3.8
Pedigree Jumbone

Pedigree Jumbone

3.8

Perfect for on the go!

We have a local dog park and I love to take my dogs there and let them chase things and play around and practice fetching and doing other tricks. I had found that carrying three leashes and also trying to carry pouches with dog treats had been a real hassle at times and I never seemed to have enough hands. When I went to the store to buy new treats, I saw these Pedigree Jumbone treats and I thought that they were awesome because they are individually wrapped and reminded me of a granola bar, but for dogs. I liked this idea because I realized I could grab some of these and just throw them in my purse and have them with me anywhere that I go. I love having these with me and I even keep extras in there at all time to give to dogs that I see around town or to give to a homeless person who also has their dog with them. My dogs love these and they are so convenient and easy to unwrap and give them a piece of it. The dogs eat them up so fast, so they must have a great flavor and are something that they love to get when we go to the park.

Pedigree Jumbone Killed My 23 mo. old Lab

On 11/30/08 my 23 month old 100+ pound Lab was given a jumbone. He ate it very aggressively and swallowed a large piece. The piece got stuck in his lower intestines, ripping them. Our vet did exploratory surgery and returned the large piece to us. He died on 12/02/08 from the ruptured intestines. I will NEVER use this or any other treat product for my next dog. I'll stick with green beans, carrots and things the he can digest.

Jumbone is an amazing bone

Comments about Pedigree Jumbone:

The Pedigree Jumbone is one of my dogs favorite treats. I buy the large bone. My dog is a larger breed. She gets so excited when i open the package. She sees that it is a bone and starts doing her run around dance of excitement. Once i give the bone to her she disappears for an hour. She hides so no one can take her treat and no one will mess with her. When she does come out she is happy. She always has a dirty face full of crumbs she missed. It is really funny to watch her. I think the bone is great to give her as a special treat but not a everyday treat. The price is low and the quality of the product is great. She has never had a problem eating it. The bone must taste amazing to her. The Pedigree Jumbone is very easy to find in stores. It right next to other treats. The yellow packaging makes it easier to find. I would recommend the Pedigree Jumbone to anyone with a special pup in their life.

This is an okay treat with monitoring

Comments about Pedigree Jumbone:

I love the Pedigree Jumbone for a few different reasons, but I also hate the Jumbone for a few of the same reasons. First of all, it is the perfect corresponding size to each level of dog size. It is strong enough to make the dogs work to eat it, making it last a long time. The only problem is that the whole treat is comparable to about two meals. This means you will have to monitor how much your dog eats and then take it away after awhile. This is not a quality I like because I would like to give them the piece I want to give them and just be done. The treat is so hard that I cannot even break it. I had to use a cleaver to cut it and let's just say it was a rather dangerous process. My dogs absolutely love this tyreat though and it lasts them at least two hours to eat the entire bone (one each). If you are going to be away from home for a long time this could be a great treat to give your dog while you are away.

Perfect for on the go!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Pedigree Jumbone:

Suitable for adult dogs mostly

from NA

Comments about Pedigree Jumbone:

I purchased the Pedigree Jumbone Snack Food three months ago from an online shopping portal but found the price too high as the product contains very less food for the dog. The food does not contain ingredients which provide much nutritional value for the pet. Few of the product ingredients include cellulose powder, wheat flour, propylene glycol, sodium caseinate, natural poultry flavor and potassium sorbate (a preservative) which made my younger pet feel uneasy and his stomach got upset after eating the product for week. I then read the note on the packets which mentioned that the food is not suitable for dogs under 13 lbs or puppies which was an important note I missed reading earlier and after that I only fed my adult dogs with the food.

The product is priced reasonably but the quality of the food is not good for all pets. The food is easy to chew for adult dogs and this product provides approximately 32 percent of the daily energy necessary for an adult dog.

nothing jumbo about Jumbone

Comments about Pedigree Jumbone:

Pedigree Jumbones are basically ridiculous. They might be good for small or dainty dogs, but I've never had a dog these worked out for. They feel hard in the store when you pick them up, but every dog I've given one to instantly chews it up and eats it right away. It's not an actual bone, it's basically just a large, super compressed dog treat, with white layer on the outside to make it look like a "bone." They just cost too much money for the length of time and amount of enjoyment my dogs have ever gotten out of them. They also turn into a huge crumbly mess on the floor. Jumbones just seem like a really big waste of money to me. In fact almost all dog treats do. I'm tired of how much bones and treats in general cost for the short amount of time they last. Why in the heck do bones and rawhides cost as much as actual meat? You know, the kind that people eat? The dog treat market has really gotten out of hand.

