher mouth, without spending a fortune.

My daily workhorse

I have been using this brand of toothbrush for years. They last so darned long that I didn't need to replace it until two years ago. I originally started using it on the recommendation of my dentist. What a great investment in my health. My teeth feel clean and I love the timer that insures I spend enough time brushing. My husband also uses this toothbrush. I wish the refills were a little more affordable, but I look for coupons to help keep that expense down. I also wish the refills weren't so difficult to open the packaging. That sealed plastic is a big pain in the you know what! The handle is very easy to clean. Here's a tip: Use a little vinegar and water and a manual toothbrush to clean the hard to get areas. Not only does it look nice and bright, it disinfects as well. I have recommended this toothbrush to friends and family members and they have all been pleased with the results. When I started there weren't many competitors. Now there are lots, but I stick with my Philips Sonicare. I haven't tried the newer models, because the Essence has always worked just fine for me. Kudos to a great product!