3.9

Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner

3.9

Pros

Cons

The men in my house will settle for nothing less & nothing more.

***Quick View***: My lovely tresses indulge in much more exotic shampoos but the mainstay in my shower in **Pert Plus Shampoo Plus Conditioner, Medium Normal Hair**. My husband and sons will only use that and, honestly, I am not all that sure why!*** About Pert Plus Shampoo Plus Conditioner, Medium ******Normal****** Hair***** **Pert Plus is both a shampoo and mild conditioner in one. It is a pearly light green color and smells fresh but not girly (A bonus for the three men in the house). I have used it a few times (under duress and fear of losing my hair, which did not happen) and it actually is not a bad shampoo at all. It lathers very well and I only needed a small amount to wash my very long hair. It smells good and rinses out clean. I felt weird not using a separate conditioner but this stuff said it conditioned so I didn't. My hair is normal but tends toward dry due to highlights and being so long. I felt a slightly heavier conditioner would have worked a bit better for me and Pert actually does make a formula for dry hair. My hair looked fine and I didn't have any issues. But I like my funky designer hair care. Meanwhile, my husband, who has a full head of thick, straight hair will NOT use any other shampoo. He feels that most make his hair "crazy" and that conditioners alone make his hair greasy. This combo is just right and, I have to admit, his hair always does look shiny and conditioned. The jerk, making it look so easy. Heh. My sons have short hair and only use Pert Plus too. Even if I buy another unisex or "manly" shampoo. I don't really know why but the entire family, sans me, insists on this stuff. But they all look great so I gotta give **Pert Plus Shampoo Plus Conditioner, Medium ****Normal**** Hair** kudos! ***My Viewpoint*** **Pert Plus Shampoo Plus Conditioner, Medium ****Normal**** Hair **is always, ALWAYS in my bathroom. I buy jugs of the stuff. Every Christmas, each guy gets his own big ole bottle of Pert Plus, which is silly since they all share but it's an easy gift. It gets used, that is for sure. The shampoo/conditioner combo is quite good and I might even think of using it if I didn't fashion myself well above the drugstore shampoo type. Ha! I actually like to try natural solid shampoos and Philosophy hair products because they are made for highlighted, longer hair. I give **Pert Plus Shampoo Plus Conditioner, Medium ****Normal**** Hair** 4 stars. I just had a long conversation with my husband and he insists I give it 4.5 stars and doesn't get why I can't. Note that this is REALLY a 4.5 star product according to Mr. Therre.

If you have fine hair, use Pert Plus plus a conditioner.

If you like having clean, shiny, great smelling hair, you will love the way Pert Plus fits the bill.

Normally, I like to use a separate shampoo, and a...Read complete review

Normally, I like to use a separate shampoo, and a separate cream rinse because my hair is so fine that I truly need a cream rinse to be able to do anything with it once it is dry.

Pert Plus feels squeaky clean when you are shampooing and rinsing, which is something I really like.  It gives me the confidence I need that all the dirt and sweat from the day is being washed away.   The scent of Pert Plus is also heavenly and stays with your hair until the next time you wash.  This is also a positive side to Pert shampoo.

My issue with Pert Plus as a combination shampoo and cream rinse is that it needs to have more of a cream rinse effect than it currently does.  Having fine hair, cream rinse is essential especially in the winter time when there's more static electricity in the air.  The cream rinse side of Pert Plus does not take the fly away hair effect away, in fact, it overwhelmingly makes it worse.  So, while I love the scent and the clean way my hair feels, I HATE not being able to manage my hair, and pretty much have to add mousse to my regimen when I wash with Pert Plus.

If you blow dry your hair after using Pert Plus, and you have fine hair like mine, look out!  You will have electric hair flying everywhere!

