Other Sodas & Beverages:
Pepsi
Pepsi - Diet Pepsi

Pepsi - Diet Pepsi

Cons

Diet Pepsi, a refreshing drink for any time of the day.

Diet Pepsi happens to be one of my favorite beverages, and it is often that I will find myself craving a nice cold can.  With zero calories, a great kick, and enough caffeine (35mg per can) to keep me going for a while, it is the perfect pick-me-up in the mornings, and a great way to accentuate any meal.  It goes well with a wide range of foods, including but not limited to pizza, sandwiches, Italian or Mexican food, and above everything else, it goes great with a large bowl of popcorn.

As a person that is not big on drinking coffee, I tend to go for a Diet Pepsi in the morning as my alternative beverage.  That is not to say that I have it for breakfast, but when I get to work, and after an hour or so I find myself dragging a little, I will pull out a nice refreshing can to get myself a re-charge.  I like to have the cans pretty close to freezing, so that it is extremely refreshing and really gets me moving again.  It also serves as a great solution if I am working on something late and start getting a little tired.  The caffeine is the perfect solution to provide a zero calorie energy burst.

I really only have positive things to say about Diet Pepsi, because it doesn't interfere with my diet, and it provides many positive attributes each time I reach for a can.  For those looking to find a nice refreshing drink that is best served cold, I would really suggest going for a crisp, cool can of Diet Pepsi.

Diet Pepsi Isn't Bad, But There are Better Options

Soft drinks are part of my daily beverage consumption and I like most of them, although I am the first to admit that some are only good for certain occasions or with specific foods. I tend toward the diet soft drinks and I prefer diet colas to other diet beverage flavors. One diet soft drink that makes its way into my stomach every now and then is **Diet Pepsi**, a zero calorie version of regular Pepsi. **Soft Drink Commentary:**Diet Pepsi is dark- brown/black in color, like most colas, and it offers plenty of carbonation. It also seems a little bit sweet at first, based on aroma, and even the taste is slightly sweet and similar to regular Pepsi, but with less emphasis on the sugar and less overall cola flavor. The beverage is refreshing, due to the active carbonation, and it makes a decent choice for washing down food or for gaining some quick relief from summer heat.

My family is primarily a Coke family and it has been this way for a long time. We prefer Coke products, from diet to regular, but we will bend our rules and try something else if there is a special deal on Pepsi or other products. Diet Pepsi, while not one of my favorite diet soft drinks, is certainly good enough to purchase on occasion and it offers enough good qualities to make it worthy of consideration. Diet Pepsi is crisp and refreshing and I prefer its taste in fountain form to bottles or cans. But there is one problem I have with Diet Pepsi, and that is its tendency to taste a little soapy. I once was able to tolerate this taste a little bit more than I do today. But over the years, my tolerance for Diet Pepsi has slowly waned. That odd flavor doesn't go away with repeated tastings, like is often the case with other beverages. It remains in place and if you think about it too much, it becomes more and more intense. One other problem that some people have with Diet Pepsi is the fact that it contains aspartame. Many people worry about the side effects of aspartame and this ingredient has been blamed for many health problems, ranging from headaches to brain tumors. I have read all of these reports on the side effects of aspartame but I am not sure which to believe. My policy is to keep my consumption to a minimum. As long as I don't consume too many diet soft drinks, I should be just fine and this is exactly what I have been striving to do each day.Yet another issue some people have with Diet Pepsi is its lack of any nutritional value. There are no vitamins or minerals in Diet Pepsi, but the same can be said of other diet soft drinks. Let's face it- soft drinks were not created to provide nutrition. They were made for great- tasting refreshment and while they do not contain any nutritional benefits, they also do not contain the "bad" ingredients that most people do not want in their beverage, like calories, fat, and carbs. In this regard, Diet Pepsi is like flavored water. There is no nutrition, yes. But the lack of calories, fat, or carbs makes Diet Pepsi a completely guilt- free beverage. **Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Diet Pepsi is an acceptable diet soft drink that I will continue to purchase when the price is right or when I am in a restaurant that serves only Pepsi products. I used to like it more than I do today, but that odd soap- like taste and other flavor factors have led me to revise my rating of Diet Pepsi. I still consider it okay, but not something I would choose on a level playing field.

New Diet Pepsi Aspartame Free

from Virginia Beach

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

Cons

• Bad Flavor
    • Terrible aftertaste

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi:

I have been drinking, and loving, Diet Pepsi in a can for about 18 years. Two days ago, at work, I was drinking one that I brought from home and it tasted terrible. I thought that it must have been in a box that was left, over looked, in the garage all summer long! Nope, just the new Diet Pepsi Aspartame Free. The nasty aftertaste stays with you for hours! However, I would like to say that I am 2 days free from soft drinks! This might be the best thing that has happened in a long time, as I may finally be able to kick this addiction to Diet Pepsi! (I was drinking 3 to 5 cans per day) Might just add years to my life and drop some pounds.

