3.9
Pepsi - Max

Pepsi - Max

3.9

Alright, Alright, I'll Give In ... Some

**Intro** Remember 20 to 30 years ago when they used to have those Pepsi challenges? I would do it every time and could always tell the difference between the Pepsi and Coke. The Pepsi was always identifiable as it was too sweet. I worked up quite the fascination with Coke around the time they came up with Coke Classic. I hated that New Coke, as it tasted like Pepsi, too sweet. Fearing I was drinking too much of he Coke Classic, I switched to Diet Coke as I couldn't stand it. Now, I have an even unhealthier addiction to Diet Coke. I drink one or two a night and feel like a drug addict once I finally get it going through my system. I even drink it in my mixed drinks. Check out my profile page here at Viewpoints, Rum and Diet Coke with a Lime is my preferred drink. I can tell every time I order it and get Diet Pepsi mixed in instead. It's too sweet. Today I tried a Diet Pepsi product for the first time in my life that isn't too sweet. **The Find** While grocery shopping today I found a display with small sample size (12 oz.) bottles of Diet Pepsi Max. Right on the bottle it calls itself an "invigorating cola." Okay, that intrigued me. It was only 50 cents for this sample bottle, so I thought, alright I'll try it. The "invigorating" thing got to me. It reminded me of my fascination with Diet Coke and had me questioning if this was the target audience. **The Taste** I opened up the Diet Pepsi Max and tried it on my way home from the store. Lo and behold, it wasn't bad! There was just a tiny, tiny little resemblance to that familiar Pepsi sweetness. And there was quite the "invigorating" bite to it. It really did remind me of the boldness of a Diet Coke. **Conclusion** While I still remain faithful to my Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi Max is the first close second I have found. If it was on sale, I just might consider buying it instead of Diet Coke.

Don't do it

SOOO Pepsi Max....Really can't say anything good about it.

SOOO Pepsi Max....Really can't say anything good about it.

When I first tried it, it was like drinking heartburn is really the only way I can describe it. If I drank more then 1 I would get terrible stomach cramps and feel as though I might have thrown up (I brought this up with Pepsi and the lady almost made it seem as though I was lying/had gas/ or was imagining it).

Then I also found out that it had almost twice the caffeine that normal soda has,which I guess would be the Max part of it.

So really I wouldn't recommend this drink to anyone but my worst enemy

This is an awesome diet soda!

Comments about Pepsi - Max:

I bought Pepsi Max because I liked Coke Zero so much, and I was really happy with how much it tasted like full calorie Pepsi. It has all of the sweetness, without the usual aftertaste of Diet Pepsi. This is not something I buy all the time, but it is a nice changeup some of the time for my household.

I still prefer the diet

Comments about Pepsi - Max:

In the diet version I find Pepsi to be just sweet enough. This however tastes real similar to the Regular Pepsi - which to me seems like you're drinking pancake syrup. Too much of a good thing. Maybe it's a better product for people who normally drinker regular sodas.

tastes weird

Comments about Pepsi - Max:

Short and simple: Pepsi Max tastes weird. It contains ginseng and has twice as much caffeine as regular Pepsi. I'm assuming the strange taste is the herbal flavor but I'm not sure. I don't know why I'd want double the caffeine in my soda. If I need a boost that much I'd rather have a cup of coffee. Anyway the strange flavor makes me not buy this stuff either way.

This is the best diet soda ever

from Madison, AL

Comments about Pepsi - Max:

After being a Diet Pepsi drinker for several years, my husband accidentally purchashed a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi Zero. At first I was sceptical never having heard of yet tried this, but after the first sip, I am now hooked! There are zero calories or carbs. Diet Pepsi Zero should be renamed Diet Pepsi Wonderful!!!!

Tastes great

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Pepsi - Max:

Pepsi's answer to Coke Zero, Pepsi Max, tastes just as good as regular Pepsi and has no calories.  The packaging is also very attractive, with swirly blue, black, and silver coloring.   I would recommend this to anybody that enjoys diet cola.  However, I have not really seen any advertising for the product, so I did not hear about it until I found it for sale at the grocery store.

the best of the best

from West Palm Beach, FL

Comments about Pepsi - Max:

i been drinking pepsi for as long as i can remember but the last couple of years it caught up with me and istarted gaining weight i  received a coupon for a free 12 pack of diet pepsi max   i was amazed with this product it is great taste i have beemn drinking this since itc ame out i have not went back to reg pepsi and i am also starting to lose the weight

Oh my Goodness! Talk about heaven.

from Harvey, IL

Comments about Pepsi - Max:

Pepsi is the best carbonated beverage on the market.  I love the marketing strategies, the fact that everything stays fresh and new. Not to mention the great taste. I have never tasted a drink that comes close to Pepsi in any way. Pepsi is bold, brisk, with a slight kick. I love it! Drink Pepsi! Pepsi Rocks! I will love Pepsi for the rest of my days.

Energizes

from Columbus, IN

Comments about Pepsi - Max:

I have bought Pepsi Max mostly because there have been either coupons for it or promotional deals at the grocery and drug stores.  I do like it for the energy boost it gives, however, the taste is not my favorite.  I prefer the sweetness of Diet Mountain Dew.  It has more caffeine plus ginseng as a bonus, so it is even more invigorating than the Diet Mountain Dew.  I usually prefer Diet Coke, Coke, as far as colas go, and I think Pepsi Max has a stronger cola taste than regular Diet Pepsi.

It is better than regular pepsi.

from Wellsburg, WV

Comments about Pepsi - Max:

I am not an every day cola drinker.  I happened to see Diet pepsi max and decided to try it.  I liked it from the first glass and told everyone that I know about the new product.  In fact, I look for it now and usually do not buy anything else.

Good but not great.

from Elkton, MD

Comments about Pepsi - Max:

This was an alright product. Sweet and satisfying but not great. I would say it is much better than some of the other diet sodas out there. It is a good thing to drink if you are trying to lose weight but still have a sweet tooth for sodas. Did not drink long enough to see if actual weight loss would occur while using this product.