Other E-commerce Websites:
Petco

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Makes shopping easy for my pets!

I really enjoy shopping online at Petco.com for my pets. I have shopped many times on their website in the past and have had no problems so far. I have a busy schedule and Petco.com really helps me in ordering all the things I need for my pets with convenience and helps me save a lot of money too. Their website offers something for all kinds of pets. Placing an order and checking out on their website is a simple and easy process. I have observed that the prices at the Petco on line store are the same as you would get in the store. However they do have clearance and sale items that are probably not available in the store. I have purchased a lot of items such as leashes, toys, collars, tags, brushes, shampoos, conditioners, flea and tick treatments and a lot of other things for my dog. The products have always arrived on time, well packaged and are of great quality. I do recommend this site for shopping for all of your pets' needs. Give it a try and you won't be disapponited.

fish are not always healthy

I have been disappointed with many things about my local Petco, from rude employees to simply not enough of them, as well as a lack of product on the shelves, and take a long time to get restocked or replaced, especially in aquatics and reptiles. I spent almost a year asking when they would get the earthworms and I was always told they were out (they said they had them inside the refrigerator) and then I completely find out they don't ever have them and had not for a bery long time!

We also purchased many fish from this particular Petco and they never seemed to last very long, and fish we obtained from other sources and retailers lasted much longer and/or are still alive.

Finally, we had a snake, which ate live feeder fish (rosy red minnows) and we got them from here weekly. We gave the snake it's weekly feeding (it was about a year old) and it doed due to being fed sick fish). I returned to find that after I had bought that feeding the fish were put under observation. So perhaps they did not find out until later that those fish were sick, but ultimately that killed our snake.

Great deals

from New York, NY

Verified Reviewer

Comments about Petco.com:

The website is set up pretty well and it is easy to navigate. Although I want to support the little guy, pet I really has some great delas. I just signed up for their rewards program. You get 5% back on everything you buy. They also seem to have lots of sales. The other day cat toys were buy 3 get one free. They send emails almost every day. Last week I had get $10 off 50 and on Friday the 13th get $13 off $63. If you think about how much food and litter are it really is worth it to spend the $50 for the discount. Also, if you refer a friend you both get some money towards a purchase. If you sign up for repeat delivery you get a discount. I also feel they carry everything I have ever wanted. I live in NYC so unfortunately the mom and pop shops are very limited in space and as a result in what they carry. Same goes for the supermarkets. Petrol seems to have everything. As far as customer service goes, I do think everyone has always been friendly.

Where The Pet Owners Go

from Saint Anne, IL

Comments about Petco.com:

I have the highest regards for Petco stores and Petco.com. I do however have a major issue with their website. Petco.com offers many sales, deals, free shipping, percentage off your purchase, a dollar amount off your purchase. Many incentives to shop their site. These fabulous deals are only available for a limited time or a weekend sale or a daily deal. Whenever these promotions are offered their site is slow to process your order. I have been at the checkout ready to confirm my purchase and the site takes forever to process. I have to call the company to settle my order. Frustrating since I want to make a purchase and move on to other things. For this reason I shop less and less at Petco.com to avoid the hassle.

The site is easy to navigate. Products are displayed in categories that are easy to find. The only issue is the processing of an order once you are checking out. This only occurs when they offer a promotion for a limited time, especially the one day deals.

Product Selection
I shop their natural and organic brands. They offer a wide variety of products at reasonable prices. I would like to see a few more natural brands added to their already great selection.

Product Pricing
Competitive pricing. When they offer free shipping it further enhances the deals they offer I also appreciate an incentive for shopping their site. You get rewarded for your purchases.

Customer Service
Each time I have contacted a representative they are professional, knowledgeable and ready to assist me with my questions and concerns.

Shipping and Returns
I have never had to return and merchandise from Petco.com. Every order I have received has been delivered in a timely manner and the packages have always arrived in excellent condition.

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Petco.com:

I really like this site as it saves me a ton of time having to drive twenty miles to the actual store. Virtually everything in the store is on the site and you get discounts and sale ads as well as promo codes for different items. Free shipping on a $49.00 or more purchase with additional 15% off. It's a really good site to use if you aren't close to a store or happen to be very busy.

It's very easy site to navigate and the checkout process is simple. You must register first.

Product Selection
Everything in the store can be ordered online and either shipped or can be picked up or retuned at the store.

Product Pricing
I think the pricing is very competitive and don't feel I'm paying more than on other pet product websites. You will certainly pay more going to to most other online pet product websites.

Customer Service
I've had nothing but good experiences with Petco.com customer service.

Shipping and Returns
It's very easy to return to the site or you may return it to the store itself.

• Shipping and Returns:

Slow processing/shipping and not a lot of updates

Comments about Petco.com:

I like the option to use pal points, etc. but of course you can't use coupons if you are applying Pals rewards (like $5 off), which makes it usually not worth it. They often have coupon codes available or free shipping over $49+ or so. Lots of options too - more brands than other pet stores, I think. The most annoying this is trying to get shipping updates. Several times I've ordered products that "ship next day" and I don't hear anything for 2+ days, then I'm told it shipped. All the order says is "Items in progress," which isn't very helpful; I wish they had some more details or stages on there. Then they send it UPS which can be kind of slow.

You have to search all over again once you add something to your cart, which is annoying if, like me, you just want three different types of cat food. The search options are NOT user friendly.