NOT SO GOOD NOW

from ST. LUCIE WEST, FL.

About Me Value Oriented

Pros

• None

Cons

• After taste
      • Bad Flavor

• Daily All Day Long

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi:

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED IN THE CHANGE THAT PEPSI MADE TO THEIR DIET DRINK, JUST NOT THE SAME. I COULD TELL IMMEDIATELY WHEN THEY MADE THE CHANCE TO THEIR FORMULA, NOT GOOD AT ALL. I DRANK PEPSI MORNING TIL NIGHT, BEEN TOLD FOR YEARS TO GIVE IT UP AND COULDN'T, MIGHT BE ABLE TO NOW, SORRY PEPSI! FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU CHOSE TO CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WAS GREAT INTO SOMETHING WITH SUCH AN AFTER TASTE IS SAD. I'LL MISS MY FAVORITE DRINK!!!!

Not too bad!

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi:

I am a lover of diet soda's because I very much enjoy the carbonation I get from soda but hate the calories. I am not a huge Pepsi fan, but I have drank Diet Pepsi many times. Diet Pepsi tastes much better than Diet Coke. For having the aspartame, it is not very sweet. I like how it still tastes like Pepsi. I do enjoy this soda and I do recommend it!

Dig these retro cans! Love Diet Pepsi!

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi:

The only thing keeping Diet Pepsi from getting a perfect score, even with the absolutely awesome late 90s can design that I ADORE, is the fact that compared to Diet Coke it tastes a little too sweet. Not so sweet that I'm completely turned OFF it, I'm not, because when I want a break from Diet Coke I run straight to this six-pack, but you can definitely tell the difference between the brands in your own Pepsi challenge. It's just as cold and refreshing when enjoyed in a glass full of ice washing down dinner, lunch, or popcorn, and always on sale!

The best diet cola

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi:

If I had to buy a diet cola this is the one. Diet Pepsi tastes more like "regular" cola than any other diet cola I've tried, and also has less of that nasty, chemically "aftertaste" that all diet colas have. It's especially good when really cold. I'm not a big fan of diet soda in general, but as far as diet colas go this is my favorite, and I'm usually a Coke person.

Addicted

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi:

I drink Diet Pepsi every day. I am an addict. I love a cold diet Pepsi. I think it is so refreshing. Regular Pepsi is too sweet for me. I prefer Diet Pepsi over any other diet sodas. Diet Pepsi is my drink of choice for sure. My favorite way to drink it is from a bottle.

My favorite readily accessible soft drink

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi:

I prefer diet sodas over regular, not just because they are calorie free, but also because they generally are lighter in taste. When choosing between Diet Pepsi & Diet Coke, I will choose Diet Pepsi every time. It is sweeter, and cleaner in taste. Also, when I drink Diet Pepsi, and something with regular sugar (candy, ice cream) I notice no difference in taste; but when I drink Diet Coke, there is a change in taste for the worst.

My true favorite soft drinks are Diet Root Beers, but they are harder to find. Diet Pepsi definitely wins the cola wars though, for me!

diet pepsi

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi:

Pepsi diet cola is a very bland cola, granted it is very low in calories it is a great way to lose weight because once you try pepsi diet cola you will not want anymore. It come in a unique six pack of 12 ounce cans so you will only have to throw five of thm away.

taste is watered down.

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi:

First time I ever tried diet pepsi I thought it was watered down and it gave me a bad stomach ache. When I compare it to other non-diet pepsi products the taste just isn't their. It tastes like a cheap brand of cola. It would taste better if Pepsi would do away with the artificial sweetners they put in it. Over all I would have to say I do not plan on drinking diet pepsi in the near future. On the plus side of things, Diet Pepsi does have no or low calories so despite it all, those who wish to cut down on all the sugar intake from regular soda this would be a smarter choice to make. Only thing I can see wrong with switching to diet pepsi from regular pepsi is that I would find myself consuming more diet pepsi just to get the same satisfaction of the regular pepsi. I guess my final thoughts on diet pepsi is that they sell a lot of it and people all over the world know the brand and will drink it because of its name.

Crisp and sharp tasting soda.

from Frederick, MD

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi:

Pepsi is the only cola I can stand.  If there is no Pepsi I don't drink cola.  It has a crisp electric taste that is not syrupy and doesn't leave an aftertaste, or leave you with dry-mouth.  On the other hand, I am not a fan of Diet Pepsi-though to be fair, I'm not a fan of any diet drink- but, the tinny taste and bitter after-taste is AAGGHHHHH.