3.5

3.5

Personna M5 Magnum 5 Blade Shaver with Trimmer is One To Avoid

from New Lisbon, WI

Comments about Personna M5 Magnum 5 Blade Shaver With Trimmer:

I don't like the Personna M5 Magnum 5 Blade Shaver with Trimmer and I'll tell you why. The name takes forever to type. Also, the engineers at Personna who designed this sucker made one fatal mistake. They put the blades too close together. Works well if you keep yourself clean-shaven, but miss a day or two and let your stubble get a little long and this razor will clog up on you. And once that happens it is almost impossible to clean. Whiskers stick to the blades of this thing like they were glued on. You might as well just go ahead and change the blade. That's not a problem, because the engineers got that part right. Just push a button, pop the old blade off, and lock a new one in place. Very nice. This razor does give you a close shave, the head pivots easily to get at all parts of your face, and the trimmer comes in handy for sideburns and the like. The handle is also well-made, non-slip, and easy to grasp. Very inexpensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for. Me, I'll look elsewhere for a razor that can shave me clean for every day use, but can also do the job after coming home from a couple of days in the bush.

Wish I'd known about it sooner!

from York, PA

Comments about Personna M5 Magnum 5 Blade Shaver With Trimmer:

My boyfriend was using a Schick Quattro and I was using a pack of cheap disposable razors because I'd gotten tired of paying for the expensive refills for my Gillette Venus razor. When I came across a great coupon for the M5 Magnum plus two cartidges, I figured it was worth a try.

This razor performed every bit as well as his Quattro, and as good or better than most of the women's razors that I've tried. The 5 blades really do go a long way to prevent cuts and razor burn. I can't say much about the trimmer, as neither of us use it. My boyfriend and I now share this razor so that we only have to buy one type of refill cartridges. A pack of 4 refills cost about half the price of those for the Schick Quattro.

I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of this razor, especially considering it's an "off" brand. For the price, you really can't beat this thing. I only wish I'd known about it while I was throwing away money on all those expensive name brand refills.