Makes my hair dry

Comments about Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner:

Because I am broke, I seldom splurge on shampoo and whatnots. I decided to buy the Pert Plus Classis Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner because I knew that my mom was using it at the time, I like to take as fast of a shower as possible, and it is cheap. It comes out in a nice, creamy lather. It does not smell all too great but it does not smell bad either, if you get what I mean. I accidentally poured too much out into my hand and ended up having a lot of soap suds. They have changed their bottles from just a straight 'rectangular' shape to the easier to grip, curvier shape. My hair dried and I noticed that it was bouncy, but it had this strange 'straw' feel to it. My hair also, over time, became oily sooner after showering. I do not think I will be buying this brand again, even if it is cheap. But I guess it is just one of those things where you get what you pay for. I did not have any allergic reaction to it, which happens a lot with me and my sensitive skin/scalp. I also did not have any dandruff with this shampoo. But I just do not like the texture of straw on my head.

My hair felt like straw

basic shampoo, good for college

Comments about Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner:

I had very long hair in college, and used Pert Plus in the dorm. I liked it because it cleaned my hair, conditioned it, and it is a one stop cleaning process. You don't need two bottles of product to achieve the look you can get with just one. Plus it saves time; instead of washing, rinsing and then conditioning, and rinsing, you can do it all in one step. Easier, shorter showers meant more time to sleep!

Pert plus easily cleans your hair and conditions it to some degree. It was easy to lather, and keeps your hair tangle free. It never dried my hair, and my hair was somewhat easy to comb through afterwards. It nourished my fine, straight hair fine. If you have curly hair, you may need an extra conditioner to use.

You don't buy this brand for its "beautiful" smell, but more for its "basic" shampoo smell that produces beautiful hair. Cheezy as it sounds, PertPlus does not smell outstanding, but just a clean smelling product.

Helped me tone down a dye color I didn't like.

Comments about Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner:

I'm not sure if this will sound like the best recommendation for Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner, but I I used this shampoo & conditioner after I decided I did not like the color I had my hair dyed. When I left the salon I thought I loved it, but I was told it was too dark for me so I contacted my hairstylist and asked her the best way to tone down the color, and she recommended Pert.

Pert did a good job of cleaning my hair, and it also worked to strip my hair of some of the new dye color I had just placed in it. It didn't make my hair oily at all, and it kept my hair moisturized. The scent of this was not too strong, and I didn't really even notice any positives or negatives about the scent.

This is convenient because it's a 2 in 1, but they don't work for me since I have such thick hair. I typically still need to use a second conditioner product when I use a 2 in 1 in order to be able to brush thru my hair.

Nice Shampoo

Comments about Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner:

I had to stop using this shampoo because I needed an anti-dandruff shampoo instead. But, before I stopped using it, it worked really well. It smelled great, and it is also a conditioner. After a while of using this, I discovered my dandruff, so I started using Axe Anti-Dandruff shampoo. But, Pert does make an anti-dandruff shampoo, too. I just really liked the smell of the Axe a lot better than the Pert. If you want to try the Pert, though, you definitely should, it is a good shampoo.

I no longer use it because I have to use anti-dandruff, but when I was using this shampoo, I didn't have any problems, it worked perfectly fine. It is a two in one shampoo, so you also condition your hair while you are using the shampoo. It is very nice to not have to worry about having to use a conditioner right after using a shampoo.

This shampoo smells really good, I really liked the smell, but I had to switched to Axe shampoo after a while for anti-dandruff and a better smell.

not my fave thing in the world

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner:

The concept of this product is brilliant. I thought it would save me money from having to buy shampoo and conditioner and that it would also save me time in the shower by only having to rinse once. However what I find to be true when using it, is that it doesn't clean the hair like it should and they do not have enough conditioner in it to make the hair soft. In addition it does nothing for tangles, if your hair tangles easily this product is NOT for you! All this for a product that smells like medicine. The scent is not at all pleasant it smells horrid I do not feel refreshed after using this product. Instead I feel like I need to wash AGAIN, just to get that horrid scent off. Save your money on this one folks!

It does nothing for tangles, they don't use enough conditioner in this product

I hate the scent it smells like medicine or like dog shampoo. If you want to smell good for a date night stay far far away from this product!

