Other Dog Foods:
20267114
Pedigree Adult Canned Food

Pedigree Adult Canned Food

My Dogs Have Grown Huge Since Switching

I'm not sure why but my dogs seem to grow tired of the same food within a few months. I adopted a brother and sister boxer puppies around 6 months ago.I am familiar with boxers and this couple are a handful. I noticed where my girl "Baby" wasn't getting as big as her brother "Boss Boy" so I started adding canned food with their dry dog food. It's been 3 months since I did this and now she's bigger than her brother! I've used mostly Pedigree Adult canned food to mix with, because they love it. Their coats are shiny, and it doesn't cause them to have abnormal stool. I buy it in bulk because I feel like I'm getting a better value for my money. I may keep switching their dry food, I know I don't like the same thing everyday, but I'll stick with Pedigree, it's a well known brand that my dogs absolutely love!

Mold in can

We have three dogs and when one was diagnosed with Diabetes we searched labels for a better brand of canned dog food. We chose Pedigree. At first they all ate it up but as the weeks went by they started to get finicky ...ok ... dogs do that, so no biggie. BUT today I opened up a can of Ground Dinner BEEF,Bacon and Cheese and when I started spooning into their bowls I saw something white. I examined it and it was like a flat white circle, the size of a quarter with a dime size green spot in the middle. It was mold. I looked in the can and halfway down along the side of the can between the can and the food was More white and green mold. I called the 800 number and that was a joke. *Sorry we are with another customer right now ... press 4 to leave a general message ... press five for our directory. I pressed five and was asked for the name of who I apparently wanted to talk to ... huh!
Redialed and this time I pressed the # key which was an option for further help ... that just repeated the message over and quickly after the message the robot says thank you goodbye and hangs up. What can you do now a days ... Recall after Recall and even people food isn't being tested properly. Quality control is a thing of the past and cutting corners to grab the fast buck is the norm. What a wonderful world we live in.

Easily Digestble For Adult Dogs

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Digest
  • Good Value

• Larger Dogs

Comments about Pedigree Adult Canned Food:

I started buying the full sized cans of Pedigree when my neighbor offered to take a couple of my adult dogs on long afternoon walks. He started complaining that they were running out of energy and suggested that I try a canned wet dog food mid-morning. At first they weren't all that into the taste or smell of it but they have always had issues with switching foods, if I don't do it over a week or so they don't adjust all that well to it.

Now that it's summer again they are going for longer walks with my neighbor as well as going to the dog park when they have "Big Dog Days". I like that Pedigree has a lot of different products including a dry bagged version. I will continue to buy the cans when I see them on sale but I can't guarantee that your canine is going to love each and ever flavor so don't go crazy and buy 10 cans of each flavor when you see them on sale.

My Dogs Have Grown Huge Since Switching

from Va

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Adds Healthy Weight
    • Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Good Value
    • Improves Coat
    • Nutritional
    • Tasty

• Active Dogs
      • Larger Dogs

My Dog's Favorite Meal

from Texas City, TEXAS

Comments about Pedigree Adult Canned Food:

My dog goes crazy for all the Pedigree Canned Food the minute she hears the top open. My local grocery store has about six or seven various flavors to choose from and they are very affordable. The only thing that I do not like about this product is the smell. This is one of the smelliest dog foods I have ever bought. Even after my dog is done eating, I can still smell it throughout the house.

Quality of Ingredients
      The ingredients all seem to be of great quality and fairly healthy. Some of the flavors include rice, cheese, and other ingredients that my dog goes crazy over. We have not bought one flavor that she hasn't liked yet. I have tried other canned foods, but Pedigree is her favorite.

Flavor Selection
      My dog loves all the different flavors that Pedigree has in the can. I also like that I can buy in a variety pack to change the flavor up every few days. This product is easy to find in most grocery and pet supply stores.

Not Good Ingredients

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Pedigree Adult Canned Food:

I used to buy Pedigree canned dog food for my dog all the time until I found out how much garbage companies put in their dog food. One of the ingredients in this food is meat by-product, which is non-rendered, clean parts, other than meat, derived from slaughtered mammals. You could only imagine what ingredients those could be. It's disgusting ingredients and not something I will feed any of my animals. I will no longer buy this or any other food that chooses to put nasty ingredients in their dog food.

Quality of Ingredients
      The quality of ingredients in this food are very poor, table scraps would be better for a dog than this junk. If you cannot afford better food, that's understandable, but just know what they put in their food. Also, in my opinion, these companies can make food affordable without putting garbage in it, like most American companies they care more about money than quality.

Flavor Selection
      My dog used to really like pedigree canned dog food, but he didn't know what he was eating. Since he's a dog even if he knew I'm sure he would care anyway.

