3.7

Cons

Upscale Shampoo

from Herndon, VA

Comments about Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Shampoo:

I got this product as a free sample at the Hilton Hotel. I'm hooked on most Peter Thomas Roth products now. Liked this Shampoo. Upscale packaging, and has a quality smell. Right away you can tell you're using and Upscale product, it does stand out as different/better than a drugstore product.
This shampoo does contain many B vitamins, and also Vitamins C and E. The B vitamins in particular are important for healthy hair growth.
This shampoo had a nice lather and was pleasant to use in the shower.
As far as results afterwards, they were pretty good for me. I have thick, blonde high-lighted hair which tends to be dry. I usually use a shampoo formulated for dry, color-treated hair, so probably would not choose this one on a regular basis. My hair looked and felt nice afterwards, but did not have "amazing" results.
My daughter (age 9) also used it. She has thick, healthy hair and had great results with this. I did notice her hair seemed extra shiny after using this product.
So, this shampoo is nice, and probably best for those without dryness problems and for those without color treated/processed hair.

Small scent, big clean

Comments about Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Shampoo:

I have trouble finding shampoos that REALLY clean my oily scalp and hair. This one does the trick! I just wish it had better and more scent. I really like that it seems that this shampoo is free of many silicones used in popular formulas, and yet my hair came out shiny and light. This worked great on my thick and wavy hair, and complimented me whether i went natural or straightened.

I think it must have fewer or no sulfates also, because there was very little lather.

I got a true clean experience when i used this with its matching conditioner. I was able to go a few days between washing without my hair starting to feel gross.

There is a mild scent to it, that isn't unpleasant. But its not really anything i like very well, i usually want to have a strong floral or citrus scent, and this was neither. Not fruit either, more like salon chemicals would be the best way i can think to describe it.

Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Shampoo: better than the conditioner

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Shampoo:

While I thought **Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Shampoo** cleaned my well, I really dislike the scent. I cannot use a product who's scent gives me a headache.

This shampoo worked great at cleaning my hair. It removed all oil and left my hair super clean. It also left my hair shinier than before. The front of the bottle says: "Mega-Rich Shampoo rich with biotin B-7 complex vitamins C E & provitamin B5 for clean shiny nourished healthy looking hair". I can't tell if this nourished my hair any because whatever benefits I might have gained from using this (besides shine), I lost with the horrible conditioner.

I really don't like the scent. It's an herbal, earthy, musky scent that gives me a headache. Regardless of how well I liked this product's cleansing abilities, I can't use it if it gives me a headache. Based on its horrible scent, I wouldn't recommend Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Shampoo unless you have a high tolerance for strong scents.