Other Shampoos:

Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo is a great protector

This Shampoo is wonderful because it actually does what Paul Mitchell promises it will do and for a professional hair care product it is very reasonably priced. I color my hair ALL the time (about 1-2x a month) and I tend to do colors that fade quickly, and because I have overly processed my hair, it doesn't retain hair color like it should. I use Color Protect Daily Shampoo every other day and my color stays as vibrant as the day I did it. It has UVA and UVB protection in it for protecting colors in sunlight (its amazing for protecting reds because they fade SOOOO easily). It also has sunflowerextract in it to help maintain the structure of the hair. so if your hair is extra damaged it wont "fix" the problem-only cutting your hair can get rid of damage- but it will help the damage slow down if not stop all together and make your hair feel MUCH healthier. Color Protect Shampoo also has a conditioner counterpart, but in my opinion I don't think using both the shampoo and conditioner is amazing for the feel of your hair. Its almost like your overloading your hair with sunflower extract (too much of a good thing can turn into a bad thing) and your hair starts feeling dry. I like using a purely moisturising conditioner that does nothing else so you get the protection you need from the shampoo and the feeling want from the conditioner.

DONT USE THIS SHAMPOO ANYMORE

It makes me very mad that I bought this shampoo after I dyed my hair purple and shortly after starting to use it my color started fading very badly. I checked the ingredients and found TWO different types of sulfates that not only dry your hair out but fade the color. I would not recommend this for anyone with colored hair

DONT USE THIS SHAMPOO ANYMORE

from East stroudsburg,pa

About Me Professional Stylist

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Lather Well
    • Dries Hair Out
    • Ineffective
    • Smells Bad

• Hair Type:
      • Straight Hair

I LOVE this shampoo

from Warren, OH

Comments about Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo:

I have been using this shampoo off and on for a few years and I love it. It really does help mantain your color so that I don't dye as often as I used too.

It does help protect your color. And it leaves my hair shiny and soft.

I love the smell. The smell isn't too overwhelming, I'm always smelling my hair because I like the scent so much.

Love this product.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo:

I color my hair a lot, right now my ends are purple. I like to use a lot of wild colors that tend to fade away very quickly. My stylist recommended that I get the Paul Mitchell Shampoo for Colored hair. I have not been disappointed with it yet. My color would fade within 2-3 weeks with the other shampoos when I used the bright and vibrant colors, with the Paul Mitchell shampoo for color my hair takes 5-6 weeks to fade, which is a big difference with the semi-permanent dyes that are used in bright colors. My hair is very long (almost to my bottom) and gets very tangled easily and when I use this combination product with the conditioner my hair comes out looking very sleek and has a lot less tangles. I also really enjoy the smell that this shampoo has, it lasts all day long and even still smells really good in my hair the next day. My hair feels healthier and looks better every day when I use this shampoo.

Paul Mitchell Shampoo for colored hair

Comments about Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo:

I found this shampoo on sale and thought I would try it. My friends and family had mentioned it to me, they seemed to love it. Paul Mitchell shampoo for colored hair is not my favorite, it does not lather very good at all. I had to use twice as much as I normally do. Also, the color did fade more than with other shampoos I have used. I would not recommend this shampoo to anyone.

I had heard of great results for Paul Mitchell shampoo for colored hair and I thought I would try it. My hair is colored and I was looking for something to help hold the color longer. I was disappointed, while shampooing I had to use twice as much shampoo than I normally would with my regular shampoo. My hair never felt clean, it felt greasy and weighed down. The results I got from this shampoo was not what I expected.

The scent is pretty good, it is not too strong and does not leave a overwhelming scent. Even though the shampoo did not work well for my hair, it did have a nice scent.

Good daily shampoo

Comments about Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo:

I liked this shampoo as a daily shampoo. It didn't dry out my hair like some others have done. I have shoulder length bleached blonde hair to which I will randomly add red streaks. Additionally, I have extremely fine, thin hair and this shampoo did not weigh my hair down or make it frizzy. I use a lot of hairspray and live in a pretty humid climate. This shampoo really got in there and washed the hairspray out and didn't make my hair greasy during the high humid months. This shampoo cleaned my hair without dulling it, making it overly dry or stripping the color. The fragrance is pleasing as well. However, I like a little richer shampoo that will really get in and moisturize my bleached hair. This shampoo just fell a little short. I felt like I needed a little more moisture from this shampoo and found I had to use my deep conditioner more often. Otherwise I would have given this shampoo a ten rating.

