Other Floorings:
Pergo
Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties)

Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties)

I am extremely happy with my new Pergo flooring.

I recently had my old carpet ripped up and had Pergo flooring installed throughout my living room, dining room, and family room including entrance ways and connecting hallways.  I had an oak shade installed.  I was leary of removing my carpeting because I was afraid the house would not seem as warm, but, after putting down area rugs in all 3 rooms, I am so pleased with the results.  It looks beautiful, rich and is very warm.  And I have had many compliments on it.  It does take a bit of work to keep them looking clean and shiny, but with 3 dogs, a cat, and a teenager with friends trudging through the house, I realize that if I had put in new carpet instead, it would already be filthy and ready for a shampooing.  At least with the Pergo, once I mop and shine it, I know it's clean.The oak looks very rich and goes perfectly with my furniture.  We also put in new baseboards and they match perfectly too.  It also increases the value of my home.

Buyer Beware-Warranty information is not accurate

Please be aware that Pergo does not like to honor the Warranty written in the enclosed boxes of flooring.  We have had trouble with the Malaysian Kempas.  If you spill water or your dog has an accident the floor will warp.

We let our floor acclamate for 3 days, spaced it 1/4 to 1/2 inch  from wall with recommended spacers and still had trouble with it.  Parts of the flooring was laid over crawl space and they claimed that it was a moisture barrier problem eventhough Moisture, Saturation and Humidity levels were all well within normal range.  They did not take into consideration the areas of the floor that had the same problems that were not over a crawl space.

I even went so far as to tear up and reinstall areas that look really bad and the same thing happened again.  They no longer sell this color or style in stores.  They have sent third party contractors to take pictures and deducted through a few pictures taken outside the crawl space that there wasn't a proper moisture barrier.  No tests, just a picture held at arms length.  Also, they did not take quarter round off the wall the see how far the floor was from the wall.

They make their warranty decisions based on photos taken and sent to them by independant contractors.

fits together in a snap

from Brookfield, IL

Comments about Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties):

This flooring was the easiest product to put down, After laying insulation barrier we started snapping the floor together. We used it in a 10x11 guest room. Not too many strange cuts but easy none the less. We opted to finish the edge with painted quarter round which saved a substancial bit of money. Pergo jacks up the extras alot, but the floor itself is a great value

have a lot of different wood looking finishes

Ease of Installation
did an 11x10 room in an afternoon

• Ease of Installation:

Runaround Game

Comments about Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties):

Had Pergo Brazilian Cherry Laminate installed on my living room and office back on 02/2011. Left product to acclimate in the premises for at least 2 days as it was recommended. Installers were contractors with J.W. FLOORING and they came in time to do their work without any issues. They did whatever the're supposed to do to install the laminate in this premises which was a brand new condo. They accomplished all the necessary steps to install and level up the laminate. We've never intervened or were informed about any anomaly or issue during the installation. Besides we found out that some trim strips were loose and they came to fix it, we did not any concerns until the 2011 summer where we started to hear some cracking noises in the areas with more traffic, we do not have dogs, cats, lions or elephants moving around our living rooom or office. With the upcoming fall and winter the issue was forgotten until the first warm days in 2012 when the cracking continued every where with no apparent reason. Then we contacted HOME DEPOT who reported to PERGO. After some time they sent an Inspector who made an Inspection Report indicating they were not responsible for the issue. It was the installers fault. The last sent also an Inspector who came to try to blaim our cleaning products or ONE SINGLE PLANT for the cracking all around the place. We just wanted to have the issue resolved but when you deal with this sort of companies or installers, you know you're screwed, whatever you do. I WON'T BUY ANY FLOORING FROM HOME DEPOT, SPECVIALLY ANY PERGO PRODUCT AND WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY WORK FROM J.W. FLOORING. When you see an individual coming to your place for floors cracking every where and he pays attention and take a stupid picture of a plan, you're really screwed to believe that your warranties or promises will be fulfilled. A real scam!!

