Other E-commerce Websites:

Payless ShoeSource Online Store

Pros

Cons

Shoes And More!

I try to have an extra pair of hiking boots and gym shoes on hand because I wear out the heels on them about every six months. When I found a pair of hikers that I really liked at Payless I wanted to get another pair in another color but the store only had them in gray. The sales associate told me that she could check the online site to see if they had them in blue in my size and they did. She sent the link to the page to my email address and when I got home I ordered them. Even though I prefer to buy most of my shoes in a retail store so I can try them on, I knew that these would fit me perfectly.

I got the hikers in four days and got free shipping because I was a first time customer. They were exactly what I wanted and I was happy that I was able to get them in a second color. The website has a lot more shoe styles and colors than the retail stores so if I see a style that I like but want it in another color I know that there's a good chance that I will be able to go to the Payless website and order them there. The prices are the same but they do have clearance and sale items that aren't available in the retail stores.

They do have more than shoes at the site; I like that they have more sizes available than in the retail stores. My oldest wears a size 14 or size 15 shoe and those can be tough to find in any store that sells footwear but I managed to find three different sneakers for him. He liked two of the three and when I returned the third pair I got a refund on my debit card in about 30 days. I could have returned them to a local store but I knew that they would only end up having to send them back to the warehouse because of the size.

The site is easy to navigate and the search engine delivers relevant results; the pages are fast-loading and aren't bogged down with unnecessary graphics. I will still go to the retail locations and check out what they have but if they don't have the size or color I am looking for I will definitely check the Payless website to see if they have it there.

nice products, poor website

I have made several purchases from Payless Shoe Source, from both the store as well as the website. I have never had a problem with any of their products; in my experience, the shoes I have bought from Payless hold up very well and look nice. I do, however, find it more difficult to shop on their website as opposed to in-store shopping. If you find a printable shoe size guide, it will most likely be wrong. There have also been times when I have looked for a certain size shoe on the website and it comes back with like one applicable result.... in the store I can actually find a variety of shoes in that same size. I find the site frustrating. In addition, when they have a sale, the discount is usually 5-10% less on the website than in the store.

The website is relatively easy to use, I just don't think that they have an adequately varied selection from which to choose.

Product Selection
Very minimal in my opinion.

Product Pricing
They frequently have pretty good sales ... anywhere from ten to seventy percent off!

Customer Service
In-store, their customer service is outstanding.... they usually have very helpful staff.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping time is typically quite fast. Returns, on the other hand: If you buy something online, they really out up a fuss about returning it in store.

Great Variety

from MI

Comments about Payless ShoeSource Online Store:

Payless ShoeSource website has a huge variety of shoes, accessories and handbags - much more (in my opinion) than what you can find in your local store. We have a Payless store nearby, but I find the website to offer a much more enjoyable shopping experience, and you have the added bonus of being able to use online coupons that aren't always offered in the store.

Payless ShoeSource online has a variety of shoes for men, women and children. They carry everything from dress shoes, tennis shoes, dance shoes, tights, socks, slippers - and the list goes on.

Payless offers free shipping on an order of $25+, and you can do free returns to any store. You also have the option of free shipping to the store, which can be nice if your order is less than $25.

I find shopping on Payless.com to be very enjoyable, easy to navigate and a nice experience overall. Things are well organized, easy to find, and the options are endless.

Adolescent woes...

from Syracuse, New York

Pros

• Convenient
  • Free Shipping Available
  • Great Selection

Cons

• Accessories Selection

• Convenient Shoe Shopping

Comments about Payless ShoeSource Online Store:

Since becoming a parent of an adolescent for the second time, the topic of shoes or clothing is my daughter's newest and seemingly sole topic of discussion. I love Payless for their reasonable pricing and their extended variety in comparison to other retailers that sell but do not concentrate on shoes alone. They have a great color variety as well and it isn't difficult to find what she wants in her size. The extra benefit of signing up for their newsletter is that I will never miss out on a deal. I also don't have to waste gas driving from store to store especially around Easter when all of the dress shoes seem to run out too quickly. I also love that I can purchase online but return at an store if necessary. Their accessories for woman - mainly the handbags are not the best or greatest in my opinion. They have accessories that coordinate with shoes but I don't often find many that would fit my style.

• Was this a gift?:

Wish they had negative numbers

Comments about Payless ShoeSource Online Store:

If I could give a 0 I would. Ordered shoes for my daughter for Christmas... they did not place the order even though I put in for expedited shipping. Impossible to get a hold of customer service. They never delivered the shoes and still charged paypal. I am putting depute in with paypal later today.

Customer Service
Wish there were negative numbers for this store

Lacking Variety

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Payless ShoeSource Online Store:

There are some definite changes that need to be made to the site, For instance, the variety of shoe options on the site is lacking, as it does not have nearly the options as the physical stores do.

There are some issues with the site, as the pages sometimes repeat and reload with the same items over and over again. The search filters are not effective at all.

Product Selection
The online store does not have the wide variety of shoe options like the physical store does. This is a particular drawback for me, especially since I do the majority of my shopping online.

