Other Electric Toothbrushes:

Philips Sonicare Elite Toothbrush

Pros

Cons

• Performance/Cleaning:

Healthy Teeth, Healthy Gums and A Bright White Smile!

**Summary** The Sonicare is the perfect gift for anyone commited to dental hygiene. The Sonicare is easy to use, has a timer that lets you know when you are at 2 minutes and it makes your teeth very smooth to the touch. Brushing with an electronic tooth brush is 10x more effective than with a regular toothbrush. It is safer for your gums and the spiraling motion gets into the hard to reach places.

**Compared to the Competition**I have owned both the Sonicare and Oral B and in my opinion, both are equally as good. Sonicare typically gets higher ratings from doctors, but honestly, I can't tell the difference. (Dr's say the motion of the Sonicare is more effective than the Oral B, but I don't know that to be factual) With that being said, both are worth the investment. In my opinion, an electric tooth brush is a must have item for anyone that cares about their teeth-- and Sonicare is a very safe bet.

Good while it lasts (which isn't very long)

I enjoyed this toothbrush while it lasted but the time it lasted did not make it a practical purpose.  The design, features and positive dental health attributes led me to buy this toothbrush and when I first got it, I absolutely loved it.  My dentist even commented at a check-up on how much better my gums were (this was after after 3 months).  Around the six month mark of ownership, the toothbrush started to turn off after a few seconds (it is supposed to go for 2 straight minutes and give a warning after every 30 seconds to let you know to change quadrants in you mouth - really cool feature).  I would repress the on button and it would work fine.  A few weeks later, the warning stopped working.  A few weeks after that, I was unable to use twice a day because it just plain would not work for two full minutes due to low battery.  Fianlly, it started acting funny unless I held my head really high or very low which I attribute to the base needing to be held in a certain direction.  All in all, gave up on it and tossed it.

Works well, but difficult to clean

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite Toothbrush:

I have owned the Philips Sonicare Elite 7300 Electronic Toothbrush for several years now. It took me awhile to get used to the vibration--for the first week or two, the vibrations really tickled my teeth and made my nose itch, but I got used to it eventually. The toothbrush conveniently has a button (the small gray one) that switches the toothbrush from a higher power/intensity to a lower power, so if the intensity of the toothbrush is too strong for you, you can turn it down. This is especially helpful while acclimating to the change from a manual toothbrush to an electronic one. I don't use the lower power at all anymore. The toothbrush has a column of green lights that indicate how charged it is. While charging, the lights blink up and down. The battery has a long life, but now that I've used it for several years, it doesn't last more than a couple days between charges so if I go on vacation I have to bring the charger. Also, crud accumulates in the well underneath the replaceable brush head, and it is difficult to clean it out.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Sonicare is high quality, dependable, and fun to use

from Augusta, GA

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite Toothbrush:

Most of my life I have used manual toothbrushes, partly out of habit and also because it has been challenging for me to find an electric toothbrush that I really like. Sonicare for over 5 years now has proven to be able to put a product out there that I do love to use. This one is affordable, very high quality and dependable. It is fun to use in fact. I love how it holds a charge, it really helps me to brush those hard-to-reach places too. Sonicare is awesome in so many ways, another one of which is that I can simply change out the brush head whenever I want to make sure that I have that fresh, clean feeling mouth again. If you wonder why I can't keep this smile off my face, Sonicare is why!!!

• Performance/Cleaning:

The best toothbrush I've ever owned!

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite Toothbrush:

This is the first, and only SoniCare toothbrush that I've ever owned, and I absolutely love it! It was purchased for me as a gift a few years back, and it does a thorough job, even when I'm pressed for time in the morning. Replacement heads are relatively inexpensive for the amount of time they last, and it holds its charge for a long time. I really can't say enough about it!

• Performance/Cleaning:

Keep teeth sparkling between dentist visits! Awesome toothbrush!

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite Toothbrush:

Perfect toothbrush for the price (compared to others on the market) for keeping teeth sparkling clean between dentist visits. I am so amazed at this toothbrush. I bought four for Christmas gifts this year and everyone was delighted with the gift of clean teeth.

Performance/Cleaning
Some electric toothbrushes scrubbed too hard and hurt my gums. This Phillips toothbrush is the best! My teeth have never felt cleaner. This toothbrush is gentle and scrubs just the necessary amount. The first time I visited the dentist after I bought this toothbrush, the dentist complimented me on my dental hygiene and told me to "keep doing whatever I have been doing because it has cleared up the possible gingivitis!" I was ecstatic and plan to keep up the brushing with this awesome product.

