Other Razors:

Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D

Pros

Cons

Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D Shaves Quickly and Cleanly

Shaving is part of my daily routine and as annoying and monotonous as shaving can be, it is still a task I must perform. I like to alternate back and forth between traditional hand razors and electric razors and I have a few different options available each time I shave. My latest foray into the world of electric shaving is the **Philips Norelco 1250x Senso Touch 3D**. Let’s take a look at the ability of this shaving device:

**Razor Commentary:**

** **

Philips Norelco 1250x Senso Touch 3D is a modern- shaving device that is so- named because of its ability to conform to the curves of ones’ skin, for a closer and more comfortable shave. This razor has three pivoting heads that tilt inward and outward and this helps keep the heads against the skin on a more consistent basis, for better cutting. The heads themselves include special openings designed to catch and trim hairs of different length, for a better shaving experience.

I have used the Philips Norelco 1250x Senso Touch 3D and I have found many good reasons to purchase this electric razor. First, I like the pivoting heads. This is a common feature with Norelco razors, but this particular razor takes the pivoting head concept to a new level. The heads do not just pivot- they are suspended above the handle, pertruding outward and they move in every direction for better shaving. Next, I like the pop- up trimmer because it is just right for trimming sideburns and other areas. I also like the quiet operation, attractive appearance, and quick charging capabilities of this electric razor.

All of the above points are nice, but they would mean nothing if the electric razor didn’t perform up to par. However, the Philips Norelco 1250x Senso Touch 3D does, indeed, perform the way an electric razor should. I have used many electric razors over the years (I presently own three) and with most of them, I find I need to continuously glide the heads over my skin, over and over, to get the hairs properly trimmed. I then need to reach for a hand razor for touch- ups. When you consider all of the extra steps, an electric razor doesn’t seem worth it. But the Philips Norelco 1250x Senso Touch 3D is worth the price because its performance is much better than the average electric razor. Just one stroke over my face and I can visibly see a difference. Touching the shaved area of the face reveals that the device really does shave closely. With other electric razors I can still feel stubble but the Philips Norelco 1250x Senso Touch 3D seems to grab the hairs and cut them down to size very quickly.

The Philips Norelco 1250x Senso Touch 3D can be used wet or dry. I tend to use mine dry because it saves time and effort and eliminates the need for shaving cream. Some dry- shave electric razors can cause skin irritation, but this is not a problem with the Philips Norelco 1250x Senso Touch 3D. It glides across the skin with ease, taking the hairs with it in as few strokes as possible.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

** **

Philips Norelco manufactures many different electric razors and the Philips Norelco 1250x Senso Touch 3D is one of the better ones available. I like it better than my other two electric razors and even though I still need a few small touch-ups with a hand razor after I use this electric razor, the touch- ups are minimal and barely needed. It’s a very good electric razor for men and one of the best electric razors I have ever owned.

I Am Disappointed in This Norelco Shaver

**Bottom-Line**: On balance I am very disappointed in the ***SensoTouch 3D 1250x Electric Shaver***, so much so that I think I’ll be going back to the tried and true *Advantage*** **7735X.

Over the years I have tried a number of razors—any number of traditional one-to-four blade straight (disposable) handles, as well as electric units from *Remington and Norelco*.  All of them irritate my skin to some degree and leave razor bumps (Black men are more susceptible to razor bumps than white men because of the course curly nature of our hair). Traditional razors tend to irritate my skin the most, and through experimentation over the years, I have found that *Norelco* brand razors tend to irritate my skin much less than all the others.  So, I have stuck with *Norelco* for the past fifteen years or so.

Recently, a ***SensoTouch 3D 1250x Electric Shaver***, by who else, *Norelco* fell into my hands and I put it to the test. Since I shave my head and face at least three times a week, it is important to me that any razor I use shave closely without, again, irritating my skin.  After several weeks of use I have been very disappointed in the ***SensoTouch 3D 1250x Electric Shaver*** performance; after I shave my scalp is often dry and somewhat flaky in need of lotion, but no shaving bumps so that is a great outcome.

**My Viewpoint**

Unlike the *Advantage 7735X,* which comes with 5 lotion packs by *Nivea* that  are easy to insert into the back of the razor, the ***SensoTouch 3D 1250x Electric Shaver*** does not come so equipped.  And that for me is the main disadvantage of the razor; while the *Advantage 7735X* shaves closely, without lotion, and even better with it, without some sort of moisturizer the ***SensoTouch 3D 1250x Electric Shaver*** fails to shave as closely as I’d like.

You can also use shaving cream with the ***SensoTouch 3D 1250x Electric Shaver***, but that can get a bit messy (I only tried it once)  and the shave was not much better and the reason I use an electric razor is so I do not have to use shaving gel!

I like the design of the unit, it is cutting edge and stylish.  The razor fits easily into the hand and while running the ***SensoTouch 3D 1250x Electric Shaver*** is quieter than the unit it replaces.  The small collapsible trimmer in the back of the unit works well.

