Other Flat Screen TVs:
Philips
19PFL3504D
Philips 19 in. LCD TV

Philips 19 in. LCD TV

Decent for the price but it makes a strange noise

Comments about Philips 19 in. LCD TV:

A decent small TV in terms of picture quality and sound. My main issue with it is turning it on. First, I get this strange humming sound from it and the screen is green. The only way it connects to the cable is if I flip through the hdmi/tv options or if I turn the tv on first-pause and then turn on the cable box. This is the only TV I've had to do that for and it's really irritating. I'm not a fan.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

This Philips flat screen tv has a good picture but tinny sound.

from Wheaton, IL

Comments about Philips 19 in. LCD TV:

This Philips 19" model flat screen tv is acceptable if you're not a die-hard tv viewer! It is easy to assemble and install, which is very important for me, because I'm uncomfortable connecting all the various parts that require input (dvd player, set-top box, etc.). The tv is light weight and relatively attractive. The picture is quite good, and the device allows you to change the picture settings to your own preference. The set I bought has a shiny black frame rather than a matte frame, which I do find somewhat distracting. I'm not sure if you have a choice on this model, but when I buy another tv, I'm going to be sure it has a matte frame.

My biggest objection to this tv is its sound quality -- tinny is the best word I can think of to describe it. It just seems to lack real depth. I sometimes have tvs going in two rooms at the same time, and there is a marked difference between the sound quality in my new Philips tv compared to my older Zenith.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Black Philips 19 inch TV

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Philips 19 in. LCD TV:

The tv screen is wide and could be fixed to width and hight. It comes with a remote and also has batteries.  The color of the screen is great.  It has side connections for for hd cable and also reverse connections.  The brightness is good along with watching a movie special effects are really noticable.

Philips has great picture quailty!

from Elmer, NJ

Comments about Philips 19 in. LCD TV:

We were given this tv last year for Christmas.  It is the tv in our bedroom. Our old tv had died and this Philips is the perfect replacement. The picture quality is awesome on this tv. Very crisp and clear. It is compact enough to fit on our corner shelf in our bedroom and the footprint is very small. Our DVD's look great on this little tv. You can adjust the picture to suit your needs. Zooming in is a great feature.  I was not sure that we would really like such a small sized screen but it is perfect for our small space and room. The picture quality is great even if you are not looking directly at it if you are looking from slightly the left or right.  The colors are true. The sound quality is very good as well.  Set up was very simple. Just a matter of hooking up the stand to the bottom of the tv and took just a couple of minutes. The hooking up the tv to cable and DVD player was a breeze as well.  If you are looking for a small tv this is a great one.

This Philips 19 in. HD TV delivers the goods picture wise.

from Landrum, SC

Comments about Philips 19 in. LCD TV:

I got this Philips 19 in. HD TV for Christmas this past year, and I wouldn't trade it in for anything becasue we have Satellite Service through Dish Network, and I've fot a Blu-Ray disc player connected to it also. It displays a great picture with a !6:9 widescreen ratio, and you can do a variety of zooming in & out to achieve the best picture for your preference. I am a little jealous of the TV in our living room because you can do a full zoom with it, where there's no bars. My one and only complaint is that when I play really any kind of discs in my Blu-Ray player, when ejecting them. Everything kind of makes a maybe second and a half long hissing sound. So, that worries me a little, but I really don't think that that is even the TVs fault..So, overall I would recommend the name brand Philips, because  to me it is a recognized brand in excellence, as they also sell a wide variety of personal care items too, such as toothbrushes, etc..., but I do get a lot of enjoyment from my TV from a trusted brand.