4.1
Other Baby Bottles:
Plastic Baby Bottles
Philips Avent
Models:
SCF680/17, SCF680/27, SCF680/37, SCF680/47, SCF680/57, SCF683/17, SCF683/27, SCF683/37, SCF683/47, SCF683/57
Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles

Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles

4.1

• Keeps Air Out:

Easy to clean, easy to store, and compatible with the Isis.

I breastfed my daughter exclusively, but that doesn't mean I wanted to be her sole delivery system. Occasionally, it was nice to watch my baby eat from across the room. The only bottles we ever used were by Avent, and chose them simply because they were compatible with my breastpump and everything else in the Avent system.

Avent's literature says the nipple is shaped in such a way to make feeding more like breastfeeding. I couldn't tell you for sure. My daughter took to them easily, but I have a feeling she would have taken a sports bottle if it were full of breast milk. No matter how greedily she gobbled them down, she did not suffer any digestion problems when drinking from them that she didn't normally have. I found the bottles very easy to clean because there were only three pieces. I particularly liked being able to attach them to my breastpump and fill them directly for a sitter or grandparent.

The only problem with them is that the screw-on tops have to be threaded perfectly, or else milk will leak. It is unbearable to pump milk and then watch it leak, not to mention they way it stains, so consider yourself warned. Be careful to place the top just right before you throw it into your purse.

They Leak

These bottles leak. They leaked 2 years ago when I had my daughter and I tried them again with my newborn son and they still leak. The wide mouth is great and they are easy to clean, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the bottle leaks. I also use the dishwasher (top rack with basket) for cleaning bottles and the more you wash these the more likley they are to leak. And its not just a little, when these bottles leak they LEAK!

Best Bottle

from Chicago

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Convenient
  • Durable
  • Easy to use
  • Seals Well
  • Washes Easily

• Feeding
    • Milk Storage

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles:

I have four children when my now 11 year old daughter was a baby she was colic. We switched her bottle so many times before her Doc recommended Avent Bottles. Well 11 years later I've used Avent for all children including my now five month old. The only negative thing I have to say you have to stay on top of cleaning the nipples. Sometimes a bottle may get forgotten about and may not under the bed a few days (terrible I know, but it's life) the nipples turns yellow...

Amazing

from Los Angeles, CA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children, Stay at Home Parent

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles:

It's amazing durable and easy to clean. There heavy duty the perfect milk flow. My baby refuses to take any other bottles but the philips avent BPA free bottles where her favorite. I do highly recommend ithem there amazing you won't be disappointed.

• Was this a gift?:

Both my boys loved them

from Cherry Valley, ca

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles:

My boys loves these. They're super easy to clean and even wth the numerous pieces, everything always stayed in place. We never had any issues with leaks.

Was descent bottle

from Hartland mi

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Safe For Baby

• Crawlers
      • Infants
      • Meals

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles:

My son hardly took a bottle for the most part. He sometimes would drink from this one.

great for breastfed babies

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles:

only bottle my breastfed baby would take. Philips also gives you a free bottle coupon if you go to their website and apply for one.

Child's Comfort
      my child seemed to be comfortable with this bottle since it was the only bottle she would take.

Leak Prevention
      If you do not have the seal in the bottle there will be milk everywhere. Sometimes it is easy to lose the seal, otherwise there are no leaks and once you figure out the specific way to put the bottle together you won't have issues. Dads or others who don't feed baby often seem to struggle when asked to feed baby. It can be confusing to put the bottle together if unfamiliar.

There seem to be many parts to clean when cleaning. There is a ring that goes between the nipple and seal to prevent it from leaking. If you forget that or put it in wrong there is milk everywhere.

Keeps Air Out
      Excellent at keeping air out and baby comfortable.

Very strong materiel which are comfortable to handle and continue to use with multiple babies.

