4.8
Other Health & Beauties:
Peter Glenn Ski and Sports

Summary

Since 1958, Peter Glenn has been at the forefront of a growing outdoor sports market. Today, ten Peter Glenn stores carry equipment, accessories and clothing for a wide variety of outdoor sports such as skiing, snowboarding, water skiing, wakeboarding, in-line skating and adventure travel.
As a ski school director at a local college, Ned Hamilton noticed a high demand for ski equipment that was not being met by local sporting goods dealers. Ned, as an investor in a local men’s clothing shop, stocked the basement of his store with ski clothing and equipment. As his new department flourished, Ned opened his first shop that sold ski equipment, clothing and accessories as well as men's and ladies apparel. The new store was named after Ned’s son, Peter Glenn Hamilton.
Over fifty years and ten stores later, Peter Glenn leads the market in outdoor adventure sports. By carrying the best names in clothing, equipment and accessories, Peter Glenn continues to keep itself on the cutting edge. In addition to offering an extensive selection of top-of-the-line products, Peter Glenn is staffed by highly knowledgeable sales professionals. Whether a seasoned skier or snowboarder or a novice, Peter Glenn’s sales staff will offer you the expertise and assistance you need to maximize your enjoyment of the sport.

Peter Glenn Ski and Sports

4.8

Nice Jacket not designed for real people

This jacket is actually very nice, I like it a lot. Can't say yet how warm it will really be in cold/snow, of course. It's lightweight and they claim it has some special heat property, who knows. However, one big flaw is that the arms are way too long. It is bizarre, the cuffs are about 4 inches too long and I'm of average proportions. I have never in my life bought a jacket size 12 with arm sleeves this length. Other than that, it fits well and the 12 is roomy enough for layers underneath (I'm 5.5 inches and 135 lbs). Some Q&A says the hood is not helmet compatible but it seems pretty big actually and I think it could be. Only problem is the sleeves so not sure I'm going to keep it. These ski jackets are too expensive to pay for one with such a strange defect, I think.

Credit card verification

Everything seemed fine but I got a call from a foreign call center regarding my purchase. They asked for my card info to put a small charge on it to verify. I have done this in the past but never for a relatively small purchase. I appreciate looking out for my card's security but the party asking for my card info was unable to explain why they had to do it, and had no grasp on why this was abnormal. I would not share my card info over the phone to a different country so I cancelled the order. Ordered my item for 15% less from a different vendor.

Excellent product fast shipping!!

from SLO, CA

Comments about Peter Glenn Ski and Sports:

Seller communicated about shipping address needing to change, quick and efficient communication.

Good experience

from Austin, TX

Comments about Peter Glenn Ski and Sports:

I ordered running shorts, and they shipped them the next day, and arrived here fast. I loved the free UPS shipping. The shorts are perfect!

Great product, fast shipping!

from Nebraska

Comments about Peter Glenn Ski and Sports:

Everything turned out perfect!

Size chart incorrect

from Miami

Comments about Peter Glenn Ski and Sports:

Need to update the products. Depended on size charts and incorrect. Had to return without a substitute smaller size

Great experience!

from Chantilly, VA

Comments about Peter Glenn Ski and Sports:

Ordered my son a TNF coat and beanie hat and it was delivered within 2 days! I received exactly what I ordered and very promptly. I couldn't be more happy with my experience in this site.

Outstanding customer service

from Fremont, CA

Great experience

Great variety

from Houston

Comments about Peter Glenn Ski and Sports:

Great website layout about the clothes and video

ski boot/ gear roller bag

from Midlothian VA.

Comments about Peter Glenn Ski and Sports:

After ordering this bag I found the same bag from a local cometitor's shop for 40% less. D'oh!

Great prices and selection

from Det

Comments about Peter Glenn Ski and Sports:

Loved all the spyder kid coats but prices were at 50 and then 40 percent off. I missed it within 24 hours.

Buying One for Hubby

from Honeoye Falls, NY

Comments about Peter Glenn Ski and Sports:

Hubby was jealous. Now I am buying him one too. Nice fitting. Relaxed enough for light layers underneath. Plan on using for hiking and/or x-country skiing. Great deal on discontinued colors.