2.7
Grooming Supplies, Nail Clippers
Pedi Paws

Pedi Paws

2.7

Pedi Paws in a wonderful tool

I bought the Pedi Paws hoping to lover the instances of my husband or I getting scratched after a nail clipping.  We first used it right after trimming nails, thinking we could smooth out the nail.  It did not work good for this but a week afterwards we used it and it shortened the nails without pain and it was smooth!!!  The girls didn't care for it at first but have gotten better the more it is used.  The "C" sized batteries seemed excessive at first but they seem to work well and the noise is low so the girls aren't scared of it.  I haven't needed to buy the replacement heads for the Pedi Paws yet but I have found them in a store for cheaper than the mail in pice so I am sure that we will be buying more soon!!

not good for long haired dogs

I tried the Petipaws about six months ago. I have a little Havanese that  is very nervous about having her nails cut, and has been quicked several times by her groomer. Maybe because of this, she was not able to tolerate the noise while using the petipaws, though i think she would have come around with time and patience. The biggest problem for me was the long hair around her legs. During the first try, she squirmed around, and her hair got tangled in the mechanism. I had to cut the hair off her lower leg to free her, and it was an ordeal I would not wish on anyone.I gave it to my daughter to try on her beagle and five cats. It seemed to work fine on the dog, who is very easy going and has no problem clipping her nails. But the cats were a different story. It was fine on the short haired ones, and was not too loud to make them nervous, but had the same trouble with the long haired cats as with my dog, too easy to get the hair caught in the mechanism. While i still think it is a better idea to file than cut the nails, the Petipaws is not for long haired pets.

Complete waste of money.

from Florida

Comments about Pedi Paws:

I was getting tired of trying to wrestle two large dogs to the ground to try to clip their nails with dog clippers and taking them to the groomer so that they can cut their nails for me was frankly too expensive so I purchased a Pedi Paws to try to combat the nails with it.

I was so let down when I used it the first time. It didn't do anything. It just simply didn't help the nails at all. The filing or sanding device didn't do anything, I tried to get it to make some sort of progress at all.

The device is kind of bulky making it hard to hold. Its also cheaply made. The little cap that is on the top part broke very easily, the button sticks and is hard to switch from on to off and back again.

I have never had any success with this doing what it is advertised to do. It has never once been helpful or successful in filing the dogs nails.

I would not recommend this product as it did nothing that I bought it to do.

Good Grooming Device for Nails

Comments about Pedi Paws:

I had purchased the Pedi Paws nail grinder to help keep my boss' dog's nails down to a comfortable level. The set comes with the battery-operated unit and several of the sandpaper wheels that actually do the grinding. The unit has a cap with a hole in the side where you place the dog's nail and the sandpaper wheel grinds the nail down. You do have to be careful not to grind too far down as you can injure the nail's quick. It worked very well on Riley (although he wasn't thrilled with the noise - it is pretty noisy); however the real bonus was how well it worked on my own toenails! I unfortunately suffer from a fungal infection of the toenails which causes them to thicken and discolor (unpleasant subject, I know.) I used the Pedi Paws to grind down the thickened nails by running it gently over the entire nail over and over (I removed the cap, of course, so that the sandpaper wheel was fully exposed). And it worked beautifully - afterwards the toenails were of normal thickness and most of the discoloration was gone. I use the Pedi Paws about once a month on my toenails and it really does keep them looking and feeling better (the thickening of the nails can be uncomfortable when wearing shoes). It's much quicker and easier than using a plain emery board.

Don't waste your money.

Comments about Pedi Paws:

I already have a regular nail clipper for my large dog but have been way too afraid to use it -- cutting their nails is scary! So as everyone else, this looked like the perfect product for me to trim them down a bit if I couldn't afford a vet visit.
First off, this was a product my dog would refuse to get used to. Usually it takes a week for him to get used to new products that I use on him and he'll be fine but he was not okay about this product. It's a bit loud (especially in use) so I could see why he was so afraid of it.
When I finally got him to calm down while the product was on, he wouldn't really stay in one position, and to get one nail done takes quite awhile. His nails were a bit long so it took 15-20 minutes for one to be done. He wouldn't stop fidgeting the whole time which led me to believe I might be hurting him so I stopped after one nail (not like a dog has the patience to sit still for an hour per paw anyway!).

Do yourself a favor and spend the money that you would to buy this useless product and take it to a professional who will cut your dog's nails easily, quickly, and hassle free.

