Other Digestion Medicines:
Pepcid
Pepcid Ac Tablet Maximum for Relief of Heartburn 50

Pepcid Ac Tablet Maximum for Relief of Heartburn 50

Cons

Thank Goodness for Pepcid AC!!!!

I recently developed heartburn. Usually when I eat spicy or tomato-based foods. It is horribly uncomfortable, especially at night when you are trying to sleep. When I first started having symptoms, I decided to try Tums because it is what my mother had always used. The Tums worked great--except they only alleviated the symptoms for a few hours(if that) and after they wore off the heartburn came back even worse than before. I finally decided to try Pepcid AC. I could not believe the difference. Within 20 to 30 minutes of taking the Pepcid AC, the symptoms vanished--and stayed gone! Amazing. Now I know what triggers my heartburn and can take it immediately so I don't have to suffer. While I love Pepcid AC, I do buy the generic often. It has the same effect but is much gentler on the pocketbook!

Pros--works quickly, tablets are small and easy to swallow

Cons--price. The name brand costs considerably more than the generic and the generic works just as well.

good but not fast

Pepcid is a good product. It does a great job at helping my heartburn in the long run. It cools the burn in my throat and chest area and it keeps it at bay for a long time. Unfortunately I usually wait to long to take products to help with my heartburn until it has gotten pretty bad and Pepcid does not work fast enough to give me immediatle relief. I am a busy stay at home mom (and I homeschool) so I need something to work fast. I am not able to take a daily dose of heartburn medication in the morning hours due to the thyroid medication that I am required to take every morning (the two medications interfere with each other) therefore my symptons usually get pretty bad before I am able to take medication or remember to take medication. I really would like a product that is not only fast acting but last for many hours. I can find ones that are quick and ones that are long lasting but I can never seem to find one that does both and that would be a wonder drug to me.

Works Every Time

from Palmyra, PA

Comments about Pepcid Ac Tablet Maximum for Relief of Heartburn 50:

This is the greatest product. I sometimes think I get heartburn from looking at water. And it goes in spells where I get it severely everyday. Within miunutes I have relief and relief continues for 12 hours. I keep it in my car and in my night stand so it is readily available to get help as quickly as possible. It has really improved the quality of my life.

Pepcid Provides Relief

from Greenville, PA

Comments about Pepcid Ac Tablet Maximum for Relief of Heartburn 50:

Pepcid works fast and provides relief for my worst acid indigestion. I do not hesitate to eat things that I know will cause a problem (just can't resist some) as Pepcid will be there to give me the relief I need.

Pepcid AC is a let down.

from Moreland, GA

Comments about Pepcid Ac Tablet Maximum for Relief of Heartburn 50:

Pepcid AC definitely isn't a cheap medicine, and for the price it should work really really well, but for me this doesn't do anything at all. I took it a few times and the first time I just thought that maybe I didn't give it enough time and maybe it took a little longer than some of the other medicines out there, but after a couple hours I realized that it just didn't work and wasn't going to get rid of my heartburn. This product is not effective and there are definitely better heartburn products out there that will relieve your heartburn really quickly and effectively. I do not recommend Pepcid AC to anyone looking for something to get rid of heartburn effectively. Personally I would recommend Nexium or Prilosec.

Pepcid AC Knocks Heartburn Out

from New Lisbon, WI

Comments about Pepcid Ac Tablet Maximum for Relief of Heartburn 50:

I began using Pepcid AC Max Relief while my mother was sick with cancer and undergoing chemotherapy treatments. She use to get heartburn regularly after her treatments, finally having to move on to a doctor prescribed acid/heartburn blocker. I think it was Protonix. In any case, during a particularly bad case of heartburn, I decided to put the tums aside and reach for my mother's Pepcid AC. Whoa, baby...get on that horse and ride. Knocked my heartburn out for the rest of the day. Didn't take effect immediately, took about an hour to kick in, but after that I was able to get on with my day (which at the time was taking care of my ill mother, cancer...full time job and then some. You know what I mean if you've ever had a dear one go through it. The work is nothing, an honor, glad to do it, and is nothing compared to the stress and helplessness of watching your loved one fade in front of your eyes). Alas, I ramble, but, in any event, yes, I would recommend Pepcid AC Max. It works well for me, might be different for you, but, hey, it's worth a shot. If it doesn't work for you, you can always move on to something else. If it does, giddyup...you'll be one relieved hombre. Or hombress(?). One tablet for me works all day.