I have owned this toothbrush for a year and it has been dropped a few times and has stayed tough. It works wonderfully and is easy to clean by just putting the brush part in mouthwash for an hour.

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite Toothbrush:

I have receding gums as a result of having brushed my teeth incorrectly for years. When I was younger I assumed you had to brush hard with strong bristles to get your teeth clean. I switched to a new dentist, and he recommended the Sonicare toothbrush. It has been a lifesaver. The vibrating brush takes cleans my teeth without me having to worry about whether I am brushing them too hard. It also has a two minute timer so I know how long to brush. My teeth feel much cleaner and my gums are in better shape since I started using the Sonicare brush. It is much more expensive than a regular brush, but if you shop around on-line you can find one cheaper even on ebay. I originally bought the one that pugs in and charges, but switched to the Sonicare that is battery operated because I found it easier to use. My only qualm with is that I have to replace the batteries relatively frequently. I would also recommend keeping the area where the brush head connects to handle dry and clean so that it doesn't collect gook., and doesn't crack.

Performance/Cleaning
I will never go back to a regular brush.

The brush heads need to be replaced every 3 months, and I have had to replace the first Sonicare I bought after a few years of use because it cracked.

Worth the money!

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite Toothbrush:

This toothbrush is great. The price may scare off some people, but it is definitely worth the money. I use mine every day, and when I go to the dentist they rarely see any plaque. Also, it is really easy to use, and the charge lasts a long time, and gives you plenty of warning when charge is needed. Also, the charger is very convenient, and small enough to store, or use for travel.

Absolutely Amazing

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite Toothbrush:

This toothbrush is the best toothbrush that I have ever owned. It cleaned my teeth far better than any other toothbrush and my teeth look whiter.

Performance/Cleaning
After the dentist feel. So much cleaner than a manual or any other band electric toothbrush that I have used so far.

Mine ended up breaking after 3 years of use :/

Extreme Clean

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite Toothbrush:

This electronic toothbrush is far far better than using a manual toothbrush. With this electronic brush it leaves your teeth feeling completely smooth and plaque free, like you just came home from the dentist. This is a must have in my opinion and i will never go back to using a regular toothbrush.

Performance/Cleaning
The best part about this toothbrush is how amazingly clean your teeth are after using it. Huge difference between regular toothbrush and this Phillips Sonicare toothbrush as i already described in the overall review section above. Bottom line is: this toothbrush with leave your teeth as clean as they would be if you went to the dentist everyday... well at least very close...

I did have to buy a second one after my original brush just stopped vibrating. It lasted a little over two years which isnt terrible but i would expect these electronic thoothbrushes to last forever (apart from the actual brush head getting worn down) so i was a bit dissapointed that my brush battery died out of the blue. My new one is about two years old now as well and it is still running strong so i guess that first battery dying was just a fluke. You do need to maintain the actual brush head by replacing them every 2 or 3 months, but its not too expensive and if you really wanted to save money each brush head could last up to six months without being completely worn down. The bristles are made very high quality.

Great toothbrush!

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite Toothbrush:

I love my Philips Sonicare Elite toothbrush! I asked for an electric toothbrush for christmas a few years ago and was delighted when I received this one! It does a fantastic job on my teeth! They feel so clean and fresh after I use it.

Performance/Cleaning
The two minute timer is a great feature of the Sonicare elite series toothbrush. It really feels like it gets between my teeth well and I can really feel the difference in how my teeth feel after I use my Sonicare toothbrush as opposed to a regular toothbrush. The only downfall for it for me was that the brush head being so small made me nauseous with brushing my teeth when I was pregnant, but I wouldn't hold that against the toothbrush.

I have never experienced any problems with the quality of my Sonicare elite series elecirc toothbrush. Mine has never failed me, and I have been using it for years. The brush heads are very durable as well. They are so good I have to remember to change it more often than just when it looks worn out.

Great brushing experience!

Comments about Philips Sonicare Elite Toothbrush:

I have been using this toothbrush for about a year. It's like a whole new world! Truly an excellent brushing experience! The only complaint that I have about this toothbrush is the expensive replacement heads. I've replaced them several times and plan on trying to stretch them out longer from now on.