• Ease of Installation:

It's easy on the feet and the wallet.

from Cleburne, TX

Comments about Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties):

It took months for my wife and I to decide on the wood floor to be installed in our house.  Pergo wood flooring was easy on the wallet, easy to install, looks awesome, and it appears to be holding up to its high expectations.  We have a full sized dog, a cat, 2 children and the neighbor's children that create a lot of traffic on these floors which we installed in the kitchen and dining room.  We were able to purchase it locally, take it home ourselves and install it ourselves.

Pergo flooring is good looking with easy upkeep.

from Savannah, GA

Comments about Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties):

After an air conditioning pipe overflowed and ruined the existing flooring in my recently purchased townhome, I had a contractor install Pergo laminate. After nearly three years, it still looks beautiful. It requires minimal care -- dusting and occasional spritzing with a special agent that takes away spots, spills and wet footprints.

Another advantage to Pergo is the diversity of style and color options. I selected a warm cherry that complemented my furniture and the cherry cabinets in my adjacent kitchen.

The contractor who installed the flooring said it was very easy to work with and that it looked very much like real wood. He was extremely impressed with the product, even though he had installed hardwood flooring, bamboo flooring, etc. for other customers.

In a previous home, I had hardwood floors and thought they were the best. I was wrong! Due to its much easier upkeep, the Pergo laminate flooring I have now is even better.

The only complaint I have about this flooring is that it sometimes clicked when walking across it when it was first installed. That minor annoyance has long since dissapated. I would highly recommend this flooring option to anyone who likes good looks with easy upkeep.

I am extremely happy with my new Pergo flooring.

from Troy, IL

Comments about Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties):

Pergo laminate flooring isn't as durable as wood flooring!

from Somerset, OH

Comments about Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties):

Pergo laminate flooring looks great and is so simple to install, but when it comes to the test of time, I would much rather have spent the extra money and purchased a hard wood floor.  After installing the floor and going through two saw blades...we were very happy with the results...until our kids came in with their shoes on and tiny little rocks scratched it.  My son slid on it and as he was sliding the rivets from his jeans scratched it everywhere he slid.  Don't leave cold bags of groceries on it in the summer because there will be a water spots that are permanent.  We have found that liquid from wet shoes, spilled drinks , etc... is this type of floorings worst enemy!   All said and done though it is a good deal cheaper than hard wood flooring and we had two rooms done in one afternoon.  It still does look nice but the scratches and liquid issue isn't worth it in the end.

very easy to work with and looks great

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties):

Hi my name is Robert and i have worked with this flooring qiut a bit it goes together easy doesn't gap after time and holds its finsh well just make sure yo check the corner of your boxs to make sure there not chiped and that you have some good basic tools and you shouldnt have any problems and make sure yo use a good moisture barrier i would also recommend r&r your base boards

easy to install flooring

from Palmyra, NY

Comments about Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties):

i installed this flooring in both bedrooms and livingroom. it was so easy to use and install. you do need two people to get the job done but three might be a crowd. i recomend getting the flooring with the padding already on. i had 800 square feet put down in under 12 hours of work.

Flooring looks great and is very durable

from Chatham, IL

Comments about Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties):

We installed Pergo laminate flooring in our house about a year and a half ago. Pergo was slightly more expensive than some of the other competitors but we chose it based on positive reviews we found on consumer reports.com and the color selection.

In the year and a half that we have had the Pergo flooring in our main living room we have found it to be very durable and resistant to scratching. It is a glueless system so the boards are snapped together. We have not had any problems with boards popping up or seams becoming loose or uneven.

Installation of the floor was rather quick. We did hire professionals to install our floor and it took them about 12 hours total which included some intricate steps that required a lot of cutting. We receive many compliments on our flooring and have plans to redo another room in our house with the same color and style of Pergo. Overall a great product and well worth the additional expense!

Try it, you'll like it

from Lonedell, MO

Comments about Pergo Laminate Flooring (All Varieties):

After moving into a new home I was disappointed to have to be pulling up our carpeting because of pet mistakes.  Looked into alot of options and a PERGO floor won out and now I want it throughout my entire house.  No scratching and it is guarenteed to not chip or show scratches.  If you have animals that make mistakes, this floor is for you and its also quite good looking.