The ***SensoTouch 3D 1250x Electric Shaver*** is cordless and comes with a charging stand that can automatically switch to the prevailing voltage, so traveling overseas will not be an issue.  It also comes with a carrying case large enough to hold everything that comes with the razor, including the charging base, and a small cleaning brush.

I have owned three other Norelco razors, and the only one that shaves as close as the *Advantage*** **7735X was the *Advantage 5655*.  On balance I am very disappointed in the ***SensoTouch 3D 1250x Electric Shaver***, so much so that I think I’ll be going back to the tried and true *Advantage*** **7735X, or perhaps try a new lotion pack model; the lotion packs agree with my skin.

And the really good news for my fellow razor bump suffers: I have not had a single bump since I started shaving with the ***SensoTouch 3D 1250x Electric Shaver*** that at least is plus for the razor***.***

very close shave from the 3D senso

from El Granada, CA

Comments about Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D:

I've been using an electric shave for over 30 years.  I've tried Remington, Norelco, and Braun, and for the last 20 years, have always used a Braun because the shave was the closest and never any knicks.  I have to say that the quality of the shave from this shaver is excellent.  It is as closer as any shaver I have used and closer than most.  The three pivoting heads are different from what I am used to, but they are easy to get used to and they do a great job.  The shaver feels great, it is shaped so it's easy to hold, and easy to shave your adam's apple and chin.  The only issue I have with this shaver is the cleaning instructions.  It says to clean the shaver after every use by holding the shaver under hot running water for "a few minutes" and to open the three shaver chambers and hold them under hot running water for 30 seconds.  Opening the chambers is a little difficult, so to clean the shaver after every use takes at least 3 minutes every time you use it if you follow the instructions.  With other electric shavers I have used, I clean them weekly without any problems.  But that may be a minor issue for most people.  Again, the quality of the shave is excellent and as good as any shaver I have ever used.

UPDATED 2014. This shaver totally died. It will no longer charge, operate, do anything. I checked and many people on line have complained that this unit has a design flaw that causes it to "die", the battery fails to charge, and the only thing to do is throw it away. SO I did.

A nice rotary razor

from Norwood, MA

Comments about Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D:

I have been using this razor since Christmas when I received it as a Christmas present. I have previously used a foil razor and a Remington three head AC razor.
I would have to say that a foil razor is faster than any rotary razor. I think foil also shaves closer. For me, the down side of the foil razor was when the foil wore through and you didn't realize it until it hacked up you skin.
However, it is nice having a waterproof, rechargable, high quality rotary razor. Parts need less frequent replacement.
This unit is more difficult to clean than a foil razor. It is not enough to blow out the chips. You have to periodically remove the rotary blades and brush out the housing they sit in. Washing with water does not adequately clean it out.
The unit can deliver many shaves before needing to be recharged.
It can supposedly be used wet or dry. However, I still prefer to use a pre-electric shave lotion.

Smooth shave

from Kenner, LA

Comments about Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D:

I received this razor as a gift for this past Christmas so I have had over a month to try it out. I love the the head is flexible and can contour to your face and especially your chin very well. I like that it's rechargeable and you are able to use it cordless so you can bring it where you need to as long as you have a little charge on the internal battery. I have forgotten to shave one day and noticed that I accidentally left it in my car. Great news it that I tried to turned it on and it still had a charge. I was able to finish shaving my face before I arrived to work. This is a pleasant surprise it held a charge so well and very convenient for me. I know that I can have it ready to use when I need it to be. Though I do have to remember to charge it when I am done using it. A quick 5-10 minute charge usually lasts me 2-3 shaves. The price may be a bit high for some people and the replacement head blades as well, but for me and the many of uses I got and will keep getting out of it, I feel it is well worth the cost.

Smoothest Electric razor I have ever tried!

from Loudon, NH

Comments about Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D:

I have tried many electric razors and this is the smoothest I have ever used. Easy to clean. Replacement heads are on the pricey side. Never experienced any pulling or any cuts. I like the fact you can use with a shaving cream. I have very sensitive skin and I did not experience any irritation with I used it dry or wet. I would highly recommend this razor.

The Norelco Senso Touch 3D is the last razor you will buy!

from Draper, UT

Comments about Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D:

I usually shave two to three times a week in order to stay clean cut for my job as a white collar professional.  I have tried several electric razors before but I am always disappointed in their performance at reaching the small hairs under my nose and the flat hairs along my neck.   Therefore, I have been hesitant to invest in a good electric razor.  Instead, I just shaved the old-fashioned way with a disposable razor and shaving cream which often resulted in nicks and skin irritation.  Well I have now found a better alternative to this old-fashioned way of shaving -  the Phillips Norelco Senso Touch 3D electric razor.   The Norelco Senso Touch 3D is by far the best electric razor I have ever used.  Specifically, the Norelco Senso Touch 3D shaves closely and reaches those tiny hairs under my nose and the flat hairs along my neck.  I get a consistent clean shave all over using this razor.   I also like that the Norelco Senso Touch 3D razor allows for wet and dry shaving.  The razor is completely water proof.  I also like the flexible heads on this razor.  As I shave, these heads hug the contours of my face.   Finally, I appreciate how easy the Norelco Senso Touch 3D razor is to clean.  As I mentioned before, the razor is fully waterproof so cleaning the razor is simple.  The Norelco Senso Touch 3D has replaced my old-fashioned shaving method and now my skin is left clean shaven without nicks or irritation.  I have recommended the Norelco Senso Touch 3D razor to all of my friends and family.  This is the finest razor they will ever use.

