View more Double Strollers

Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller

Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller

Pros

• Maneuverability:

This is the Swiss Army Knife of Strollers!

As a mother of four (which include a 2 year old and a newborn), this is by far the best heavy duty stroller I've ever owned. The design is amazing. I first saw a Phil and Ted's double stroller at a children's museum and absolutely had to find out the brand, it is by far the most compact double stroller on the market. The look is sleek and so is the function, you don't feel like you need a "wide load" sign attached to it while you're running it down the sidewalk or between the aisles of a grocery store.

The manueverability is excellent, you can turn it easily with one hand if needed, which it's almost alway needed! The brakes are easy to engage and are solid, the wheels are large and can handle bumpy terrain, I especially like the option of a stationary or rotating front wheel. The frame is strong and can handle my tired six year old as easily as it can handle my two year old or newborn.

It is the Swiss Army knife of strollers. The top seat with the adapter bar can handle almost any brand of carseat. It can also flatten out fully so that you can lay a newborn down completely prone. The bottom seat doesn't have to stay on the bottom, it can be mounted with adapters above the main seating area, providing a higher perch for your toddler. This is our usual form of travel with the two year old happily up on his perch and our newborn tucked away beneath him. When your finished, it folds away easily with the push of a couple levers on either side of the frame. Watch out though, pinching a finger or two can happen easily if you're hold the frame the wrong way.

You can pay a pretty penny for these conveniences though. Everything's an extra with a Phil and Ted stroller. The second seat cost extra, the adapters cost extra, the carseat bar cost extra! There's a lot of accessories you can buy for this stroller, little bundlers for baby, a sun and bug screen (yup, bought that extra too) and it can really add up, this is not a cheap stroller to begin with. And for all the bells and whistles, there are no cup holders. I don't think of this as the stroll-through-the-mall-with-an-espresso-drink-in-the cup-holder kind of stroller. This is a work horse, it'd survive a marathon, it'll go the distance with these last two kids of ours and still have a good resale value.

Do not buy the Phil and Ted Sport

I bought the Phil and Ted sport after much research.  I was very excited about the great design and thought that the short comming of limited storage would be more than offset by the great design.  I already had a Chariot double for use at home for frequent long walks and was looking for something that I could use for my almost 3 year old and newborn out and about with the car.

From day 1, this stroller has failed to perform as I expected it too.  I was use to my Mountain Buggy Urban, which pushes like a dream, with one hand, super easy.  The phil and ted stroller, even without the doubles seat, pales in comparison, it is very hard to push with one hand, a huge problem when you need to hold a toddlers hand in the parking lot of store, push a toddler while calming an infant, or just want to finish your drink.  On that basis alone, I can't recommend it, but additionally, I have had numerous problems with the tires and tubs, resulting in frequent flats.  I am currently waiting on yet another new tire/wheel assembly from the company (these are not warrentied, and I am only getting them because I have had problems from day 1).  Meanwhile, I am afraid to go further than around the block because if the tire blows, you cannot push the stroller and must find another way home.  Overall, the quality is not as good as I would have expected.

If you are used to a graco, you might find this to be a fine stroller, but if you are accustomed to a better ride like the Mountain Buggy or bugaboo, do yourself a favor and go with the Mountain Buggy Double, Easy Walker Duo Sky, or Baby Jogger City Classic Double.  You will be much happier and not be in the land of regret.

good

from adam-mohmed

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Durable

Cons

• Not Adjustable

• Long Trips
  • Toddlers

good

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Best double stroller ever!

Comments about Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller:

Though on the pricey side a Phil and Ted stroller is well worth the investment! With 2 kids 20 months apart we looked and looked at other strollers and finally found this beauty on craigslist. It was more than worth it to buy the 2nd seat from the company. I would recommend a Phil and Ted product to anyone!

Child Comfort
The kids love this stroller! We have another "traditional" double stroller that the kids hate to sit in. When we pull out the Phil and Ted's they're always excited to ride in it.

Maneuverability
NO comparison to any other double stroller! Because the 2nd seat is behind the first it drives like a single stroller. Plus, because it's a jogging stroller you get the maneuverability of a high-quality front pivot.

The only reason for the 7 is because the tires have actual inner tubes in them that tend to go flat quite easily. However, you buy new inner tubes and well as any part of a discoed stroller on their website, which is awesome!

Great for two kids!

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller:

We like the Phil & Teds double stroller because the side-by-side doubles are so wide. Our Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller rolls and steers very well and is perfect for running. Another feature I love is that the top seat can lay all the way down for nap time. So convenient and comfortable for my baby!