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Pepcid Ac Tablet Maximum for Relief of Heartburn 50:

While Pepcid AC may not work as well as a perscription heartburn medication it sure helps me and my wallet. For a fraction of what a perscription drug would cost I can get a box of Pepcid AC that will last a month, and if I take it every day guess what? No heartburn. The only con is if you already have heartburn you will have to wait about 20 minutes for it to kick in. But, honestly, 20 minutes for a day of relief isn't much. I get hearburn every day so I take my Pepcid every day. There have been times when I have gone to the store and the shelf is literally cleaned out so other people must love it as much as I do!

Pepcid AC doesn't cure my heartburn

from Lowndesboro, AL

Comments about Pepcid Ac Tablet Maximum for Relief of Heartburn 50:

I get really bad heartburn after I eat certain things like Mexican food, pizza, taco bell is a bad one. Well pretty much anything greasy makes it act up. I have tried Pepcid AC to get rid of my heartburn but it didn't seem to do anything for it. It lightened it up a little, but not enough for it wasn't uncomfortable. It says it is supposed to last the entire day and supposed to work really fast, but it did not do what it was supposed to do for me. I still had horrible heartburn even a few hours after taking it and it didn't really ease up. I would try some of the other heartburn medicines out there. The best for me is Prilosec. That one atually does last all day as advertised and it really works. As for Pepcid AC, wasn't effective for me.

best thing out there w/out prescription

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Pepcid Ac Tablet Maximum for Relief of Heartburn 50:

Pepcid AC Tablet Maximum for Relief of Hearburn is the best over the counter medication for heartburn. It was a complete lifesaver for me. My heartburn started for me at eights weeks pregnant. I started out taking tums, however my heartburn escalated very quickly and soon the tums was not even close to helping my heartburn. I called my OB and she recommended Pepcid AC. This was a complete life saver. My heartburn would get so incredibly bad that I couldnot eat anythign after seven at night. Even drinking water would trigger my horrible horrible heartburn. I would take Pepcid AC everyday and it helped throughout most of my pregnancy. Toward the end it got really bad and then I had to actually start taking a prescrition level medication. The price of Pepcid AC is also very reasonable. I would definately recommend it to anyone and especially to pregnant women who are having issues with heartburn. It gets my two thumbs up.

Helps my heartburn

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Pepcid Ac Tablet Maximum for Relief of Heartburn 50:

I have recently found out, that I suffer from heartburn. I have gotten the burning sensation once in awhile, but I found out, that I have had it awhile, and it affects my sinuses, and such. At the time I was just taking like a bismol, after a spicey meal, but now that I was told, I should take something on a regular basis I decided to try the Pepcid Ac.

It took a few doses for me to see a difference, after I eat a spicy meal, or have that extra cup of coffee in the morning. I noticed I did not burp as much, and that burning sensation was not as intense. I like that it is in small pill form, and not like the chewable bismol, that always leaves me with that awful taste in my mouth. I am the type of person, that like to just swallow her pills quickly with a nice glass of water. Besides being easy to take, it seems to be very effective for me. If you need a quick fix, stick with bismol or tums. But if you need to take something for more of a long term thing, try Pepcid.

good but not fast

from Shelby, NC

Comments about Pepcid Ac Tablet Maximum for Relief of Heartburn 50:

Thank Goodness for Pepcid AC!!!!

from Holt, MO