The Philips Norelco Nightmare Shaver

from East Dubuque, IL

Comments about Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D:

Boy was I excited when I was able to get a Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D for my husband! Unfortunately, the excitement quickly abated.

The SensoTouch 3D looks like a honey of a razor straight out of the box. It is sleek, it features those 3 ultra-spiffy floating heading and the handle lights up like none other when you first plug it in to charge.

It is when you take it out of the charge and apply it your face for the first time that the trouble starts. My husband was never able to get a close shave with this razor. When I ran my hand both with and against his facial hair growth immediately after shaving, stubble was always present. No matter how light or hard he pressed (within reason) the razor to his face, the quality of shave did not improve. Following the instruction guide for how to shave with the razor does not make a difference either.

His face ended up red, irritated and still in need of a good shave everytime this razor was used, either wet or dry. Instant return.

Philips Norelco Senso Touch 3D

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D:

I like the warm feel you get when shaving with it and for the most part it does a great job,clean up is easy and not messy at all.I have just one thing it doesn't get for me is just under my chin,it takes a couple of passes to get all of the hair.Overall a great product I enjoy using.

Phillips Norelco SensoTouch 3D Razor is well worth the money exc

from Placitas, NM

Comments about Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D:

This razor was product tested by both my husband and I so I'm going to be giving you feed back from both of us. For the ladies out there this works nicely on legs. The charge lasts a long time. My husbands complaint is that the trimmer is to short to see what your doing. The head of the razor blocks view so that you cant see where exactly you are trimming. Otherwise works great and very easy to clean. If the the trimmer were longer I would have given it 5 STARS.. One other thing I really liked was the fact that it doesn't take up too much counter space and when traveling is locks so that it doesn't accidently turn on. I would reccommend this for anyone. Very nice item and great quality.

Norelco SensoTouch 3D Rocks!!

from Rogers, AR

Comments about Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D:

This is an amazing product that I now use daily. No cuts, no burns, no painful shaves. Great for getting rid of that five o'clock shadow when you are in a hurry. Safe, reliable, and best of all, chargeable. No batteries required as this is a plug in razor. Easy to clean with a brush, quiet sound, and super simple to handle. Attention all rugged men, throw away your old disposable razors. Phillips Norelco 3D SensoTouch 3D is the new 2011. Ladies, you will love your men super smooth and you won't be able to keep your hands off of him. I would recommend this to everyone giving the product a five out of five stars.

The SensoTouch 3D is one close shave!

from Grandville, MI

Comments about Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D:

Ok, this review is a little different than most of the others I have written, since on this one my opinion is actually secondary. My husband is the primary reviewer - since he is the user! - and he was more than happy to tell me his opinions on the Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D.

First off, I have to say, I got this razor as a sample through Viewpoints, and boy were we super excited to give it a try! Even though it was a sample, my review is honest and is in no way influenced by that fact.

That said, this razor got a 2 thumbs up from my husband. When I gave it to him, he was excited to give it a try, and I was excited to see the results. See, I like to have him shave every day. I am not a fan of the rough, scratchy, stubble that tends to accumulate on his face after a day of no shaving. On the other hand, he is not a fan of the time it takes to shave, since he usually has "more important" things to do.

So, after a couple days of use, I asked him what he thought. He was still really impressed and said it is the best razor he has ever had. It shaves really well and runs super quiet. It is easy to use and he gets a quick, close shave every time.

My husband's old electric razor was a Norelco as well, and he said this one works MUCH better. He can get a shave that is just as close as a blade! It takes less time than any other electric he has used, and about the same time as using a blade.

Now, the box says that this electric razor can be used wet or dry, but my husband has only used it dry so far. Which to me is a plus, since there is no shaving cream or water to clean up afterwards.

For my opinion, I am a fan of this razor, hands down. First off, feeling his face after shaving - super soft and no hint of and stubble remnants. Also, any razor that gets my husband excited to use it - I'm all for it!

It takes about 60 minutes for a full charge that will give 50 minutes of shaving, but it also has a 3-minute quick-charge that will get you going at any time. It also has a precision trimmer that retracts into the razor to get those sideburns, or to trim around moustaches or goatees, etc.

This is one razor that has been living on the bathroom counter and I don't think it will see the bottom of a drawer for some time. And I don't think it will ever be relegated to the back of the drawer, this one is a keeper!!!