• Maneuverability:

How did I ever live without this?!?!

from emmacreek, KS

Comments about Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller:

I love love love my Phil & Ted stroller. While we had need of it for our 2 kids, it was so convenient to just snap on the back seat. Getting through the mall and stores with small isles is so easy because it is absolutely fabulous to maneuver! I always see other families with cumbersome double strollers trying to get in the door of stores, when the Phil & Ted stroller just glides in easily. I love jogging with it as well, the tires are so smooth and easy to push. I have never had another stroller that turned so easily either. I just kind of flick one wrist and it turns!!! So great when your hands are full with other kids besides baby! A+++

Excellent!!!

Handle is made of thick foam that get knicked easily.

HEAVY.....

Comments about Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller:

i have 2 yrs apart boys. i can put either older one or groceries on the back.
it was just too heavy to bring when you go travel...I had problem open it up at airport by myself with 2yrs one and 9months one.

design was okay

Safety
okay

Child Comfort
especially on second seat my son didnt really like. too hard for lil kids back

front tire moves good

my tires messed up a couple of times

• Maneuverability:

you want an honest review, ask the nanny.

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller:

PROs
Traverses uneven side walk like a dream.
looks cool, I get stopped by fathers who want to know about the cool spaceship stroller.

Cons
It's heavy. With two kids it's heavier.
The smaller child goes in back and has to come out first due to the fact the stroller is unbalanced. Not a problem? What about when you get home and the 3 year old didn't fall asleep but the 6 month old did? There is no letting the baby sleep in the strolled inside. Ones out everyone is out.
Those tire that make the ride so smooth? The go flat ... often. Had I know how much the tires would need to be changed I'd have bought stock in bike tires.

Safety
Five point harness great, unbalanced carriage fail.

Child Comfort
The back seater doesn't get to see much,

Tires... tires... tires. No quick chand on seat covers.

awesome for siblings!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller:

I have owned a Phil & Ted's e3 for about 3 years now (mine is actually gray :). I bought mine used off of a friend - who owned it for about 3 years before I purchased it off of her - so this stroller has been well loved for over 6 yrs - and is still going strong. I have the doubles kit, and a side saddle bag (which I hardly ever use). I also have the infant carseat adaptor for a peg primo viaggio - and it is fabulous.

Favorite features: LOVE how smoothly it swivels. Love how I can do 2 kids at once! Like I said I have the infant car seat adaptor - and the manual says that you are not supposed to use the doubles kit (the lower seat) while using an infant car seat - but I do (I have an infant and a 3 yo) and it works fine. It is a little tight but my 3 yo wiggles in w/o a problem.

the only con I can think of is that it is bulky and takes up a lot of room in my trunk - but well worth it IMO :)

Finally found one I love!

from Hampshire, IL

Comments about Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller:

After many many strollers, I finally have settled on one I love! I started with the bulky Graco travel system when my daughter was born, then went to Peg Perego which I love. When my second child was born I had to get a double and we went with a Graco......hated it! The wheels fell off and it was bulky! When my third was on his way it was time for a new double. I found out about the Phil and Teds and went for it. I love how it can be used as a single or double. It seems to get through all terrain because of it's larger wheels. I bought some of the extras like the hanging bag that holds drinks and has a zippered compartment, as well as the hanging bag for the front passenger. I love that it is versatile and lays flat for a newborn. I get so many questions about this stroller when we are out and about. I highly recommend it. The only drawback is that it is more expensive than other strollers, but this is one that you will be able to use for a long time. It is also pretty heavy.

Absolutely love the Phil & Ted's stroller with the doubler seat

from Sherborn, MA

Comments about Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller:

My first two sons are eighteen months apart. We originally bought just the Phil & Ted's single knowing that soon we would buy the double seat for our second son. We have had it for over three years and it is holding up amazingly well. We get so many compliments and questions about it when we are out and about and I recommend it to everyone. It manuevers so easily and smoothly. It folds up very quickly and simply and it is not too heavy. I am petite and it is easy for me to lift it into the back of our SUV. It is a very durable stroller, we have taken it on many vacations and my husband has used it as a jogging stroller (as a single, not with the double seat attached). We have been so happy with this stroller. We also have the plastic wind cover and the handle bag, both of which come in handy. I especially love the handle bag so cups, small snacks, my keys and wallet. It is a helpful addition.

Phil and Ted Sport

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Phil & Teds Sport Double Stroller:

We have had the phil and ted sport stroller for a couple of years now. I love it! I love that it can be used from the time your baby is born up until they are big. Then when another baby comes along, you can add them in also. We researched long and hard before we spent the money on a stroller. I didn't want to end up with four or five strollers like a lot of people do, and I think we did pretty well. There are a couple of cons though. It is pretty pricey, the front wheel definitely shakes if you get into a fast jog or run, and it does take up a lot of space in the car. Oh and it doesn't have a cup holder. I would not recommend this stroller if you only have a sedan. It will take up the whole trunk. We had a cheap umbrella stroller for the trunk and for the airport, but otherwise we use the phil and teds stroller. It has been a great purchase and I can't wait to try it out when we have two kids. It is pricey, but I think we'd buy it again.