2.7

2.7

Pros

Cons

Great service

I hve been a paypal user since 1999.. never had any problems using their mastercard in internet transactions or thru my local grocery store., Paypal is accepted where ever you see a master card logo.   you can also fund your paypal acct thru your own credit card as the company is easy to use online

Find a better card!!

I've had the Paypal Plus Mastercard since August 2006, and finally had enough of their games! I canceled it this morning.  First, I have great credit, and about 6 months ago they dropped my limit form $3500 to $1310. No big deal, but $3500 was my lowest limit credit card anyways.  Why do I need a card with a $1310 limit.  Secondly, I've never been late, or anything and they have an insanely high interest rate; 21.24%.  I thought it was 18%, which I wasn't happy about, but come on! 21%!! What a rip off!!!

good and safe card

from eloued, algeria

Comments about PayPal - Plus MasterCard:

i dont have this card for a long time, but i guess it is a very good card. You can use it for small businessand it will help you very well.And i think that the customer service is very good because they are always friendly and willing to help if you have any issue.
Paypal is a great company.

Great card with extra cash back bonuses

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about PayPal - Plus MasterCard:

I applied for this card when I started using paypal over two years ago. I use paypal for my small business and thought this card would help when I needed a bit of extra time to carry receivables. This card has a lower interest rate and offers many cash back bonuses. I like the monthly statement emails that sorts all of my monthly charges into categories, and the added cash back bonuses. The customer service is great and they are always friendly and willing to help if I have an issue. I also like that I can link my paypal account directly to this card so I can see both balances at the same time. Paypal is a great company and I feel my personal information is secure with them.

Customer Service
I have only had to call customer service a few times, and they were very friendly and helpful. The website has a lot of information without having to call directly.

Available Rates
The rates are not the lowest in the credit card market, but they are comparable.

Paypal Mastercard

Comments about PayPal - Plus MasterCard:

So this Mastercard is linked to your Paypal and you can only use it if you have funds in your paypal or have it linked to a bank account. It is not a normal credit card that you can just charge on and carry a balance. I really like that aspect of it since you can avoid going into massive amounts of credit card debt. One thing I do not like about this card is that they charge you to use it which I find ridiculous. You have to pay a fee every single month which over time adds up. I would much rather use a debit card that is fee free.

Customer Service
They are okay. Helpful but hard to understand since you are calling a call center out of country. You can always request to be transferred to the United States so you can have someone who speaks better.

Available Rates
There is no interest rate since you can not carry a balance on this card. There is however a $4.95 monthly fee just to use it. I find this fee unnecessary since it is pulling funds from your Paypal account. No bank needs to process the money or approve anything. They should really consider removing this, more people would probably use the card then.

Easy and Convenient

Comments about PayPal - Plus MasterCard:

I have been using the PayPal Plus Plus Mastercard for about six years now. I do quite a bit of selling on Ebay and have found that this card is the easiest and fastest way to get paid. I usually request payment and within the next business day, my funds are available for use. I like that I can use the card anywhere that Mastercard is accepted and without hassle. I have even been able to pay some of my bills online with no problems. The fees associated with this card are very reasonable. I have only had to contact the customer service department once but was very pleased with the service that I was given. The representative was very helpful and courteous. She was able to answer fix the problem immediately and without any problems. I will most definitely keep using the PayPal Plus Mastercard and would like to recommend that anyone looking for a simple card to apply.

I Love My PayPal MasterCard

from Hartford, CT

Comments about PayPal - Plus MasterCard:

I've been a PayPal member for many years now and I love their MasterCard! It's great both on and off line and has tons of extras not offered by other cards.

First, there's no annual fee, which is awesome since I hate to pay a fee to use a card.

The rewards program is super easy and you get 1 point for each $1 you spend any time you use your card. You also get 2 points for each $1 when you shop on eBay. And 3 points for each $1 on gas and restaurants. So the points really add up fast! You can redeem your points for gift cards to tons of different places, or even PayPal cash!

I love that my PayPal MasterCard gives me special promotions for when I purchase on eBay. I usually get deals, especially around the holidays, for six months interest free, or other awesome deals. It makes gift buying a lot easier.

Account administration is super easy and you can manage everything right online.

I love my card and use it all the time. The rewards are just an extra bonus! The interest rate can be quite steep so I try to stay on top of any deferred interest deals so I make sure I pay them off before the period expires.

