Other Digestion Medicines:
Pepcid
Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets

Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets

Miracle Comfort Pill

AS with any medication you take, whether it be herbal remedies, vitamins, or over-the-counter medications, it is always wise to follow the instructions on the package and to consult with your doctor before taking anything because what you take could interfere with other medicines you are taking for a current health issue.  It could make the medicine weaker or stronger, not performing the way it needs to.  The best suggestion I have also is to make lifestyle changes so that you might be able to not use any kind of medication at all.  For example, if you have frequent heartburn, look at what foods cause you to have it.  Also, if you tend to be a big eater, you will have alot more stomach acid because your body will need to break down the food.  That can cause more stomach problems.

For years I had excessive stomach acid, but through research I learned that smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day keeps the acid down.  Also, be sure to not eat too close to bedtime or else that undigested food will keep the stomach acid churning even after you fall asleep.  Give your body at least two hours to digest the food before going to bed.  I took one antacid pill (preferably Pepcid or the generic version) about 1 hour before going to bed to help alleviate this problem of excess acid.  And it worked.  I don't take an antacid pill every day like I used to because of the changes I made in my eating habits.

But there is a warning about taking this medication for long periods of time.  You can develop early Alzheimers disease.  There are other side affects as well.  But we shouldn't learn to depend upon antacids, especially if we can make changes in our eating habits that will help us to get away from that dependency. No medication that I am aware of is side affect free.  Use common sense and heed warnings.

check with your doctor before taking for a long period

Pepcid Ac Acid Reducer is good at relieving heartburn BUT this product is an H2 Blocker. What this means is that if you take this product everyday it may destroy your platelets in your blood. This is not good. I took an acid reducer for about two years and in that time my platelet level dropped below the normal level I should have. Check with your doctor if you take this product to determin if it is not destroying the platelets in your blood.

A Family of heartburn sufferers love this!

from Vista, CA

Comments about Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets:

I have many heartburn sufferers in my family. Each one of them reach for Pepcid for relief. They all keep Pepcid on hand just in case. During family gatherings, my 2 brothers in law and my husband overeat and get serious heartburn. Luckily my mother in law always keeps Pepcid close at hand to help them feel better quick. When my husband hurts and we have no Pepcid in the house- he sends me out and this is the only medicine he will take. He will not even consider any sort of generic sustitute it has got to be Pepcid. Pepcid works fast to relief the symptoms of heartburn. It can be fairly expensive compared to other brands, but I know that the extra money is well worth it. Other products just do not work as fast as Pepcid can and Pepcid works long. It relieves the symptoms for heartburn and continues to work over night. Typically one dose will take care of it for the men in my family. I highly recommend this for anyone suffering with heartburn.

Pepcid AC Max is the only acid reducer that works every time!

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets:

I suffer terribly from GERD & Acid reflux.  Though prescribed over the counter medicines - they do not always carry through the day.  I keep a container of Pepcid AC in my office, in my pocketbook & in my medicine cabinet.  I've gotten into the habit of chewing one before I go out for dinner so that I can order what I want without fear of clutching my stomach/chest during the meal & having to "doggie bag" it!

Pepcid's awesome! I wish I knew how great when I was pregnant!!!

from Asheville, NC

Comments about Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets:

Pepcid is great.  It doesn't matter what form (chewable or pill) it works wonderfully. A bottle seems costly at first but you really only need one, so they really last a long time. I love this product. I used to have terrible heartburn and would take to much of other antacids.  With Pepcid if I have heartburn I take one and have no more heartburn for at least 24 hours. This is a wonderful product, so great that this is the first review I have every written for a product.

Works great for me...

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets:

I'm one of those who has the attitude that the least that works is best. That is my attitude when it comes to heartburn medicine. I don't want to use those 24 hour products that take days to work and then I have to stay on them if I don't have to have them. I don't like to be dependent on stuff like that. So, I have taken Pepcid off and on since it was prescription and it does the job for me. It's been around a long time so I feel more comfortable with it then I do some of the newer drugs -- I figure that it's withstood the test of time. And the shorter term I figure is safer. And it does the job for me. I've tried a comparable brand and it didn't work as well for me. And I don't think the generic works as well either. Anyway, for my purposes, it seems to help alot without the rebound of taking something stronger.  And I don't have to take it forever. And it works. What else can I say? I love the product!