Product Pricing
Pricing is pretty good, and usually there's a discount of some kind - even if it's negligible - but you're more likely to find serious markdowns in store than online.

saves a lot of money!

Comments about Petco.com:

We live a couple of hours away from the closest petco so I have never shopped in the store however I shop online every month. The first time I shopped on petco.com I was looking for a medium dog igloo house. I found a couple local but only in large and extra large sizes. I started searching online and came across petco.com. I found the dog house that I was looking for at half the price with free shipping. When I ordered the dog house I also signed up for the rewards program. I earned $10 off my next purchase so I got back on to use up the $10. I was going to order dog food and in the process I learned about the automatic shipping. I was amazed that I could order the dog food the we normally buy and two bags of treats for $62 with free shipping and if I was to buy this at the local pet shop the dog food alone is $69 a bag and the treats are $7 a bag. I will continue to use petco.com as long as I have animals.

Product Selection
They carry everything that I have ever needed.

Product Pricing
Much cheaper than any other pet store I have found.

Customer Service
I have never had an issue.

Shipping and Returns
I have never had to return anything and shipping is very quick.

Pet Heaven

from MI

Comments about Petco.com:

Petco.com is an online superstore for finding everything your pet could ever need.

It is a very easy website to use and navigate, and every product is categorized by type of animal.

When you come to the front page, you can see categories such as: dog, cat, fish, small animal, ferret, reptile, bird, etc. Then there is a section for flea and tick prevention/control, a category all about food, and then the SALE section.

I find that the website is easy to use and find just what I need. Since we own a dog, I always head straight to the dog section and a drop down pops up showing further narrowed down categories.

The prices are usually competitive with other pet supply stores, and shipping is free on $49+. We have a PetCo nearby, so I can either shop online and find if what I need is carried then buy it at the store, or just order and have it sent straight to me.

The only slight problem with the website, is that I would say it's a bit too busy. The main page has a LOT going on, almost too much. While it is very easy to find what you need, the main page is cluttered with a lot of other links that are distracting.

Overall though, it is a fun store and you can get anything you would need and more for your pet.

• Shipping and Returns:

Everything you could need for your pets.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Petco.com:

I live in a rural area that has no real pet store, so having petco.com has been a huge relief and a real lifesaver for me to be able to find the hard to get pet items that I need to keep my pets happy. The best thing that I have found about petco.com has to be the sheer volume of items and selection of items that they have, it is really amazing. Anything and everything that you could possibly ever think of for any type of pet that you have can be found here, they have it all and it is always for a super reasonable price. The website has a great and easy to use search function which makes it fast and easy to pull up what you need, or you can also search for things by animal type. The shipping has always been really fast and the price is very reasonable too, and it is usually free shipping if I order enough items. Customer service is great and very helpful, they have an online chat from the website which is nice and makes it quick to talk to someone without having to get on the phone and wait on hold for a while. The site is very user friendly and makes finding anything that you need for your pets quick and simple.

• Shipping and Returns:

My Second in Line for Pet Products!

Comments about Petco.com:

Usually I do most of my pet shopping at PetSmart and Petsmart.com. Recently though I have noticed that Petco has been having some really good online deals and sales so I have been buying from them more often. My science diet food I purchase for my dogs goes on sale more at Petco.com and they also have great deals on other pet merchandise such as leases, clothing, and beds. The shipping is quick and easy and I will be shopping from them more often if these great deals continue!

The website is really easy to use. All of their products are categorized perfectly so you can easily find what you are looking for.

Product Selection
Petco and Petco.com offer pretty much any and everything you would need for your pet.

Product Pricing
Petco and Petco.com offer reasonably priced items and recently petco.com has been having really great sales and deals on a lot of their items.

Customer Service
I have never had to use the customer service online but their employees in store are always friendly.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is always fast and items can be returned to your local store.

• Shipping and Returns:

My go to spot for online pet shopping

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Petco.com:

Petco.com is a fantastic website. They have a huge selection of products and I usually find the prices to be at least a little better then they are in the store. Understandably, there is also a much greater selection on almost everything then youl would find in the store.

Product Selection
If it is made for your pet of any kind, they have it on this site. I was searching for some fun toys for our cat and was shocked at the amount of cat products that existed! Everything from the ordinary and useful (food, litter, beds) to dresses, hats, shoes. Your cat can live in comfort and in style thanks to Petco.

Product Pricing
The prices on the site tend to be very good. Many times they are cheaper then what the item sells for in the store. There is also a 20% off coupon when you join their mailing list and they often email coupons for anywhere from 10%-25% off of your order.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping can add up, but you are able to get free shipping quite frequently through coupons or by spending a certain amount. Shipping is usually fast.

Decent Site but Difficult to Maintain Rewards Info

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Petco.com:

My dog's favorite food and treats are available at Petco and Petco.com. I tend to prefer to shop online and have used the latter store frequently. It has all of the same choices for the most part as the store however they do claim to be separate businesses - don't ask for the sale price of one place in the other. Online will send coupons and often do have slightly lower prices with their incentives. You can collect their rewards through both the mortar store and online and redeem them in either.

Another feature of the site is to set up automatic delivery for things like food, treats, litter etc that you use and order on a regular basis. To do this you have to lock in a payment method but can also get a price break on some items. Shipping is often very quick, within a couple days.

When I can't find a better price elsewhere I will use petco.com for my dogs' needs. It's a fairly easy site to manage, even if the Pals Rewards section is a bit confusing. I have never had to use basic customer service so I cannot comment on that.