Other High Chairs:

Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

It's been around for years for a reason...it's worth it.

bought a Graco Double Tray highchair with my first son because it matched all the rest of his accessories. Big Mistake.I have since replaced it with the Prima Pappa and I *LOVE* it just as much as all my friends who also had one do. It is on it's 4th child now and I still love it just as much as when I bought it. This is one of those things that won't be sold off when the baby outgrows the gear.

The seat is adjustable to 7 different height positions. On the lowest position my toddler can climb up into the seat himself, which is nice. Also at that height setting I can roll him right up to the table edge and he can sit at the dining room table with us.

The vinyl seat pad is easy to clean. With dry crumbs all it takes is a flick of your hand to swipe them out. With wet messes, such as half gnawed on graham crackers, just wipe it up with a wet dish rag and it's gone.

The removable dinner tray is an excellent option.It stops food particles from getting stuck in a gap that runs the length of the tray that otherwise collects food.

The dinner tray is easily usable one handed. As long as you line up the arms with the holes it's not a big deal to hold the tray and push on the button to place the tray into the slots. I can do it while holding a wiggly, hungry 8 month old, so it can't be too complicated.

The casters are a nice feature as well. I can roll it where ever in my house and it doesn't get stuck and hasn't scratched my floors yet. I like to put the baby in it and roll it into the kitchen while I make dinner, he's occupied with toys in the chair and out from under my feet.

The five point harness is excellent, and the passive restraint is an added bonus as well. Yes, the crotch strap does tend to slide to the back of the seat, but if you pull it forward before plopping the kid in the chair it isn't a problem. The harness is sometimes hard to unlatch and I have also caught my fingers in it a couple of times while buckling, but I have the same harness on my Peg Perego strollers so it's not a big deal to use. The passive restraint bar is also a nice feature, but don't rely on it to hold your child in...toes can be something exciting to try to grab and we all know that gravity doesn't care what it is pulling to the ground as I found out. My 2 year old distracted me after setting my 8 month old in the chair and I turned around to see the baby leeeaning around the passive restraint to grab his toes and he fell out. The chair was on the lowest height setting so he only fell about 2 feet but he was scared and him and mommy both had a good cry, and he's ok.

The highchair folds up super compact for storage and is self standing when folded as well. The tray attaches to the highchair for storage so it's one neat package that takes up minimal room, it could easily be stored in a coat closet while not in use on a regular basis.

Another feature that I liked that I didn't see on many other similar (yet cheaper) models is the support bar running from the front bar leg to the back bar leg. The other models just seemed more wobbly without that added support which sealed the deal on my purchasing the Prima Pappa even more.

Peg Perego is also good about customer service. Since mine was a floor model the tray had been pushed down on too many times by people who didn't know how to work it and developed a pronounced slant. Peg Perego replaced the tray free of charge after seeing a picture of it and faxing them a copy of my receipt. They also keep stock on hand of many replacement parts such as seat pads, so if you did need to replace something it usually is available to purchase.

It's okay, if given to you for free!

I was given this highchair from a friend. I didn't pay for it, so I don't have the complaint of cost, due to the fact that I didn't pay for it. I like all the features of this chair. It does recline nicely for young babies. It is a quality product that has lasted her 2 kids and will last my last 2 children. I will probably be able to pass it along to someone else. It will last a lifetime! One hand tray removal is nice when trying to deal with kids and meals and cleanup. I only gave it three stars b/c someday someone is going to invent a highchair that has tons of good features that is EASY to clean out. I hate food collections in the seat. My cushioned pad is not a durable as the seat. To get a replacement is VERY expensive, so I haven't. Consequently I have washed mine so many times it looks hammered. Which, in my opinion, it shouldn't be that way. The more youclean it, the nicer it should look. B/c I know how to sew I am going to make serveral liners and just wash as needed. I have a plastic/leatherish one that is awful! As I wipe it down it flakes and loses the nice look of the cover... yuck! If you had to pay a lot for this, I'd pass.

