Other Men's Skin Care Products:
Personna
Personna Personna M5 Magnum Razor

Personna Personna M5 Magnum Razor

M5 Magnum. Better razor at a far better price!

from Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

Cons

Comments about Personna Personna M5 Magnum Razor:

I am often given sample products to review and rate from a survey company. Such was the case with the M5 Magnum razor and the Gillette Fusion. I was sent both products to try for a set number of days each. First, let me explain that I hate shaving and that 5 blades in a razor was nothing but overkill, something that wouldn't actually work any better than a 2 or 3 blade. It was simply a way of adding cost to a product. I was sincerely wrong! After trying both I found that I really loved the concept and that they actually did work better. My room mate and I both tried each razor and came to the same conclusion; the M5 Magnum razor was far better. The Fusion, although fairly good quality overall, was very difficult to rinse clean and didn't actually shave closer without quite a bit of effort. On the other hand, the M5 has a more open design that allows for much easier rinsing and shaved very close quite easily. Both had similar small problems. Both razor heads will fall off if aggressively knocked against the side of the sink to clean them and are generally un-repairable afterward. Also, the soapy strips will come off both after numerous uses.

As a point of interest, the M5 Magnum actually has six blades, the sixth being a shielded, trimmer blade on the top of the razor. It works fairly well for sideburns and trimming around my constantly shrinking "soul" patch. I would probably use it more if I still had my van Dyke style beard. Unfortunately, that was difficult to shave around and shrank to the point that I finally just removed it completely.

Considering everything, the M5 experience is far superior to the Fusion at about half the cost. Imagine how happy I was when I found them labeled as Personal Expressions (an HEB generic label) M5 Magnum at my local HEB grocery. I was even happier when I saw the price of the razor and refills was roughly half the cost of the Fusion, and I already knew it was a better product. Don't believe me? Try it yourself. This razor has actually made me hate shaving a little less than before.