• Available Rates:

Nothing special, but isn't bad if you don't carry a balance

from Westchester, IL

Comments about PayPal - Plus MasterCard:

Since I was doing a lot of business with PayPal I decided to apply for their Plus MasterCard. I had several credit cards already, but only one didn't have an annual fee. I also wanted a card that offered something more than just building credit history at this point in my life. I applied for the card online and I was approved in less than a minute after submitting. It took about 5 days for the card to arrive. I was approved for $1500, which wasn't much compared to my other cards, but I received several increases over the years. I have earned a lot of reward points over the years that I have used them to get gift cards and account credits. The only issue I can see with this card is the high interest rate. My interest rate is 18% and I have never been able to get it lowered. I would like to get it lower, but honestly it doesn't even bother me because I decided after my first credit experience to never carry a balance. Since I pay my balance off every month interest don't matter to me.

• Available Rates:

I love being constantly rewarded for spending money!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about PayPal - Plus MasterCard:

I think the PayPal Plus Mastercard is very innovative and clever. I received one after having a PayPal account for a little over a year. I run a small business from my home and I use PayPal for almost all of my business transactions so this card goes a long way in many ways for me. I love it most because of the cash back rewards that are offered every time I shop at a participating retailer and there are tons of them! The only thing I dislike about this card is the fees and rates are slightly higher than the other cards that I currently carry.

Customer Service
PayPal has excellent Customer Service and it shows that They pride themselves on it. I have never had to resolve and issue or problem over the phone solely because I prefer to deal with most things online if possible and PayPal makes that very possible. They have a chat option which I love and the Customer Service Representatives are very kind a professional and extremely knowledgeable on all aspects of PayPal and their Plus Mastercard services I once had a very small problem with a transaction that was not only resolved quickly but confirmed via email as well and shown to me in a breakdown format on my Plus Mastercard account page. Excellent!

Available Rates
I think the rates and fees are a little high compared to other credit cards similar to the PayPal Plus Mastercard but I feel they are worth paying for considering the amount of rewards I receive and the excellent customer service that is offered.

Not satisfied

from NA

Comments about PayPal - Plus MasterCard:

I applied the PayPal Plus MasterCard few years back and received the same within a month. The card has many features which have benefited me earlier like reward points on gas purchases, restaurant purchases, eBay discount offers, PayPal purchases and is accepted almost everywhere. I used to manage to collect maximum reward points which is about 50000 amounting to $500 and requested a cash back as well. I used the card mainly for almost all my restaurant and gas purchases.

The only negative aspect of using the card is their interest rates are too high which is about 19.99% and so I do not use it regularly. The cash back compared to other credit cards is not satisfactory due to the APR and I end up getting almost 1% back on my purchases. They changed their terms and conditions after few months of me using the card which made the number of points limited as well.

Love this card!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about PayPal - Plus MasterCard:

I absolutely love my paypal master card! Before this card the only way to spend the money in my paypal account was to either shop on eBay or initiate a bank transfer and wait almost a week for it to actually be deposited into my account.
When I received this master card in the mail I was beyond excited. It has made PayPal so much easier to use! I sell my children's clothes after they've outgrown them on eBay, and the money is always deposited into my PayPal account. Now with this awesome little card I can spend that money anywhere!
I was starting to use a different service that was more convenient than PayPal however after receiving this card I no longer feel that is necessary.

Customer Service
I have not had any issues yet but I think that speaks for itself.

Available Rates
This draws directly from my PayPal balance. There is no interest rate as long as I'm only spending what is already in my account!

• Available Rates:

A great product from a great brand.

Comments about PayPal - Plus MasterCard:

PayPal has never disappointed me and I must say the same for the PayPal-Plus MasterCard. When I opened an account with PayPal, I was skeptical at first but they have proved beyond every reasonable doubt that they can be trusted. I think the PayPal - Plus MasterCard is usually sent to customers who have an account with PayPal because I can't remember signing up for the card. After receiving the card, I followed the instruction and activated the card. Since then I have been using it to make purchase both in stores and online. It is acceptable everywhere MasterCard is accepted. As should be expected, the customer service is efficient and fast. This is due to my past experience with them. I normally transfer money from my PayPal account to the card so that I can make use of the card in stores. So the amount of money is usually dependent on the amount of money I transfer to it. Also there is cash back rewards associated with the use of the card. I will recommend this card to everyone that has a PayPal account.