Good 2 in 1 Product

Comments about Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner:

This is my go to cost-effective shampoo and conditioner product. If I want to buy a quick shampoo product with a little extra protection for my hair, Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner is the product I choose. It is not the best, but definitely give you one of the best bangs for your buck for what it does. There are many other products I would choose over this one, however, if I were going for more quality over price choices. But, as mentioned before, this is a cheap solution to normal hair that will at the least maintain its health. I would recommend this product for people who want to save a couple extra bucks for a cheap shampoo product with a little extra kick.

Does what it is supposed to do. Cleans and refreshes hair to a nice a healthy state. Does not provide the best quality, but enough to do a good overall job in protecting and cleaning hair.

Not the best smelling scent, but pretty good for the price you pay for. Also, does not last extremely long.

Left my husband's fine hair frizzy.

from New York, NY

Comments about Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner:

My husband has fine hair and suffers from a dry, itchy scalp. He has experimented with various different brands of shampoos and conditioners. I recently purchased Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner for him to try. The results were mixed but overall he was largely unsatisfied with the end results.

First, the good, it was easy to create a good bubbly lather. The shampoo left his hair looking clean. It is one of the cheaper 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioners.

Now, the bad. The smell. It has a somewhat unpleasant smell, far less appealing than more of the expensive brands. It just smelt strange and not a scent that one would expect in a shampoo. Pert also left his hair frizzy which made it extremely hard to control and manage. It did nothing to help his dry and itchy scalp. Also of note, the shampoo was green, a rather strange color choice for shampoo that didn't smell of green apple.

In weighing up the good and the bad, and using this product on 4 separate occasions, he came to the conclusion that Pert Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner wasn't for him and I have not purchased this since and will not be purchasing this in the future. I would not recommend Pert Classic 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner for those with fine hair. I would rate this product 3 stars.

The original 2 in 1

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner:

I have to say that many years ago I used Pert Plus Classic Clean two in one Shampoo and Conditioner and I really did love it. For those that do not know this is the first two in one shampoo and conditioner together that was available. I know it was a really big deal because you finally did not have to buy shampoo and conditioner you could purchase one product which is the Pert Plus Classic Clean two in one Shampoo and Conditioner. I have to say that after a while other products started coming out with the same idea and eventually I started needing a separate conditioner anyway because the two in ones were still drying out my hair. This Pert Plus shampoo/conditioner has a really nice smell and scent and it is definitely not overpowering like a lot of other products on the market. I have to also say that the price for the Pert Plus Classic Clean two in one Shampoo and Conditioner is very reasonable and I would certainly recommend that all of my friends and family give it a try.

Silky and Smooth

Comments about Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner:

Pert shampoo seems to be an under the radar type of shower gel. Obviously in todays world there are so many competing headline names for shampoo like Garnier, Tressemme, and Suave but I do have to say that out of using a wide spread of shampoos over time I absolutely like Pert the most. I've even bought other shampoos that are 2-in-1 shampoos and conditioners, but none seem to compare. Every time I use Pert it seems to leave my hair soft and light. Other brands have left my hair some what frizzy and fluffed out, but Pert seems to have perfected whatever they're putting in their shampoo. The one thing I am not a fan of is that if you get Pert in your eyes, it burns like crazy. So definitely use with caution. Everyones hair is different, but they do offer 4 other different types of shampoos besides the Classic Clean, so you should be able to find a perfect fit for you.

great shampoo, makes my hair silky

Comments about Pert Plus Classic Clean 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner:

I have used this shampoo for quite a while and it makes my hair silky and clean. On sale, it is a great bargain. It does clean very well and for those that color their hair, don't expect the color to last as long. You won't need a separate conditioner either. It is a thicker shampoo and not tear-free so try not to get it in your eyes. Overall, it's a good one to have on hand!

It does moisturize and clean well. It also makes your hair smell good, not in a floral way at all. It does not clear up dandruff since there is one that does that. This is strictly for a deep cleaning/moisturizing wash.

fresh, clean scent. Not in a perfume or feminine way, but like a clean apple scent. The scent doesn't last very long in your hair some some other brands, maybe just for a day ( unless you are outdoors alot or work out alot, then it won't last even a day). I think it's good for men or women and evn comes in travel size if you travel alot.