Other Dog Foods:

Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Pedigree Large Breed Dog food?

I own 2 larger dogs. I have my beautiful female American Pitbull Terrier who is at 68 lbs and 7 years old. I also have my male American Staffordshire Bully at 130 lbs and 4 years old. We started using this brand since it is what my female was already eating when we rescued her. They said it was the only dog food she seemed to actually eat, so it's what we bought. We have used many different flavors of the pedigree adult dog line & they love all of them so far. I honestly have no complaints. The price is more then fair ( we get the 50 lb bag for around 25.00 ). They seem to love the taste & they are both extremely healthy dogs, well who are we kidding, they are not just dogs but family to us, therefore their food is important to us. I have read other reviews saying how this is not nutritional for the dog & how it is a bad evil brand but honestly, my vet says my dogs are extremely healthy and getting the nutrition they need. They both are the right size for their breed. I will keep using this brand and will recommend it to anyone who asks :)

Dog Loved it but continued use made him sick

Our yellow lab was raised eating Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food.  He loved the taste and always gobbled up his meal happily.  As he grew older, he frequently had problems with built up gas.  By the time he was 5, we ended up taking him to the Vet as he was having a lot of painful gas issues.  The Vet attributed it to the poor quality dog food he was eating.  Our little dog was not raised on Pedigree has not had such issues.  Although the dogs love the taste, I highly recommend buying a better formula dog food for the animals you love.  We have promptly switched our Lab to a new food and the problems have completely disappeared. I only feel badly that it took us so long to figure out the pain was coming from the food we were feeding him.  Although the price is right at the grocery store, it wasn't worth the price of the Vet visits and X-rays or the price of knowing all of our dog's pain could have been prevented.  If I could give it 0 stars, I would.

Pedigree Large Breed Dog food?

from Kalamazoo, Michigan

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Good Value

Cons

• Larger Dogs

Not healthy

Comments about Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food:

In my family we used Pedigree Large Breed for all of our Great Danes forever but stopped when we read the horrifying stuff they put in the dog food. This has a lot of low quality ingredients that bigger dogs are not supposed to have like grains. Our last Great Dane got really sick from this dog food suffering from the food not having enough calcium for his bones. After many tests later we found out that it was indeed from the dog food. There are not a lot of high quality ingredients in Pedigree Large Breed either so I would avoid it at all costs. But if you are on a budget and need a medium quality large breed dog food this is your best bet than a lot of the other dog food out there. There are also a lot of additives in this food that do not need to be in it that can really be unhealthy for your dog like Corn Gluten Meal, Ground Whole Wheat, Ground Whole Corn, and Brewers Rice they say they are for energy but your dog can get energy from the protein sources like Chicken By-Product Meal, and Meat and Bone Meal. In conclusion I would only use this dog food if you are on a budget and still want a decent food for your dog.

• Flavor Selection:

Do NOT buy for you loving dog!

Comments about Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food:

Pedigree is absolutely not a good dog food at all! It doesn't provide any nutrients for the dog. One of the ingredients in the dog food is corn. Dogs cannot digest corn. When picking dog food out for your dog the bag should list pork, beef, lamb, or chicken as one of the FIRST ingredients in the food. Pay attention to the ingredients. Dogs need the right nutrients for their muscles to feed off on so they then can get bigger and get fat on their bones. When feeding your pet nasty pedigree its not benefiting them at all. They can eat and eat it but their body shape is going to stay the same. Their bones will still show because the nutrients needing to benefit the dog are not in the ingredients. They lie and tell you that its healthy for your dog but really its not. There are varieties of Pedigree which is nice but overall the food is not good for your dog. We use to feed our dogs pedigree and they were staying the exact same size and even puking all the time. The minute I changed their food they started getting more beefy in their body and the puking stopped.

An ok dog food

Comments about Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food:

I used to use this dog food for my dogs. They love the flavor but I found that it took more and more food to satisfy the hunger of my dogs. The food seemed to be full of fillers and not actual meat. The food was terribly greasy. I trust this brand, but at the end of the day, it is not a high quality food. I have since started using a pricier and better quality food and have found that my dogs need less food to be satisfies. Their coats also seem shinier and healthier. I used Pedigree because the price was good, but I actually buy less dog food with the more expensive brand than I did with Pedigree.

Quality of Ingredients
    Not a terrible food for the price, but I have found other foods with a better list of ingredients.

Flavor Selection
    The wet food has many flavors, the dry dog food seems to be more limited. The dry food seems to be varied by type of dog, but not so much based on the flavor. I could be wrong though. I typically went to my bag of dog food and did not shop around. My dogs absolutely loved the food. I compare it to a kid preferring donuts to apples.

