2.8

Cons

Would Not Recommend

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

Cons

• Bad Taste
    • Did Not Work

Comments about Pedigree Healthy Joints Dry Dog Food:

My twelve-year-old Golden Retriever has had joint problems for a little over a year now. His veterinarian recommended some pretty expensive medications and treatment options so I decided to try out some cheaper dog foods with treatments in them first to see if I could save some money. After trying one dog food that did not work I decided to give it one more try and purchase the Pedigree Healthy Joints Dry Dog Food. I was really disappointed by this product. My dog would not even touch it, it sat in his bowl the whole day and I had to swap it out for his normal dog food. For the following couple of weeks I mixed it in with his normal dog food and he did eat it that way. However, I did not notice a difference in him while he was eating this. He seemed to have just as much difficulty with getting up and running as he did previously. Although this product is cheap, I would not recommend this because without mixing it my dog would not eat it and when he did it did not seem to make a difference.

Cheap food for a reason

Comments about Pedigree Healthy Joints Dry Dog Food:

This is a less than mediocre plant-based kibble using chicken by-product and meat-and-bone meals as its main sources of animal protein. The first ingredient is ground yellow corn which provides modest nutritional value to a dog at best.

Quality of Ingredients
      Chicken by product meal is made from what’s left of a slaughtered chicken after all the prime cuts have been removed. It's basically just trash they are using in dog food. There are far better foods out there for dogs.

• Flavor Selection:

Pedigree Healthy Joints Dry Dog Food My Dogs Delight!

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Pedigree Healthy Joints Dry Dog Food:

My dogs loves the Pedigree Healthy Joints Dry Dog Food and in turn has my approval as well. I have four dachshunds and all of them eat the Pedigree Healthy Joints Dry Dog Food. I think it is an easy size to chew and digest for all dog sizes. My dogs have never had any issues with tarter or unnecessary added stinky breath from the dog food. Pedigree is always reasonably priced which makes it a great value for any budget. I don't believe that the quality of ingredients is as great compared to the natural pet food, but when my dogs were puppies they always preferred Pedigree.

Quality of Ingredients
      I think the quality of ingredients are good. They aren't to the caliber of the natural pet foods on the market, but I believe the price shows that. Nonetheless, my dogs love pedigree so it has to taste pretty yummy to them.

Flavor Selection
      Pedigree has different options, but there is only one flavor option for the Pedigree Healthy Joints Dog Food.

Really Works!!

from Shamokin, PA

Comments about Pedigree Healthy Joints Dry Dog Food:

When our senior dog, Sadie, started slowing down, we could tell her joints were bothering her. Rather than adding a supplement to her diet, I searched for a dog food that would already have the benefits in it. The only one that even had a special food for joints was Pedigree, so I purchased one bag, to see if Sadie would eat it. Well, we didn't have to worry about that, she loved the taste! Within one week, we could see a difference in our beloved dog. She was more playful, more active and you could tell she wasn't in as much pains as before. I'm not trying to say that this a miracle food, but it really does work in helping relieve some of the joint pain. Our Sadie is true testament to that! I would recommend this food to anyone that has a doggie that is experiencing joint pain!
      Update: Although my dog still experiences joint problems, it does seem as though she isn't in pain as often. I still purchase Pedigree Joint Formula for her in an attempt to keep her going for as long as I can.