Beautiful, but not practical

Comments about Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair:

This seems like a lovely high chair until your baby actually starts eating it. Then you will curse yourself for not buying a cheap one from Ikea that you can actually wash. The chair is huge and study, with lovely leather-looking padding that makes your baby look like they are sitting in an executive chair in some office. However, the padding is full of awful nooks and crannies that make it virtually impossible to wash. The padding does come off but I would not recommend this chair for an infant slinging baby mash all over the chair. You will never get it clean unless you spend forever wiping it out. I got more use out of using it as a baby seat. The five point harness, adjustable height, wheels, and soft padding made it ideal for this purpose for me. It does sort of fold closed but not really, and remains quite bulky. We did use it through three kids but only because of all the money we spent on it. I do regret buying it, it is not practical.

Pricey, but good quality

Comments about Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair:

I did a lot of research when I was looking into a high chair for my first child. I had never heard of the brand Peg Perego Prima, but I really liked the looked of the high chair. After reading several reviews I felt confident that this would be a great choice for my baby boy. As I mentioned I liked the look of the high chair, it was sleek and simple and fit in with our dining room furniture quite nice. I liked the fact that it didn't stick out and screamed I have a piece of baby furniture in my dining room. It adjusted quite easily. My son enjoyed eating his puffs in his high chair and watching a show. We were able to just roll the high chair into the living room and recline it back so he was able to view the T.V. without a problem. Obviously my son found it quite comfortable if he was willing to watch his shows in it. The cushion was soft and plush. It was also very easy to clean. All it took to clean it was a few squirts of cleaner and a sponge. The Peg Pergo Prima highchair was durable as well. All three of my children used this high chair. When my children outgrew it I gave it to a friend who has used it for her two children as well. It was a great buy and worth the money.

Perfect

from Edina, MN

Comments about Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair:

My husband and I bought this Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair for my niece for Christmas. Its fantastic! The salesclerk was very helpful and informative on how it works and how to maneuver it. We love that it can be leaned back into a different angle which is very handy for when you want to give them the bottle. It also sits upright of course and has a few different positions. It folds up very easily and relatively flat so that it is convenient for packing and traveling. It makes for easy cleanup as the seat is a soft plastic that is easy to clean. Also the table has two parts, one that is removable, so you can wash it off in the sink. The high chair also has a few different levels so you can regulate the height of the chair also. All-in-all we were quite impressed with this high chair and were very happy to purchase it for my niece.

Sturdiness
Very sturdy and hardy. It should last for years.

Safety
Very safe, that is one of the traits we were most impressed by.

• Safety:

Very comfortable high chair for your baby

Comments about Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair:

The leather seat is super comfortable for your baby. It is lightweight so it is easy to roll around. Adjustable heights for different levels. Overall a great high chair that can be used for a long time.

Sturdiness
Very secure when the baby is in it. It does not wobble or feel shaky at all. I have no worries when my child is sitting and eating in this high chair.

My son tends to get a little wild when eating so he definitely puts it to the test. He bangs on the tray, kicks off anything so he can roll around and yet this highchair does not back down.

Looks like it should be in a luxury car! The seat is a great design and the leather is wonderful.

Safety
Two shoulder straps that click into a waist buckle. Make sure shoulder straps are firmly tightened so your baby can not slip arms through. Other than that this is a very safe model.

There are lots of crevices that food tends to get into so there is so work that is involved but that comes with all cleaning. The leather seat does make it easier to wipe up spills without having to worry about stains.

• Safety:

Cute highchair, but it won't last for years.

Comments about Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair:

When I had my first daughter, I splurged on what I thought was one of the best high chairs - the Peg Perego Prima Poppa. It was so cute, so comfy, and I just loved it ... at first. After a while, though, I noticed that the high chair was very hard to clean (especially around the arm area). Food would leak down into the arms and there was no way to get it out. My cute high chair quickly turned messy and yucky. Also, after a few months, the plastic on the arm area started to crack. My daughter is VERY small for her age, so she wasn't even putting much stress on the chair. It just didn't hold up. When my second daughter came along, I stashed this high chair in the basement and went with a chair that was cleaner (and easier to clean).