shampoo that locks in my color without fading

Comments about Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo:

I tried this shampoo before and I was impressed by how much the shampoo locked in my color. It made my color look vibrant and it didn't fade out my color. Even after I dyed it the second day I washed it I seen no color wash out it locked it all in and it made my color look refreshed everytime. Its very safe and gentle to use everyday. It doesn't make your color look dull and it doesn't make your hair feel greasy either. It cleans my hair really good making it feel very clean without any harsh chemicals that strip out color. I love this shampoo but its a bit pricey but its well worth the price because of how it keeps your color looking shiny and vibrant after every wash. You can purchase at your salon or at a beauty supply store. They don't sell this at regular stores you have to get it at a beauty supply store that carry paul mitchell products. My hair always feels very clean and it smells so good I really love the scent to it. Paul mitchell color protect daily shampoo also protects it from heat that fade color out.

Great for color treated hair.

Comments about Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo:

I love using the Paul Mitchell color protect daily shampoo. I have very dry and brittle hair. My hair is color treated. This shampoo helps to protect my color against fading. It is gentle enough to use everyday. It provides moisture to my dry hair. I really like this shampoo and I definitely recommend it for all hair types especially if your hair is color treated.

Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo does a great job for me.

from The heart of , NY

Comments about Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo:

***Quick View:*** This shampoo is gentle, fragrant, and really does extend the life of my color. I thought a shampoo had to be sulfate free to do that but my stylist said otherwise - and she was right!

***My Take on Paul Mitchell Color Protect ********** Daily ********Shampoo***

This shampoo comes in several sized bottles. I got a huge one at the salon along with the same conditioner. When I recently had my hair colored, I paid a fortune for it (and barely anyone can tell it is a couple of shades lighter but me!). I really needed a shampoo to extend the life of my color as I can't afford to have it redone every month. I asked my stylist to give me the best color protecting shampoo she had for sale. I wasn't interested in prices at that point.

She chose **Paul Mitchell Color Protect **** Daily ****Shampoo**. When I balked that it wasn't sulfate free, she explained that it contains sunflower extracts and sunscreens that protect color and it is very, very gentle. She assured me that this shampoo would live up to my standards or I could return it for a full refund.

This shampoo is pearly white and smells great. It lathers really well and cleans my hair easily. All styling products and build up are gone and my hair feels soft, not stripped, when I rinse the shampoo out. But I want MORE than a good shampoo. I want one that protects my color.

After using this shampoo for about a month, I can report that my color looks as vibrant as it did the day I had it done. The roots are holding up really well and they usually show almost immediately after they are colored whether at home or in a salon. I really feel that** Paul Mitchell Color Protect **** Daily**** Shampoo **does help to keep my color fresh and doesn't strip it. I never see any dye residue when I rinse my hair and it looks super shiny. I am quite happy with this shampoo. I am sure I will switch around and try others because I always do but, if you are looking for a salon quality shampoo that cleanses gently and protects color, this one is a keeper!

***My Viewpoint***

I like **Paul Mitchell Color Protect **** Daily ****Shampoo** and its conditioner. My hair looks and feels great and my color is hanging in there. I like that this shampoo hydrates my hair but still leaves it bouncy and full. ***4 stars...almost 5*** but I need more time to analyze how long my color remains. Only buy this at a salon. It is not guaranteed to be the real deal anywhere else.

I really feel that Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo does help to keep my color fresh and doesn't strip it. I never see any dye residue when I rinse my hair and it looks super shiny.

This shampoo has a great scent that is fresh, clean, and appealing.

paul mitchell color care shampoo really makes color last longer

from Santa Clarita, CA

Comments about Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo:

I have tried many other color care shampoos and this is the one I will stay with.  I colored my hair approximately 3 months ago and the color has not faded like with other shampoos.  I also use the conditioner along with it.  I have extremely thin, limp and dry hair and it seems to also have an extra added bonus of giving me volume and shine not to mention more manageable.  I have and will continue to tell my friends about this product.  Also, it seems as though I do not have to use as much of the product as with some of the other brands.  It smells really nice also.  Paul Mitchell has a great product and I would be greatly disappointed if it were to ever change.  I also like the non-flashy unbreakable bottles that it comes in.  If I drop it in the shower, it will not break which it a great safety concern of mine.  All I can say is for PAUL MITCHELL PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, I LOVE YOUR PRODUCTS.  WAY TO GO!

Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo is a great protector