Product Pricing
Some of the items sold on the site are way over priced, considering you can get the same items at significantly lower prices elsewhere.

Customer Service
Great customer service department, very attentive and seemingly always willing to go the extra mile to assist their customers all the time.

Shipping and Returns
Decent shipping and returns department, and reasonably priced also.

• Shipping and Returns:

Good quality & affordable shoes.

Comments about Payless ShoeSource Online Store:

I have purchased quite a few shoes at local stores as well as through paylesshoesource.com. They offer a wide variety of shoes, ranging from sneakers, to sandals, or even winter boots. Further, the site carries products for men and women, as well as for children of all ages. So, regardless of who you are shopping for, you can find a decent pair of shoes.

The site is easy to navigate, and the quality of the shoes is reasonable. I was surprised as the prices are well below the price you would pay with other retailers, at such high quality products they have for sale. I have ordered a few pairs of sandals for myself, as well as a couple of pair of shoes for my niece, all of which have lasted for a few years, with no issues.

Although they don't carry the major brand names, they do have quite a bit of selection, and for such a low price, you can't really complain too much about the quality of the shoes they offer for sale on the site.

Shipping and Returns
Ships quickly (2-4 days) or you can order online and choose in store pickup.

Loved his website

Comments about Payless ShoeSource Online Store:

I live in a small town and there is pretty much nowhere to go shoe shopping. If I need shows I have to drive about an hour to get to nice stores. This Payless website has really helped me out. I can shop for all kinds of shoes on the website easily from my home. One of my favorite things about the website is the sales. When they are having sales in store they are also having sales on the website. I have saved a great deal of money by taking advantage of the sales. I typically order myself shoes from this website because I know for sure what my size will be. I only rated this website an 9 out of ten because I am not able to shop for my daughter on the site too often. The sizes are so different that it would be very hard to determine the right size for her without actually trying on a shoe. I would recommend the site to others because you can order a lot of different styles of shoes for great prices without leaving your home.

The shoes and other items are sectioned off into different sections so it is really easy to find what you are looking for.

Paylessshoesource.com

Profile Image

Comments about Payless ShoeSource Online Store:

Payless.com is one of my go to online shoe stores whenever my kids need new outdoor play shoes or I need new shoes. They are so inexpensive and almost always have a sale going on. They very frequently offer buy one get one half off which makes stocking up a must. They offer a huge selection of shoes, purses, and accessories for the whole family and shipping is free is you spend over $35. The shoes are of good quality too! I have shoes from this website that I bought five years ago that are still in great shape. I buy all the newest trends from here too!

Very easy to use, you can shop by child, men, women, or by style. You can also narrow down by size which is nice.

Product Selection
Tons of shoes and accessories, slippers, dress shoes, and sneakers, they have it all.

Product Pricing
There pricing is very low. I can get several pairs of shoes and spend around $40.

Customer Service
Very helpful. I was unsure of a size for my son and they were very knowledgeable about the sizes.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is free over $35 and items arrive quickly.

Best of both worlds

Comments about Payless ShoeSource Online Store:

Payless and I have been friends for years. They have always carried my size, they have stores to try on shoes and a good website to place easy orders through. Plus online there are no pushy sales people telling you about deals when you obviously know what you are looking for.

Payless has always been the easiest site to use. They were the first one (that I noticed) that allowed you to sort by size and didn't have pages of junk shoes wasting your time. Super easy to filter form their and find what you need.

Product Selection
Their selection is good. Obviously they sell cheaper brands of shoes, however you should know that going in. Cute boots and flats for real women, they don't get carried away with trendy shoes you cant walk in or look ridiculous.

Product Pricing
Their name is Payless, that says it all.

Customer Service
People are always friendly in the stores.

Shipping and Returns
Ship to store is free, but it takes more than a week. Their regular shipping is inexpensive and quick, and returns are a breeze with all of their store locations.

nice products, poor website

Product Selection
Very minimal in my opinion.

Great Shoes, Great Value

Comments about Payless ShoeSource Online Store:

I get the majority of my shoes from Payless.com. One of the only places I can find what I like and be able to afford it.

Site is very easy to navigate and easy narrow down your search to just the style type and size you are looking for. You can also put items on your wish list if you see something you like but aren't ready to buy it just yet.

Product Selection
Great selection of both women's and girl's shoes. I'm a 7.5 women's and a 5.5 girls extended style. I love that they have extended girls sizes because sometimes I can get a better deal on a nearly identical shoe in the girls version. I also like the very practical and simple girls mary jane shoes because they are comfortable and cheap.

Product Pricing
Very affordable prices for decent quality shoes. I am especially impressed with their sale prices, I have gotten shoes for as little as $6 and they have held up for quite some time. Even when they don't have a sale, many of their shoes are $25 or less, which is very affordable.

Customer Service
Very good, answered my e-mail promptly

Shipping and Returns
Excellent shipping prices, really makes online shopping worth it because gas to the next town would be more than the shipping cost.