A good baby bottle!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles:

I received these Avent Baby Bottles when one of my kids was a baby as a shower gift. I really liked them a lot. They are a pretty basic bottle. There's nothing really fancy about them, but they do work. I was looking for a bottle that would be easy for my baby to drink from and that wouldn't come out so fast that it was causing bubbles in their stomach. This one seemed to work well. I really like that it was BPA free. That was important to me. It also did a pretty good job of not leaking. It is very easy to clean and I liked the size of the bottle. I would buy these again if I had another baby. They were a pretty sturdy, strong and good bottle. I also like that it curves in a little in the middle. Give it a try!

Child's Comfort
      It was an easy bottle for my child to hold on to and seemed comfortable to drink from.

Leak Prevention
      It is pretty good with not leaking. From time to time you might get something if you don't screw it on right, but for the most part it's good.

For a baby bottle it was easy to clean. The bottle was a little wider so bottle brushes work very easily inside of it.

Keeps Air Out
      It seemed to do a good job of keeping air out.

These lasted a long time and worked well. They are pretty sturdy. They didn't break or chip the many times they were dropped.

Great bottle!

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles:

I use these bottles for my niece, who is almost 6 months old. We've been using this brand since she was only a few weeks, and we love them.

Child's Comfort
      These bottles are a good size and seem to be great for my niece.

Leak Prevention
      I've never had one of these bottles leak, and the nipples are a good size. No problem with too much coming out.

These bottles are very easy to clean, and they dry easily as well. I wash them with regular dish soap and then put them on a peg to dry. There aren't a lot of grooves or anything like that which would make them hard to clean.

Keeps Air Out
      These bottles do pretty well at keeping air out, but they could be a little better.

I actually got these bottles as hand-me-downs from a friend whose child had outgrown them so that I could have them for my niece. This makes it a lot easier for my sister to bring her over without having to pack up so much stuff. They are still in great shape, even after being used by another child for several months, so I'd say they are very durable.

Not for us

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles:

I think I had tried every bottle on the market when my daughter was born, nothing seemed to work. I bought these bottles after the pediatrician recommended this brand. She told me to keep trying and not give up if she wouldn't take it once. If she was hungry enough, she would eat. Well, my daughter was not that child, she was hungry, but would not take this bottle. I think the nipple area was too big for her and she could not latch on correctly.
      I wasn't too impressed with the bottle myself, it was too fat and not easy to hold. I was concerned that my daughter would not be able to eventually hold her bottle when she was able since it was larger than her little hands.
      I have no real complaints about the bottle itself, I am sure it works very well for others, but just didn't work well with my daughter.

Child's Comfort
      I think these bottles are just too big. They are very wide.

Leak Prevention
      I did not have any problems with this bottle leaking at all.

This bottle was very easy to clean.

• Keeps Air Out:

Avent Baby Bottles are the best!

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles:

My baby loves these bottles and is very comfortable with them. My child preferred them over any other bottle brand such as Gerber, Similac, and Nuby. A good thing about Avent bottles is that they are BPA free. I like that you can choose from, clear, pink, or blue. You can buy Avent bottles in the newborn size and larger sizes. You can purchase a single bottle, multi-pack or a gift set. These bottles are easy to clean. Also, they prevent air from escaping. You can get different nipple sizes as your child needs them. These bottles are very durable and last a very long time. The only thing I did not like about these bottles is that you have to remember to put the adapter inside the bottle. If you do not remember to put the adapter in the bottle, the bottle will leak! Avent bottles may be expensive, but they are great quality and well worth the money spent. Overall, I would recommend Avent bottles.

Nice bottles!

from Shelton, CT

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Polypropylene Baby Bottles:

I think these baby bottles are great. I like that they are wider and not tall. They do not leak and I found them to be very easy to take a part for cleaning. What I liked about these bottles is that they are BPA free which is so important as a new mom. I went from nursing to using these bottles and my baby had no trouble going to these bottles, this was very important to me. One of the best features of these bottles is they do not leak! If you put all the pieces on correctly there will be no mess! This was very important to me as a parent you are already a mess so it helps that the bottle isn't making a mess on top of everything else! My baby was not very gassy so it is hard for me to tell if these bottles helped or did not help but overall my baby did not have gas. I would suggest checking out bottles if your baby is gassy as I am not sure this is the best bottle to prevent gas bubbles. Overall, I really do like these bottles.