• Safety:

I love this high chair...pretty and functional.

from West Palm Beach, FL

Comments about Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair:

I absolutely love this high chair.  It easily adjusts to varying heights.  It is hard for babies to climb in and out of on their own when using the straps and the bar between the legs ensures that they can't slide out underneath the tray.  I love the removable tray so that it can be easily washed at the sink. The vinyl on the chair is pretty (blends in with my house decor nicely), easy to clean and cushioning.  It is great for varying ages, baby to toddler (wonderful activity spot for coloring, etc in addition to eating).  I used the same chair for my son and was able to order a new chair cover when it was time for my daughter to use it.  The only drawback I can give is how hard it is to remove the straps in order to wash them.  It requires a screwdriver and has several spots to detach it from. As a busy mom of a messy kid, I would love to wash them more often but they just don't come off easy enough to do it as often as I'd like.  It is extremely sturdy due to a wide base.  The customer service for the company is friendly, efficient and very helpful.  After 4 years of use, it still looks brand new!

I have had to replace the cover twice over the 4 years and 2 children I used it for.

They could make it easier to clean in creases, but doable.

Good but a little bulky

from Portland, OR

Comments about Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair:

This highchair is sturdy and folds up to a smaller size to make storing it more managable. However, I have seen way more compact chairs that are equally sturdy. This is a great item if you have the room to just have it set up in your kitchen but if you want to put it away and have it out of your way I wouldn't recommend it. I live in a small apartment and have trouble finding places to put it when i'm not using it. Not only that but it is very heavy and bulky if you are trying to store it up high or move it a lot picking it up could be quite painful for a pregnant or post partum mom. I would say on a scale from 1 to 10 that it would be between 6 and 7. Quality is it's best feature, the name brand is well known and reliable however it is an inconvience for me. Great if you have the space for it. Everything is removable and washable very easy to clean.

Great asset

from Pleasant Hill, CA

Comments about Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair:

I was debating between a high chair and a booster seat and I ended up getting both for my son.  The Peg Perego Prima Pappa high chair came at a high recommendation from a few of my friends.  It did not disappoint!  I love how everything is adjustable with this high chair, the relining angle, the height, the cushion (washable), the removeable tray, etc... and the quality of this high chair is top notch, made to last.  Before my son had a chance to use it we had a toddler visiting us and we let him use the chair for the first time.  At terrible two the kid was pretty much restless the whole time, but he stayed put for as long as we needed to have a peaceful meal.  We were impressed, and so were his parents!  The chair withstood a lot of jumping and stomping and the large tray accommodated a lot of toys and finger food which kept the little guy entertained the whole time.  We were convinced that we made a good buy!

This high chair grows with your child!

from Clifton, NJ

Comments about Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair:

This high chair was very easy to assemble (took only a few minutes). It also folds up for easy storage and has wheels that you can lock so it's easy to move. The plush seat feels like soft leather and is very easy to clean. We bought the cream version. There is a safety buckle which we used when our baby was very small. The best part is that the chair leans back at different angles so when your baby is very young and before they have a lot of neck control they can still sit in it. You can then change it as they grow. The tray is also very easy to clean and the chair can be used with our without it. This chair also looks really nice with the rest of our furniture - not cheap looking at all. We used the high chair for over a year and have lent it to our friend to borrow. We will get it back for our new baby whom we are expecting in the Spring! I would and do recommend this chair to all parents!

outstanding high chair

from Hillsborough, NC

Comments about Peg Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair:

I purchased the Prima Pappa high chair for my firstborn and then eventually bought a second one after I gave birth to twins.  The high chair has adjustable height, which is convenient if you want to move it between tables of different heights.  It also has a reclining chair seat, which was awesome because I would sometimes let my babies sleep in their high chairs.  Which also illustrates how plush and comfy the high chair must have been!  The leather covers were easy to wipe clean, and the large tray contained almost all of the food mess that my babies would make.  The high chairs were also on casters so they could roll around easily.  The casters also had a locking feature for the times when you don't want the chair to move.  I would highly recommend this chair to anyone needing one.  Prima Pappa is pricier, but the quality was very good.  My only complaint was that the pad was difficult to clean sometimes (when food would fall into the crevices.)