Pedigree jumbobones dog treats

from Shohola, PA

Comments about Pedigree Jumbone:

My dog loves these treats. He will do anything for them. My dog Jake eats one a day and loves and has loved them for fourteen years. My other dog Tia is a seven year old chocolate lab and she loves them just as much as Jake my German short haired pointer. They are always excited to get their treats and both of them will do just about anything you want them to do for the treats. Pedigree also has other treats that my dogs enjoy just as much as the Pedigree Jumbo bone. Pedigree Jumbo bones help to keep my dogs teeth as clean as possible. As I said my older dog is over 14 years old and the vet can never believe how clean his teeth are. he has never had to have the vet clean his teeth ever. When he sees my hand go up to the top of the refridgorator he starts to get excited for he knows that his treat is coming. He sits and waits for it and if you do not give it to him he will start barking and looking up to let you know how much he wants them. Jumbo bones have always been a great treat for my dogs.

My dogs love 'em.

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Pedigree Jumbone:

My dogs love these!  They don't last that all that long with aggressive chewers but if use the plentiful coupons that seem to be in the paper they are affordable.  They are healthy and great for their teeth, although not as hard as other treats like Busy Bones.

My dog loves em!

from Erie, PA

Comments about Pedigree Jumbone:

This may very well be my dog's favorite snack! Jumbone treats are a hard chew bone that feature two parts, a hard outside layer then a softer filled center, so you get more than one flavor per treat which makes for a nice flavor variety for your pup. These are larger sized treats, which is great as my dog is a big guy, and they are pretty tuff so they'll last a good amount of time unlike most treats that are gone in a mater of seconds. They are marketed as being healthy for dog's teeth, and I'm not saying they are bad for them, but I don't really see them offering any more benefit than your typical dog biscuit does. The only real downside to these treats is that they are a little expensive, so I tend to only pick them up when they are either on sale or I have a coupon. And as I said before, they are a little large so I wouldn't consider giving them to smaller dogs, but if you have a medium to large sized dog and are looking for a new treat to give them Jumbone is worth a try!

My puppy is in love with Jumbone

from Bloomington, IN

Comments about Pedigree Jumbone:

If I would let her, my puppy would eat jumbones 24/7! It's definitely her favorite treat and I never mind getting them for her since they're pretty affordable, and there are always coupons online.  As an owner, I really like that they are relatively odorless, and they don't make a big mess when she eats them.  Just a few crumbs here or there.  From reading the back of the bag, they seem to be about as nutritious as other dog treats, and I'm glad they come in multi-packs now, saves me having to buy so many!  I also like that they are super easy to find, both at pet stores and at smaller grocery and drug stores too.  Generally, they are on sale every couple weeks so I like to stock up on them whenever I can!

My only complaint is that they don't last quite as long as other bones do.  She seems to go through them so quickly! They're a bit softer and easier to chew, though, which my puppy enjoys.  She can be rather picky so when she likes something, you can usually bet it's pretty good:)

Jumbone treats are just okay

from Palmer Lake, CO

Comments about Pedigree Jumbone:

My mother-in-law first bought these for our two dogs - they get a spa experience at her house! I cannot say that I would have tried them on my own, although I have bought them a few times since then. They look good and seem like a good idea, however my dog does not love them (and she loves almost everything). She will take the bone from me reluctantly and then go drop it somewhere and come back to the treat bin. The jumbone will eventually get eaten. It is also a large treat to give out often - and I imagine that some dogs would consume one in minutes. I prefer smaller, healthy treats (less calories and/or better nutrition) or rawhides. I usually go for Dingo bones or dried chicken tenders (for special treats). Rawhides last longer, help clean teeth, my dogs love them. I am not sure what the cost per serving would be for comparison. I might buy them occassionally if there was a new flavor rolled out.