3.8
Pepsi
Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry

Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry

3.8

Finally, a flavored diet soda with no aftertaste!

I was always a Pepsi drinker until I started drinking diet soda.  I tried diet Pepsi and thought that it tasted much too sweet and left an aftertaste.  I tried diet Coke and loved it.  Recently, my sister-in-law accidentally bought **Diet Pepsi - Wild Cherry Flavored** instead of regular Pepsi.  She gave me the two bottles because she knew I was a diet soda drinker.  I was reluctant to try it because I remembered how sweet diet Pepsi was and couldn't imagine how much sweeter the wild cherry flavor would be.  Well, I tried it anyway and surprisingly, I liked it a lot!

***What's in this stuff?***

An 8 fl.oz.  of Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry Contains: CARBONATED WATER, CARAMEL COLOR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, ASPARTAME, POTASSIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), POTASSIUM CITRATE, CITRIC ACID, CAFFEINE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT FLAVOR)

Calories 0 Total Fat(g) 0 Sodium(mg) 25 Potassium(mg) 45 Total Carbohydrates(g) 0 Sugars(g) 0 Protein(g) 0 Caffeine(mg) 25

***What do I think about it?***

Honestly, I think that this soda is great tasting and very refreshing.  There is a perfect balance of sweetness and cherry favor.  I didn't experience any aftertaste as I do with most other diet sodas.  My husband even tried it and he hates diet soda.  When I asked what he thought about it, he said "not bad".  For a diet soda hater, I would say that could be interpreted as two thumbs up.  I like that it is sugar free and has very low sodium.  The only ingredient that concerns me is the artificial sweetener, Aspartame.  I have never really found the answer as to whether this ingredient is unhealthy or not.  If you try to research it on the net, you will find complete opposite conclusions.  I only consume Aspartame in diet soda and that is not very often so regardless of the true findings, I believe I'm safe.

***My Final Viewpoint***

**Diet Pepsi - Wild Cherry Flavored** is truly a great product.  It tastes great, it's refreshing and leaves no aftertaste.  The cherry flavoring gives it a nice twist and is not overwhelming.  I am giving this diet soda a ***4 star rating***.  I would have gone with 5 but the questionable Aspartame ingredient causes me to remove a star.

Just like cough syrup!

I had to start drinking diet soda almost twenty years ago when I was diagnosed with diabetes. I knew I didn't like Diet Coke and so I started drinking Diet Pepsi which I drank for about six years before going over to Diet Coke. It's been a long time since I've had any Pepsi products in the house but our local supermarket was having a special on Pepsi. Two ounce bottles for sixty-nine cents limit two. So I bought all kinds of Pepsi sodas, all diet of course so I could give them a try. Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry was the first one I tried. My wife said it best when she said, "Tastes like cough syrup!" And it does. However, I hate to waste anything so I continued to drink the Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry for the rest of the day until I finished the bottle. I don't know but in a way it really wasn't all that bad. Sure it tasted like cough syrup but maybe I was being reminded by drinking it that I like cough syrup.

I still have another bottle of it but I have been hesitant to try the stuff again. Maybe one of these days I will.

Not my favorite soda

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry:

For as long as I can remember, I have loved Pepsi products. M mother said I would go to any family member who had a Pepsi and as soon as it was gone I would run right back to her. I always thought that was funny. Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry is quite the exception. I can't say that I don't like it, because I do. It just isn't my personal favorite. I love the Pepsi taste and I like the mingle of cherry mixed in with it. I can even tolerate the cherry after taste. What I don't like about Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry is that I can taste the diet part. Meaning, it is unlike Pepsi Max where I couldn't really detect any type of saccharine taste. Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry tastes diet. The taste is very obvious and detectable. While the drink is pleasant, it is not my favorite. Overall, I would drink it but I wouldn't necessarily buy it myself. While it can be excellent in taste when it is iced cold, if it is not icy cold you can taste that diet product after taste.

Nowhere nearly as good as Pepsi Cherry Regular

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry:

I love Wild Cherry Pepsi, but I was not thrilled or impressed with the Diet version of the same drink. It just has too much of an artificial flavor to it, and all the aftertaste of a diet drink to finish it off. The cherry taste doesn't taste anything like real cherry, and I just found it unappealing altogether.

As far as diet soda goes it's OK

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry:

I'm no big fan of diet soda in general, but as far as they go this is a decent one. It has relatively little aftertaste compared to diet Coke products, and tastes similar to regular Wild Cherry Pepsi. It's not something I'd drink everyday, but it's one I'd reach for occasionally when watching my sugar intake.

Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry Still Has the Diet Aftertaste.

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry:

I have always enjoyed Pepsi compare to the other brands and drink Pepsi regularly. I had to switch to diet due to health reasons so I decided to try Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi thinking that the cherry would take away the diet taste. I was wrong. This drink still has the aftertaste associated with diet drinks.

Just like cough syrup!

from Los Angeles, California

best soda ever

from Junction City, OR

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry:

Yes, it's diet soda, but no, it does not taste bad at all! I went from drinking nothing but regular soda to now drinking nothing but diet since two years ago and i do not miss regular soda at all. you very easily get addicted to the diet stuff too, and remember it is a lot less calories so you do not have to feel guilty when you pop the can open. it also has a very sweet taste to it, and the cherry blends nicely in with the pepsi taste. seriously, just try this soda for a week, give up the regular version, and you will see what i mean. and you will really see what i mean when you realize that there are not any calories to it, so you do not have to feel guilty at all. it is a very good soda and for the money value, it meets all the demands. it is usually cheap at most stores, and much cheaper than stopping somewhere like starbucks for a sweet bevarage, because the diet cherry pepsi delivers for sure.

Wild about it!

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry:

I have always been a big Pepsi fan. Recently I started drinking diet to reduce my calorie intake. Problem being with most diet colas, giving up calories also means giving up taste. I was astonished at how tasty Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi really is, and with no calories, or fat, I got the perfect combination. No fat, great taste! Thanks, Pepsi!

Still has an after taste

from Williamsport, MD

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry:

About 2 yrs. ago I was told I was borderline pre diabetic.  Well, I knew I had to make some changes & the first was my constant Pepsi drinking....I stopped cold turkey.  As long as it wasn't in the house, I couldn't drink it.  I test tasted a lot of drinks & the only diet drink that I like is Diet 7 Up.  I started brewing a pitcher of ice tea & sweet it with Sweet & Low & I have a glass of that every morning to get me started.  The rest of the day is Deer Park Water. Once in a while I'll grab a can of the diet 7 up.  Recently I seen an ad about the Diet Cherry Pepsi so thought I'd give it a try.  I'm sorry to say that my first drink make me shake my head NO.  I kept trying & sipping it but just could not get back into it.  Perhaps it's due to the fact that I haven't had any Pepsi for 2 yrs.   Whatever the reason, I could taste the Cherry flavor but could still pick up on an after taste.  Just not for me.

This drink is delicious and refreshing.

from Wedowee, AL

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry:

I absolutely love diet cherry pepsi.  It gets me through those tough times when I don't want to eat anything and I need something tasty and satisfying to quench my thirst.  It helps fill me up and leaves me feeling like I have indulged myself.

Great flavor

from Houston, TX

Comments about Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry:

**Diet Pepsi with Wild Cherry Flavoring** is a great tasting drink!  I had to try it after reading some of the other reviews.  I just have a few words of choice about this product:

- tastes great
- very little (teeny-tiny) aftertaste
- makes me hungry (unless it's psychological)

The taste makes it worth it ~