Other Dog Foods:

Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

This dog food is wonderful for small dogs!!!

I've tried different dog foods for small dogs, so many I've lost count. This one is simply the best, my little dog loves it so much. It's a lot cheaper than some other brands as well and the bag will last me about a month for my one small dog, so it's very cost effective. I've stuck with this brand now for her and have ended my search for what she likes to eat and what goes best for my buck.

My mother-in-law babysat our dog when me and my husband went on vacation. We left some of the food with her. She has the same small breed dog that we have and her dog was trying to eat up the food we left with her and ignored her other food completely. So she's now getting this food as well for her dog.

You don't want to know what they REALLY put in this food!

Unless dog food is FDA certified for human consumption and only contains specific ingredients, I will not use it. In fact, there is only one brand I will feed my dog. Products like this are filled will carcinogens and indigestible filler that has been proven to shorten your dogs life. Most dogs should live two times what they do. These chemicals are preservatives. This type of cheap food is mass produced and stored in hot semi trucks for over a year and then shipped to pet stores where it is again stored. The shelf life of these little rocks are years.The ingredient list is very tricky to read too. There are only specific words that can be used when the manufacturer puts in quality meat. All other *meats *can be **ANYTHING**. Early on, they used horse meat and grain fillers and that was bad enough. But now the *meat* that is nourishing your dog is doing any but that. The following are a few examples of what dog food manufacturers can legally call *meat*.-   chicken bones and necks-   feathers-   animal hides-   duck bills-   cartilage and tissue-   cows that have been deemed sick and not fit for human consumption-   cows with any number of diseases-   dead livestock-   animals given drugs, hormones and antibiotics right up to their death or time of                      slaughter-   roadkill-   pets-like cat and dogs- who have been euthanized and the owners have not made any         after life plans for the bodies. -    euthanized animals not only have the drugs from the euthanasia in them but, most of the      time, other potent drugs.Unfortunately, this is just the beginning.After switching my dog and any cats that come to me over to human grade super premium food, my dog stopped having the early stages of bloat and has no more diarrhea. He (almost) completely stopped begging for food. His energy has shot up, his coat is gorgeous and as a dog whose teeth were covered with plaque within five mos of his cleanings (and w/ daily brushing) I was shocked to see puppy-white teeth mos. later.I rescue cats who are typically adoptable and who have been abused, so many also come with health problems. Switching their food helped too! One's serious asthma is almost gone, another with bad allergies like i have never seen before is actually getting better, Skin problems have healed. It is amazing!

Love this

from TN

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Smaller Dogs

Comments about Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food:

Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small a Crunchy Bites dry dog food is a great product. I have three small dogs, one of which is pretty tiny. She has a very hard time eating the same foods as the other two dogs because her mouth is so small. I bought this dog food hoping the smaller pieces would make it easier for her to eat. It worked. This dog food was very easy for her to eat and actually enjoy. All three of my dogs seem to love this food and I have noticed their energy levels are way higher when eating this food. Another good thing about the food is it has reqlly helped their coats. One of my dogs had a problem with her hair falling out and after a steady diet with this food it has really grown. I am pleased with this product and would absolutely recommend it to other dog owners.

Great!

Comments about Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food:

This is the dog food we currently have our dog on. I switched to this dry dog food because the pieces are smaller and easier for her to chew and swallow. She loves the taste of it, she gulps it right down without even swallowing. Pugs sometimes can struggle with allergies, but she has not had any reactions on her skin or fur to this dog food. I feel like the reason for this is because Pedigree uses good quality ingredients so we do not have to worry about her having a problem with allergies when eating this dog food. This dog food also makes her coat nice and shiny, making her look very healthy. Our pug has struggled with her weight, but since dropping it we have been able to have her maintain her weight just fine on this dog food because we portion out what she eats (we feed her morning and night). Overall I would recommend this to any dog owner who has a smaller bread or a dog who has dental issues who needs a smaller bite to help them eat.

Great brand!

Comments about Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food:

I buy Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition for my dog when the store is out of the small breed formula, which is my preference. However, my dog seems to like them equally. I prefer the small breed formula simply because the pieces are smaller. I can't tel much difference between the two other than the actual size of the pices of food. My dog is almost 13 years old and is somewhat picky, but he'll eat both formulas without any problem.

For me, one of the best things about Pedigree is the zip top bag. It makes it much easier for me to get the food out and keep it fresh without having to worry it will go stale.

Quality of Ingredients
    Pedigree is one of the best "middle of the road" brands as far as I'm concerned. The quality of ingredients is probably higher than anything else in the same price range but not as good as some of the very expensive brands. I've only ever used the "middle" brands for my dog, and he is now almost 13 years old, so I think the quality is fine.

Flavor Selection
    As far as I know, there aren't other flavors available in the adult brand.

Quality Dog Food at a Reasonable Price

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food:

I work with a rescue organization for Airedale, Irish, and Wire-Haired Fox Terriers and Schnauzers in the Central FL area and feed both my adopted "kids" and the foster "kids" Pedigree small bites. I like the size of this kibble, particularly for the smaller - Wire-Haired Fox and Irish terriers -- dogs, but also for the larger ones too. I feel that the smaller chunks digest better in dogs who are gulpers instead of chewers. I'm sure this is m own gut feeling, but to me, it seems to reduce some discomfort the dogs would typically have following gulping a bowl of much chunkier lumps of chow.

