Other Baby Bottles:

Philips Avent BPA-Free Infant Starter Set

Pros

Cons

• Keeps Air Out:

Used for well over a year, few complaints

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Infant Starter Set:

I used these bottles starting at about the three month mark for my infant son, who was born 8 weeks early. Since he spent 5 weeks in a NICU over an hour from my home, he was receiving expressed milk in a bottle from very early on once he graduated from the feeding tube. We purchased the starter set of Avent bottles before he was released from the hospital. As soon as he started taking more than two ounces at a feeding we started using the 4 ounce bottles. They are easy to clean and have held up well. My only complaint with the tops is that the numbers that are used to identify the flow rating can be difficult to see unless you have good eyes (not a problem for me personally, but our nanny had some difficulty with it). Also, if you forget to use the adapter ring when putting the top on the bottle, you will easily lose half of the liquid in a massive leak. It happened a few times in our sleep-deprived state and is never fun (it's a surprise to the baby and makes a huge mess... our sofa may never be the same). We used these bottles (and actually still use) for over 2.5 years, now with a handle and sippy cup top and would buy them again.

Very convenient

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Infant Starter Set:

Since I was planning to strictly breast feed my baby the first year of him life. I didn't get a good idea of which bottles I should get him since I wasn't planning on using them.
So I bought the Avent start kit, which was suppose to have everything I needed, and it totally did.

The kit came with two small bottles, two big ones, caps, a pacifier, a bottle brush, formula dispenser, lids and replacement nipple.

The pacifier was my favorite, it was a clear pacifier and my son loved it. My favorite part about it was that it had a cap, which kept it always clean.

The bottle brush cleaned the bottles really good, especially the nipples, which are usually the hard part to clean.
The formula dispenser was very very convenient, especially when you're on the go. I loved it. You can put formula in it for up to three separate bottles.

I will be using this kit for my next baby. And I definitely recommend it for friends and family.

Great set

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Infant Starter Set:

We registered for this starter set of bottles by Avent, and we loved them from the start. We actually started out with Dr. Brown's bottles, but quickly moved on to these when Dr. Brown's started to leak consistently. I love the variety of sizes of bottles that comes in this pack, along with the bottle cleaning brush and formula container. The extra items are both things that the new mom doesn't necessarily think to buy or register for the first time around. I like that Avent was thinking about the consumer and what a new mommy or daddy needs.

Child's Comfort
The nipples are very soft, and the bottle allows for minimal air bubbles escaping to baby's tummy.

Leak Prevention
I love that in the three years that I've been using Avent bottles, I've only gotten a handful of leaks. You can't say that for every other brand out there.

With only four parts per bottle, it is pretty easy. They are all sized well and aren't too hard to clean.

Keeps Air Out
I've never had an issue with gas with these bottles, or excessive burping for that matter.

Some of these bottles have lasted me years! Even through all of the cleaning and sanitizing.

• Keeps Air Out:

great bottles for breastfeeding infants

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Infant Starter Set:

When I had my second child and was going back and forth between pumping/bottle feeding and nursing, the Philips Avent Starter Set was just what we needed. A friend had recommended the Avent bottles and I agree with her that my infant could go easily back and forth between taking breast milk from a bottle and nursing. The nipples seem to work well for that. The bottles are also very durable. We had them in the diaper bag, the fridge, and all over and they still do not show any signs of wear and tear. The bottles were easy to clean, since they have such a wide mouth. This kit also came with a bottle brush, which worked really well and seemed to be high in quality - it didn't fall apart or anything with repeated use. I saw some reviewers comment that the nipple holes were too large, which is confusing to me since I am fairly certain you buy different sizes of nipple holes, based on your child's age. Maybe these people didn't realize that or felt that th nipples that were included with this kit weren't appopriate. They worked fine for us!

wonderful set

from Fishers, IN

Comments about Philips Avent BPA-Free Infant Starter Set:

I was given a ton of these bottles as a baby shower gift with my first child. I'd read about them plenty in magazines and other reviews were very good. Experience with them was no different. I had one baby with a list of medical issues, reflux and food allergies just to name a few, and this bottle seemed to be the only one she could take without throwing up everywhere or getting air in her stomach. They do well in microwave, dishwasher, and freezer, and are great for storing breastmilk as well. The parts are easy to clean and there are not that many of them. It seems to be closest to breastfeeding, compared to other bottles. We've tried Dr Brown's as well, which worked better with my second child than my first, not sure as to why, but Avent has been a constant in our house with both children. The bottle brush is great to use, one of the best I've had so far with three children, and the formula dispenser is great. I've used it with all 3 children and they are great to double as snack cups for the older kids too.