• Flavor Selection:

always have some on hand

Comments about Pedigree Adult Canned Food:

I love Pedigree Adult canned dog food and I always have some stashed away for a rainy day. I usually give them as treats for dinner when my dog has been good. They never give her an upset stomach, so I can give them to her once in awhile and it does not bother her digestion. She can eat a ton of it, but is always full at the end for the whole night/day. There are many flavors which is great so that I can switch it up and make it interesting. I also frequently use half of the can and split it between both my dogs. There are such a great price it is always worth the money. The food is great quality and from a brand I trust. I also like that it is a wet dog food because it makes my dog slow down and eat rather than just inhale the food in one bite. It is harder to get out of the bowl which makes them slow down their eating. I would recommend having some of these in your pantry at all times.

Good for special occasions

from Utah

Comments about Pedigree Adult Canned Food:

As our dog has grown from a puppy to adulthood, we began to transition her from puppy food to adult dog food. We typically give her dry dog food since it is better for her dental health. But she loves this kind of canned wet food, so we give it to her for special occasions and treats. I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use because it can build up in their teeth and cause things like cavities, but for occasional use, it's not bad.

Quality of Ingredients
      The ingredients in these cans is extremely high quality. It satisfies our dog's hunger as well as gives her the strength and energy she needs for each day. Other brands of food that we have tried seem to pass through her without giving much nutritional benefit, and she ends up needing to eat more to get the nutrition that she needs. But this Pedigree canned food satisfies her need with much less food. In the long run, I think the quality of the ingredients have saved us money by causing us to buy less good, even though the food costs a little more in the first place.

Fantastic

from Empire, AL

Comments about Pedigree Adult Canned Food:

I started my puppy out on Pedigree canned food when he was just 5 weeks old. I couldn’t help notice how many flavors they had. Beef Stew, Chopped Chicken, Chicken and Rice. The list is never ending. However, when the price went up I switched to a different brand. I regretted it within a week. My puppy started having an upset stomach and his skin broke out. A friend told me he could have an allergy to wheat or corn. I searched for dog food with no grains and was shocked at the price. I decided to give Pedigree another try and his skin started clearing up. While some cans of the Pedigree have wheat and wheat gluten (such as the beef stew flavor), others such as the chicken and rice do not. I purchase only the varieties that do not have what or wheat gluten and he seems to be doing fine now. I am impressed with the quality of ingredients of the Pedigree wet food. I do however wish they would have more of a grain free variety, as those that do not contain wheat do contain vegetable oil or rich which can be harsh on his skin,

awesome treat

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Pedigree Adult Canned Food:

Pedigree Adult Canned Food is an awesome treat for your dog. I like to give it to them every once in awhile because of the great flavors they offer or just for a special occasion. I would not give it to my two dogs for everyday food, just because of the price. However, if you have the money to spend on it, why not? I also think it is great for older dogs who have little or no teeth left or have sensitivity as they they have to do so little chewing with this food. Its great to mix with their dry dog food as well if you want to add a little more flavor or moisture to it. I have a Golden Retriever and a Bulldog and they are not picky eaters, but when I give them a treat like this, they are ecstatic! Its a great product as well as the rest of Pedigree products on the market.

Quality of Ingredients
      Great ingredients, Pedigree is high quality and you do not have to doubt they are giving you the best.

Flavor Selection
      Flavor selection is great, although I would love it if they added a few more!

• Flavor Selection:

My dog loves this food, plus it is usually one of the cheapest!

Comments about Pedigree Adult Canned Food:

I don't usually feed wet food to my dog, but when I do, my dog loves Pedigree. They usually have great deals at the grocery stores. There is also great variety in texture and flavor. Though my dog isn't picky, I know some that are, and those dogs tend not to like Pedigree for some reason. Also, it is not the food for pets with sensitive stomaches. Overall , a great product with a price to match.

My Dog Loves This!

from Hartford, CT

My Chihuahua loves this!

I know, a Chihuahua eating a giant can of food like this sounds odd. I actually give him a third of a can for breakfast and a third for dinner.

The food is a nice consistency with a smooth texture and very few large chunks so it is very easy for tiny mouths to chew, although if it is cold from the refrigerator I do microwave it for about ten seconds to make it easier to eat. There is no gravy, it is more of a pate, so it can be a bit on the drier side.

There are several different flavor options available for any preference, including various beef and chicken incarnations. My dog is partial to the beef.

The ingredients are solid, although not what one could really consider premium, so this is a great middle of the road option. It has essential nutrition at a reasonable price and is available at most grocery and big box stores, as well as online.

I definitely recommend this and my Chihuahua heartily agrees!