The Tiny Tablet that Packs a Punch

from Miami, FL

Comments about Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets:

Pepcid AC Maximum Strength is a tiny tablet that works well on an upset stomach.  Whether you decide to take this tablet prior to dining or after a meal that has your stomach doing the 'jerk', this medicine provides rapid relief.  This pill goes beyond stomach relief; it helps to alleviate indigestion and heartburn whether it be from spicy food or gorging at the buffet tables.  If you know in advance that you might experience discomfort from the meal you are about to consume, take Pepcid AC Maximum Strength fifteen minutes prior to eating.  If an attack sneaks up on you, Pepcid will relieve your discomfort in minutes.  Many people react differently to medications; some people experience relief from certain meds, while others don't.  I have yet to hear a person claim that Pepcid has not worked for him or her.  I prefer the tablet that you swallow; there are flavored chewable tablets, but I don't like them.  I consider this tiny tablet to be a miracle drug!

Good acid relief

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets:

I have tried many over the counter medicines for heart burn and pepcid ac has worked quite well for both myself and my husband. If you take it at the first sign of having symptoms it should do the trick as well if not better than most other over the counters you'll find.

for the asian glow!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets:

now i use pepcid ac for a different reason as most people. recently, many people have been using pepcid ac before drinking. as an asian, we lack alcohol dehydrogenase, an enzyme that processes alcohol. as a result, we get the asian glow, or our face gets red. however, studies showed that pepcid ac prevented this and many people were using it before consuming alcohol. i was skeptical, but tried it with great results. make sure to take it with plenty of water and an hour or so before drinking. it does not completely mask the effects, but does a great job for the most part. pepcid ac is quite pricy though, and i haven't used it for heartburn or anything other than this. but for covering up when drinking, it's the way to go

Great for heartburn

from Carmichael, CA

Comments about Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets:

I love this product.  I've been having frequent heartburn sometimes and this works great really fast and I cans sleep well at night.  I hate trying to go to sleep with acid reflux.  This puts that fire out fast and I can rest comfortably.

Couldn't live with Pepcid while I was pregnant.

from Albion, MI

Comments about Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets:

I had never experienced acid reflux until I was pregnant.  I took I don't know how many Tums, but to no avail.  I drank Malox and everything else that was on the medication "okay" list.  I was going crazy, waking up at night with acid in my throat, even with the head of the bed raised, not eating after 7:00 pm, avoiding certain foods, etc.  Then my OB Doctor gave me the okay to try Pepcid and it worked so awesome.  I would take one right before I went to sleep and would go all night without a problem.  This worked with all three of my pregnancies.  When I would forget to take one before bed, or think maybe I could get by without one, I would always wak up a few hours later regretting it!  They were very expensive though, so I am very glad I don't need them on a regular basis.  I also tried the generic brand at the pharmacy where I shop and they ended up working just as well. So if you want to save some money, go generic!

greatful

from Kent, WA

Comments about Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Acid Reducer Tablets:

I've had to take Ibuprofen in pretty large quantities for periods of time over the years and I always develop gastritis as a result.Pepcid ac has helped me many times in relieving the stomach pain,burning and discomfort associated with gastritis.It also helped with the heartburn I had with my last pregnancy.I would recommend this product for the relief of heartburn and gastritis symptoms.

After my pregnancy I had horriable heart burn nothing would work for me even over the counter stuff.So my grandmaws reccomended this to me and I feel in love with it. It worked and worked ver good. No more heart burn for me. You cant take it too long though or too often because it can do something to your blood im not sure what but my doctor told me not to take it every day but it works well enough for me not to need it everyday. If you have bad heart burn I highly reccomend this product it will give you relief.I have replaced all my other medications with this one.