Other Digital Cameras:
Pentax
Pentax - Optio W10

Pentax - Optio W10

Waterproof - sweet....quality - not so sweet.

from Durango, CO

Comments about Pentax - Optio W10:

Easy intutitive functions. Lots of picture modes to choose from. Only takes special battery. Picture quality is lacking, but it's so cool to have a waterproof camera that will take pictures under water. Easy to upload and manage pictures. Nice small size that fits in your pocket. I am sure other brands will jump on this market soon enough.

Great pictures with a little camera

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Pentax - Optio W10:

I love our new Optio W10 camera. We do a lot of off-roading and get very dusty. When our old Olympus gave out because of the dust, we went looking for a waterproof (dustproof) camera. I like the camera's size and easy to use features, but I miss the viewfinder that the Olympus had.

Great all around camera

from Lehi, UT

Comments about Pentax - Optio W10:

I've used this for several years and love it. We are active outdoors enthusiasts doing a lot of rugged sports like slot canyoneering, caving, ice climbing etc. We needed a camera that was dust proof and water proof and durable enough to keep up with our lifestyle. My dad had owned a Pentax that survived a 200 foot fall off a cliff, and still functioned great to that convinced me to try the Pentax W10. I've been very happy with the purchase! It has held up to the beatings we've given it in all sorts of rugged adventures. Particularly canyoneering we're frequently swimming through icy cold water, and crawling through the dust and mud. The camera always worked great. I like the different modes you can put it in. It worked fine under water, and took pretty good pictures. My only complaint is when in low light, without the flash one has to hold it very still or it will take blurry pictures. But other than that, i've loved the camera. I've recently bought the newer version of this to replace my old one.

Great camera! Love it!

from Lehi, UT

Comments about Pentax - Optio W10:

We got this to replace another digital camera that broke. I knew that Pentax was a good company when a family member accidentally dropped his off of a 300 foot cliff. We also knew from this family member that it was waterproof. We do lots of adventures and needed something that would be great for those adventures. The image quality is great. From the close ups to far away. The pictures are hardly blurry. The colors are outstanding, they do not come out as faded or washed out. It worked great underwater as well. The video quality is good as well. Better than our camcorder. We bought this five years ago. It recently broke because some water got into it. Not the camera's fault, it was user error. I'm sad to see it not working and I have yet to find something that works just as great. It withstood falls. It captured great sport or moving pictures. It doesn't have a shutter delay when you push the capture button, as some of the other ones do. I love this camera and miss it.

New Toy

from Brooklyn, MD

Comments about Pentax - Optio W10:

This camera is my newest toy. It takes very high quality pictures. it is capable of both hard and soft flash. zoom even brings in pics of full moons. It takes special batteries but these last much longer than most. For people like me with large hands and fingers yes you can work the controls easy. It has so many features i thought i was at first going to get lost.   This ones really fun!!! to use.