2.3
Other Windows:
Windows
Pella
Pella Windows (All Varieties)

Pella Windows (All Varieties)

2.3

The Pella Replacement Windows adds beauty to any existing home.

My wife and I have started remodeling our home. We decided on new Pella Windows for replacing the old ones annd as part of the new addition to our home.  We have been very satisfied with the products. They offer easy tilt in design to allow cleaning them inside and out from the inside comfort of your home.  They are beautiful to look through.  The windows come with screens so on that perfect Autumn day we can raise the windows to hear the singing birds as we enjoy the cool breeze without any unwanted insects creeping in.  The only downfall to the product was installation. It was a bit tricky for us because it was the first time we tackled this type of job, but they came with concise and detailed instructions.  I recommend the product to others looking for replacement or even new construction windows.

I DO NOT recommend Pella Architect Series Windows!

I would NOT recommend Pella.  I've experienced many problems with my Pella Architect Series Windows and Doors, including cladding problems, seal failure, spotting on the glass, rotting wood among other issues.  These Pella windows and doors were installed throughout my house in 1995.  Problems with the windows began less than 10 years after installation.  Pella refuses to acknowledge these claims.  I've very interested in hearing other people's similar experiences with Pella.  If you have had these problems with Pella, please go to my website, onlinelitigationdiscovery.com and tell me your similar experience.  Thanks for your time! -A. Bailey

Beware!

from Michigan

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

Cons

• Lets Rain In
    • Wood rot!

Comments about Pella Windows (All Varieties):

Like wood rot? Like replacing windows every few years? If so, you'll love your Pella windows. Read online about the class action lawsuit against Pella's wood-rot windows.

Very disappointing!

from Westlake Village, CA

About Me Professional

Pros

• Fairly Well Known

Cons

• Quality And Service

Comments about Pella Windows (All Varieties):

I never was satisfied with my Pella sliders, but the service is really terrible.

Poor product

Comments about Pella Windows (All Varieties):

We replaced our front window and patio door with Pella products, they seemed to be OK. So, we decided to replace the rest of our windows with Pella.
        Shortly after the installation, we found our bedroom window to be defective, which caused water damage. The installation crew took out the window and tore up the wall and carpet to repair the damage.
        After a Winter here in MN I noticed a moldy discoloration in the corners or wood casement of the windows. We called our sales rep and he came out to take a look and did nothing about it, he blamed it on humidity.
        The windows all over the house continued to get worse, so we called again. Pella and the installation company came out again. They were debating whether it was a window or installation problem. Meanwhile, it has gotten cold again and I have frost all around my new windows! I don't see this happening with my friend's and family's windows! So frustrated! They are under warranty and nothing is being done!

Pella is the smart choice.

Comments about Pella Windows (All Varieties):

Pella windows are durable, cost-efficient, stylish, and functional. This brand is Quality! Everything (for our house) was insured and installed by their company with friendly and helpful workers. We received a free consultation. We had Pella windows in our last home as well and we were very pleased.

Piss poor products, customer service and performance.

Comments about Pella Windows (All Varieties):

Poorjly manufactured products that let bugs in and installed by careless, inconsiderate, distructive, messy, incompentent, unskilled, mindless manual laborers who have debased my dwelling. Damages to clothes dryer, light fixture and sink counter occurred during installation which have nothing to do with windows. Other damages included plaster and paint, marble window sills chipped and cracked.. No appologizes for inconvenience, damages, or aggravation were given. Some repairs have been done, while others go unattended and the company refuses to respond appropriately. Selected Renewal By Andersen for the rest of the windows which resulted in far superior products and no damages to dwelling.

Missing jewelry!!

Comments about Pella Windows (All Varieties):

Had a salesman come to the house and measure my upstairs bedroom windows. I made the mistake of not supervising him. Shortly after, I found that a very expensive piece of jewelry was missing! I live alone and had no visitors between the time he had been here and noticed the missing jewelry.

Don't Recommend

from Cranford, NJ

Comments about Pella Windows (All Varieties):

I spent a lot of money on my Pella Architectural Wood double-hung windows. When you clean or remove them, they often do not fit back properly and you end up scraping the sides of the window (sash). I have had to have a service technician come out quite a few times to get them back in. It very difficult to get your fingers behind the bottom window to get it to come down to clean. I also have Marvin wood windows. These are much better. They are very easy to tilt in to clean (you tilt them from the switch on the lock). They always go right back into place when you remove them or clean them. Please do all your research before purchasing windows. If you are looking for ease in cleaning and removing the windows, Pella may not be your best choice.

Love it!

from Andrews, TX

Comments about Pella Windows (All Varieties):

My wonderful fianc? bought me a new Pella storm door today and it is WONDERFUl. I installed it all on my own... Which I'm impressed with, I expected it to be much more difficult than it was to install; if it weren't for my nosy neighbor I would have had it up in the 60 min, as promised by the manufacturer. I have two labs and it warmed my heart to see them so inlove with our new door. When I move into my new home I'll be sure to use Pella products, not only were they user friendly, they made my house more a home!

Abby Sue

Andrews, TX.

24 yrs of age

:-)

The Pella Replacement Windows adds beauty to any existing home.

from Bassett, VA

Pella Windows: Get Ready to Buy Ear Plugs

from Saint Charles, IL

Comments about Pella Windows (All Varieties):

I had Pella windows installed in my sunroom in 2003 and was very happy with product and the installation. The contractor was Pella certified and did great work. In 2010, I replaced my original windows around the front and side of my home with Pella. That was a big mistake. Something has happened to the quality of the windows in the past 7 to 8 years. The sound quality of the windows is terrible. Regardless of where you live if the sound quality I have is replicated in your home you will be angry after the job is completed. You'll hear lawn mowers, airplanes and traffic noise like you've never experienced in the past. Fortunately I didn't put the windows in my bedroom, but I did put them in my home office and now I'm tormented all day long by the sound of cars driving by. The old ROW windows I had were far superior for sound. I've had Pella out to inspect the windows and they act like they can't hear any unusual amount of noise. I'm considering legal action at this point.