Feedign strictly Pedigree, I notice my dogs quickly adjust either up or down to pretty much the perfect weight for their size and build. I free feed with a self dispensing feeder and have 6 dogs currently sharing a feeder that holds 25+ pounds of kibble, yet I've seen rescues who were starving put on weight and become picture perfect, while other supposed "chow hounds" known for eating anything and everything have actually slimmed down becoming the appropriate size/weight.

So far, I haven't come across a finicky eater who wouldn't give the Pedigree a chance, so my assumption is that it tastes good to the dogs.

• Flavor Selection:

Good kibble for a decent price

Comments about Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food:

If you cannot afford Blue Buffalo or Taste of the Wild grain free food, this is a good compromise. This is what they feed at our local shelter, where we adopted our dog, and this is what he eats when times are lean. Our dog Ben has no problem scarfing down any food we offer him, but he does like the small bites of the Pedigree food. I definitely prefer this food to say Iams or Eukanuba which often have recalls for spoiled ingredients. Not sure I believe the claim it can add years onto your dog's life, but it does keep our Ben active and happy. Watch carefully how much your dog consumes however, since servings sizes 'seem' low. If you over feed your dog will gain weight quickly!

Quality of Ingredients
    While not as good as the grain free options, or feeding raw, it is good for a low budget dog food.

Flavor Selection
    Our dog Ben seems to love the taste of Pedigree dog food, although I won't be trying any! There isn't any different 'flavors' of food, just one bag that covers everything.

Our dogs' favorite food

Comments about Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food:

We've tried any number of dog foods, including several that were more expensive than the Pedigree. They often made our dogs sick, or gave them the nastiest smelling gas you could have ever smelled. They love the Pedigree dry food, it's actually not all that expensive, they are as healthy as they've ever been, and we like the additional bonus that a portion of Pedigree profits goes towards programs to help homeless dogs find new homes.

Quality of Ingredients
    Other dog foods we've had our four dogs on, including some more expensive "premium" brands, gave our dogs the most rancid gas. Pedigree has never given us those sorts of problems, and yet our dogs are as healthy as can be with lots of vitality and nice, smooth and shiny coats.

Flavor Selection
    We've had four dogs on Pedigree and they eat it up like crazy. We've tried other dog foods, including some "premium" brands that cost much more, and they didn't like them nearly as much.

More than just dog food

Comments about Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food:

This dog food makes a nice gravy when water is added. In addition, our dog loves a little table scraps (for example left over salad) and it seems to be the special treat each and every time. This product is always fresh, easy to manage (bag strength, ease of opening, etc.). The pricing of this food and the health of our pet seem comparable to premium dog foods often twice the price!

Quality of Ingredients
    Excellent. Our dog is in great shape and is healthy for her age. She appears to love the dog food. Further, it appears to stay fresh for long periods of time.

Food My Dog Loves!

Comments about Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food:

I adopted an adult black lab and it began losing weight and was scratching himself sore in spots. I have a friend who works at a pet store and he recommended switching dog foods to see if that would help. He recommended Pedigree complete nutrition. He said it could help with the overall health of my dog. I tried it and within a few days to a week I had already noticed a difference in him. He was more active and gaining weight. After a couple of weeks his sore spots were gone as well. I don't know if it was his previous dog food or just wasn't getting all the nutrition he needed, but now the only dog food I will give him is Pedigree.

Quality of Ingredients
    I'm not a label reader so I don't pay attention to what's in it but I've seen the results and I know he's getting quality ingredients with his Pedigree dog food.

Flavor Selection
    There only needs to be one flavor selection because my dog loves the food I give him and he eats as soon as his bowl hits the floor. He's healthy, active, and doing great and all the credit is due to his Pedigree dog food.

Our dogs love this food

from Texas

Comments about Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food:

I have two small Dachshund dogs both around 15 pounds at home. One of my dogs is very picky while the other will eat almost anything in sight. That being said, they both love the flavor of this Pedigree Adult complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food. The food is very easy for them to eat as well due to the small crunchy bites. They sometimes have a hard time eating the larger bite dog foods. We were feeding them this food for a little while until they started to put on to much weight and we searched for a better weight maintenance food. One thing we always loved about this dog food is it's very affordable. That's why we still will grab a bag of this food from time to time when we are tight on money. I also like that you can buy this dog food in several different sized bags. This comes in handy when I just want to grab a very small bag to store in a smaller place at home and not spend much money.

Flavor Selection
    Our dogs love the flavor of this food.

My dog loves it!

Comments about Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition Small Crunchy Bites Dry Food:

I started our german shepherd off on pedigree puppy as that was the brand the breeders had given him and a sample bag that came with our purchase. We continued as he grew and now have him on pedigree adult, we have tried other brands as a more convenient route if they didnt have the pedigree brand at a store we visited and he didnt seem interested in anything else. I recommend pedigree adult for any adult dog, it provides our dog the energy he needs along with a healthy look inside and out!