• Flavor Selection:

Great for big and small dogs

Comments about Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food:

I have been feeding my dogs Pedigree brand dog food for years. I finally switched them to this pedigree dry food when my chihuahua began to develop a sensitive stomach for the canned wet food. They love it! The dry dog food bits are small enough for both of my small dogs to chew and digest :)

Pedigree Large Breed

Comments about Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food:

I have a 110lb Great Pyrenees he loves Pedigree. I tried Blue at one point and he wouldn't even touch it. I recommend this dog food to anyone with a dog who is large enough to eat you out of house and home. A 40lb bonus bag only last about 2-3 weeks in my house so the price is a mega bonus. His breath doesn't get that weird funky smell it did with some other dog foods. He is very very active running all over 53 acres so I appreciate that it gives him the protein so that he doesn't lose lots of weight. His fur is always fluffy and soft so it works on his coat. He also has a sensitive stomach and this doesn't upset it at all. It is a great price and while the ingredients aren't the best I mix in some shredded chicken to give him some meat. Mix in some water, chicken and dog food and you have a meal any dog will enjoy. Don't pass up this dog food for the price. Also, they have coupons which is great to help cut the cost as well.

Improves the Skin and Coat of my dogs

from Kaukauna, WI

Comments about Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food:

My dogs eat the formula for skin and coat! My dogs had some
    itchy skin and this product seemed to really help with it.
    In no time that shiny silky coat came back. The dog ate the food while I brushed and cared for the dog. Both dogs seemed to like the flavors of the food quite well. I think that they would have had seconds if I would have let them.

Quality of Ingredients
    It would be better if meat was listed as the first ingredient but
    corn is listed as one of the top ingredients. Overall it did
    improve the coat and skin on my dog.

Flavor Selection
    Chicken, Beef, Lamb are some of the choices.

Pedigree Large Breed Formula: Good in Some Ways, Bad in Others

from Houston, TX

Comments about Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food:

One dog food that made a great effort to promote itself in the past as a dog food for show- winning dogs is Pedigree. The brand is popular today, thanks in part to the advertising blitz of the past and it sells a large number of varieties. One of them is specially made for larger dogs. It is called, appropriately, **Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food.**

**Dog Food Facts and Commentary:**

Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food is specially formulated for the needs of larger breeds. The product contains additional levels of Vitamins C and E along with zinc, linoleic acid, and other ingredients that cater to the needs of dogs weighing fifty pounds and up.

Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food is a dog food with multi- colored kibbles and a taste and smell that will appeal to most any dog. Your dog’s bowl won’t be full for long when you serve this brand and most dog owners need not worry that their canine friend will not get enough to eat. Dogs will eat up this food quickly and without hesitation.

A dog food made specially for larger breeds does sound like a good idea and from my knowledge of dog food ingredients, there are some beneficial things in Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food that will help larger breeds. But many of these benefits are outweighed by the inclusion of some not- so- good ingredients. Among other things, Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food is made using bone meal, which is meat byproducts not fit for human consumption and not good for a dog, along with many other ingredients that are not very beneficial to a dog’s good health. The food also contains some artificial colors to make it look nice to the people who buy it. The food is low in fat and high in carbohydrates, with an average amount of protein per serving, so it is okay in this area, but it is difficult to get past such a sub- par list of ingredients..

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food is good for taste and good for the few added ingredients made for larger breeds. But the addition of so many questionable ingredients convinces me to give this product a non- recommendation. Pedigree products are easy to find and reasonably priced, but there are much better products available for your large breed dog than this.

Quality of Ingredients
    Uses meat byproducts, artificial colors, and other undesireable ingredients.

Flavor Selection
    Dogs do like the flavors of the kibbles and will not hestitate to eat

• Flavor Selection:

pedigree large breed nutrition dry food is great

from Colton, CA

Comments about Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food:

I like the pedigree brand, I feel like I am getting good value for my pets and i feel that it is reasonably priced. I also enjoy that this food is widely available from walmarts to supermarkets to pet specialty stores. No matter where you are, if you suddenly remember you needed to get pet food, instead of shopping for another handbag at ross :-) chances are you can make the stop somewhere close and pick up the dog food and then return to window shopping. It is very convenient to have the pet food widely available. The price is different at different stores, like at the supermarket it will be a bit pricier I have noticed, than say walmart, but it is still more affordably priced than other food. Also this is the large breed dog food. Any owner with a large breed will tell you buying dog food is a pain in the ...wallet. The larger doggies go through food like that! in a snap! and before you know it , its time to buy more food, so this is well priced, and you get alot. recommended.

Great product

from Miami, FL

Comments about Pedigree Large Breed Nutrition Dry Food:

Sometimes it's hard to understand what we should feed our pets. What exactly is good for them and what is not. The correct potion of vitamins, carbohydrates and other supplements that they need. Also my dog is quite choosy when it comes to the food he eats. So I went to the store and starting finding out more about dog food. Which one would be most suitable for my dog and what would be most nutritious for him. I came across Pedigree dog food and I never had to look anywhere else again. This is ideal for him. It's the right mix of healthy and tasty food. My dog loves pedigree and it is not too expensive as well. Its very easy to store it and give it to the dog at his meal times. It is definitely the best food available for dogs and the added bonus is that they love it so you don't have to feel bad. I only wish they came out with bigger bags so I would have to make less trips to the store and it would also be easy on the wallet.