4.1
Pet Supplies Plus

Pet Supplies Plus

4.1

Wonderful store and knowledgeable employees

I absolutely adore my local Pet Supplies Plus and prefer to visit it over the other pet stores in the area. I first discovered Pet Supplies Plus when I adopted a puppy from a rescue group who recommended that I purchase my pup's food from there. And from the first moment I set foot in the store, I knew the rescue group had been right! The employees were not only friendly and available, but they immediately jumped into action to ask what I needed. They didn't wait for me to ask! They approached me, which I greatly appreciated! I also took my newly adopted pup in with me, and they showered him with attention and puppy treats and were just invaluable in offering advice on pet care and products. And they've also remembered me every time I've visited the store since that initial visit and often ask me how the new puppy is doing. The prices are comparable with other larger pet retail places and they have an impressive variety of products already on the shelf. They've also offered to order products for me that were not readily available. I can't recommend this store enough!!

an average pet supplies store

I frequently go to Pet Supplies Plus because it is very close to my house and I always need dog food.  The have the type of dog food we always buy but the prices are not the best out there.  I will drive out of my way if I am picking up more than 1 bag of food to save.  The customer service is pretty good @ the store.

The best features are the dog wash booths.  They are do-it-yourself and out of the many stores in our city, only 1 has the dog washing booths.  They are a great alternative to washing your dog at home or taking them to the groomer.  The tokens are only about $8 for 20 minutes of washing and drying time.  You stick your animal in the tub and wash them just like you would a car (but gentler).  The drying hose is great and is very powerful. I had my large dog washed and dried before my 20 min. ran out.

They have a pretty good selection of items @ each Pet supplies plus that I have been to...but once again, the prices arent the best.

Overpriced but have everything

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Pet Supplies Plus:

The only complaint I have about Pet Supplies Plus is their prices. You can find some of the products much cheaper online or at different stores. That being said, if I have to get some stuff for my pets, I would choose to go to this store first. The employees are nice and very helpful and they have a great variety of supplies, for all kinds of pets. I do not buy dog food here (because of the prices) but I do buy just about everything else. They have good brands and lots of choices. You can find their stores in many locations, which is nice when traveling with your pet. I haven't dealt with customer service so I don't know how well they work, but I can say that all the workers that I've talked to in the store have been extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Overall, I recommend this store for pet supplies!

Good prices!

Comments about Pet Supplies Plus:

I love Pet Supplies Plus because they have the best prices on food for small animals. They have several self serve machines where you can choose your own food and fill your bag up and it is much cheaper than buying pre-packaged food. They sell the pre-packaged brands as well so you can really tell how much you're saving. I usually get twice the amount of food using the self serve instead of buying the pre-packaged. They also have cat litter and dog treats that are self-serve but I have not compared those prices yet.

If you go in to buy dog treats look around at the different varieties because my local store will put coupons on the bags from time to time for certain items and sometimes they will even put them on items that are already on sale.

I also like the selection of pet medications that Pet Supplies Plus offers. I've been in for specialty medications for my cat and dogs several times and they always have what I'm looking for.

One of the better pet stores

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Pet Supplies Plus:

I personally am not a huge fan of pet stores. I find that I can take care of most of my pets' needs at Target while I shop for other things I need. Shopping at a pet store is just not as convenient for everyday items.
That being said, there are some times that only a store that specializes in pet care items will do. Pet Supplies Plus is one of the better options. Their prices seem to be lower than their competitors. I don't want to pay more to shop at a place that is less convenient.
Pet Supplies Plus supports pet adoption. I love that. It is so important to give these dogs in shelters a home instead of buying puppies. I love that this store supports pet adoption efforts. I think that says a lot about the ethics of the people running Pet Supplies Plus.
In addition to that, Pet Supplies Plus also has many great events. These events range from $5 nail clippings to low cost vaccination clinics. It's nice to see a pet store that is trying to help pets and their owners, not just turn a fast buck.
They also offer grooming and self service pet washes!

Cheaper than other pet stores.

Comments about Pet Supplies Plus:

I like Pet Supplies Plus a lot. It is the first pet store I go to when I am need of something ( I have a yellow lab, four cats and a 35 gallon fish tank). They may not be the fanciest of pet stores, but nine times out of ten they have what I need, and are cheaper than PetCo and PetSmart. Case in point--I can get a can of fancy feast there for 55 cents as compared to 65 cents at PetCo last I checked. They carry most major brands as well as brands that are not available at the grocery store such as Science Diet and ProPlan. I purchase my dog food, cat food and cat litter there. They also have a wide variety of fish and fish supplies. The last time I went there to get some freshwater fish the salesperson was both knowledgeable and helpful. She helped my girlfriend pick out fish for a new tank, and was able to answer all the questions we had.
If you have a bonus card you get rewards points plus a $5 gift coupon in the mail for your pet's birthday.

Wonderful store and knowledgeable employees

Comments about Pet Supplies Plus:

Great place to shop, great staff, good prices

from Redford, MI

Comments about Pet Supplies Plus:

The Pet Supplies Plus in Redford, MI, on Telegraph, near 5 Mile, is great! Fortunately for me, it's very close to my house, but it'd still be worth a long drive! The staff there are great, extremely helpful, VERY pleasant, knowledgeable, always willing to help, anything from helping me locate something, or offering to carry a heavy bag out to my car, or answering questions about the products they carry, and answering them honestly! And, as far as I have seen, they have the lowest prices in the area. Definitely better than the huge chains like petsmart, and that other one, I can never remember the name, it's so much like the other ones! So, if you live in the area, check them out!

an average pet supplies store

from Toledo, OH

I Bought CareFresh rat bedding and it was priced fairly

from Eaton Rapids, MI

Comments about Pet Supplies Plus:

Im a dog lover, a pet pamperer, an animal rescurer, an exotic pet owner, a cat fancier but Ive always been a lover of rats, they are very smart and friendly and I do my very best to keep them healthy. I  bought CareFresh bedding and it was fairly priced. Its the most healthy of bedding because it doesn't contain any harmful toxin like cedar bark and wood shaving.  It was easy to find and it was reasonably priced. I give petsmart a 4 star rating. I feel that It was very good quality for the price I paid. I recommend it to any one the owns a rodent!!

WAY better than Petsmart or Petco

from Goshen, IN

Comments about Pet Supplies Plus:

I work at Pet Supplies Plus and I personally think that the people that come through our doors are treated with more respect than any other pet store i have ever been in. We try to make sure that coustomer service is our main priority. When you go into petsmart they hardly ever try to help you unless you ask for help.

I do not like them!

from Findlay, OH

Comments about Pet Supplies Plus:

We were treated very rudely at our local Pet Supplies Plus. We went in and asked them how to go about setting up an aquarium and they told us it was not their job to tell us how to do that. Excuse me??? Are they not in the business of selling these things? This was the manager that told us that! We left there feeling like fools and will never go back again!