Don't waste your money

Comments about Pedi Paws:

If you are looking for a way to easily and quickly file your pet's nails at home, this is NOT the product you want. I am a professional pet groomer and in my experience, plus the testimonials of many of my clients, the pedi paws nail grinder is not worth the money. For one, it claims to be quiet so as not to scare your pet, but in my opinion it is no quieter than any other nail grinder and is obviously louder than a simple nail clipper. Second, the motor is not all that powerful and it takes longer than other nail grinders to get the job done. I guess one positive to this is that the pedi paws doesn't go fast enough to get really hot like some other grinders, which can be very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing and grind too far and reach the quick (the nerve and blood supply to the nail.) I suppose if you just wanted to round the edges after cutting your let's nails then pedi paws might be ok, but honestly there are cheaper grinders out there if that's your goal.

not such a great thing

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Pedi Paws:

I loved the idea of this for my pet. To be able to trim my dog's nails without it upsetting him or him fighting because I always worry about clipping too close and causing my animal to bleed. He may be an animal, but he is very much a family member and I no more wanted to scare him with clipping his nails then I would my children. However, the sound of this product scared my dog to where he would go run and hide and refuse to come near it. I ended up giving it away because we simply could not use it in my house. My dog hated it with a passion and it scared him as well. That is saying a lot when my dog is brave with the vacuum and other noises, even fireworks but something about this mechanical sound of this item just made him go nutty. I wish that they could make this product WITHOUT it sounding electronic because then maybe my dog would give me a chance to use it but until they manage to lower the sound or change the way it sounds, this product is absolutely 100% useless to me and my family. What a disappointment!!!!!

Not the best for Skiddish Dogs!

Comments about Pedi Paws:

This dog grooming tool accomplishes its purpose; it can successfully file your pets nails in between trips to a professional groomer. It's also relatively inexpensive and battery operated, so it doesn't require extension cords or electrical outlets.

That said, the grinding noise that it makes lowered its value for me. It sounds like the dentist preparing to fill a cavity or someone running his nails down a chalkboard very slowly. It was difficult for me to listen to, and my normally bold 50-lb boxer mix is scared to death of it. We have tried three or four times to use this on him, and both my husband and I have had to restrain him because he's so scared. We haven't gotten more than two or three nails done each of those times, and it's not an operator error; he freaks out as soon as we turn it on, and the vet says he has no issue getting his nails clipped.

It's worth the money if you have an even-tempered dog. If not, you should probably pass.

A great idea

Comments about Pedi Paws:

I have two dogs and hardwood floors so their nails have really been an issue. I bought the Pedi Paws nail trimmer because I had saw it on tv and thought it was a great idea. However, it is a lot harder to use then it looks because even though I love it my dogs don't. It is extremely hard for me to get them to hold still. I guess they don't like the feel or the sound of the wheel grinding against their nails.

Best 10 bucks I ever spent.

from Costa Mesa, CA

Comments about Pedi Paws:

When I rescued my dog from death row t the pound he was pretty much terrified of everything. Including nail clippers. I tried every trick there was, including giving him those "calming" pills they sell at the pet supply place and nothing worked. On a whim I picked up a pedi paws at target thinking if this didn't work it would be vet visits for trims for life, but this worked wonderfully! By the 3rd use he went from attacking and biting me hard enough to break skin to laying on his back and falling asleep! It eats up batteries pretty quick, but the stress it saves is worth it's weight in gold.

Pedi Paws is definitely not easy to use

from Cody, WY

Comments about Pedi Paws:

Pedi Paws is not easy to use and it feels as though the dog's nail will be drawn back into the file.

Maybe I am not using it right but who can tell since there are no substantial instructions. (What video?)

My little chihuahua is afraid of nail clippers and the clippers leave rough edges that must be filed. I thought this would be the answer to all my problems since it looks soooo wonderful on television but he is even more afraid of this and it takes longer than the clippers.

Color me unimpressed!

PediPaws saved me & my Gizmo

from Epsom, NH

Comments about Pedi Paws:

I have always trimmed my dogs claws... I can't afford to pay the groomer every week. With all my dogs it has been a Greco/Roman wrestling match to trim their nails. I have always had good luck with the cats. They never get up on the counters. never claw the furniture, & use only the cat perches & scratcher that are theirs. I expect them to respect my stuff, so I am very careful to respect their stuff. So they take care of their own claw maintaince. The dogs however, are another story. I put off getting the PediPaws because of all the bad reviews... I finally gave in, & I am so glad I did. I did just one nail, just a little bit. Then gave him a treat. A little bit later I just stuck a different toe nail in just a little bit & gave him a treat. I kept doing this until he lay quiet. Then I did all his front toes to completion, & gave him a treat. Waited a bit & did all his back toes, & gave him a hug & a snuggle instead of a treat. No more westling matches, & it is so much safer than snipping, He has black nails so you can't see the quick.