Other Shampoos:

Cons

Awapuhi awesome

from Edina, MN

Comments about Paul Mitchell Awapuhi:

This is my favorite shampoo of Paul MItchell. Awapuhi is just awesome and the scent is incomparable. I have never found another shampoo with this specific aroma and it is one of the best traits of the shampoo. I have only used Awapuhi shampoo a few times. My mother had a bottle and I used hers. I was satisfied with the results. It made my hair shiny and silky and helped with knots and frizz that I tend to get with my long, straight hair. You don't need a lot to work up a lather and get a good clean scalp. I have a sensitive scalp also and this shampoo has not caused it to get irritated or dried out. I would recommend it to anyone really. I have not found anything that I do not like about this shampoo.

It worked great for me. Left my hair clean and shiny and not dried out. Helped to make it manageable also for either wearing it up or down.

The best part of the shampoo! This is my absolute favorite part.

Love this shampoo.

Comments about Paul Mitchell Awapuhi:

The Paul Mitchell awapuhi is a great product. I really like to use this shampoo. It is great for all hair types. I have dry and damaged hair and this shampoo makes it feel a lot softer. I love Paul Mitchell products, and this one is actually one of my favorites.

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi is a nice basic to have.

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Paul Mitchell Awapuhi:

Around about junior high, my mom convinced my dad that I needed to get more than just the un-even hair trim once a month at the quickie cuts place down the street, and I started going to her salon. Along with hair cuts, we also started using REAL salon hair care products -- and Paul Mitchell it was! Now I am teaching my own daughter to treat her hair carefully, and to use the appropriate nice products in the right way. So I bought this shampoo for her to keep in her shower/tub, and it still smells nice like I remember. It is less expensive than some of the other brands I buy for myself, but it is working well for her. She has a bob that sits just above her shoulders (she is six), and she has quite a bit of hair. Her hair usually falls pretty nicely without a lot of styling, which is nice for me, too! She is still learning how to wash and rinse her own hair in the shower, making sure that everything gets washed and rinsed thoroughly, but this product seems to be fairly easy for her to manage. I think this shampoo is a nice basic to have.

PM Awapui Shampoo is the best daily use shampoo on the market.

from Bottineau, ND

Comments about Paul Mitchell Awapuhi:

Paul Mitchell Awapui Shampoo is a super daily use shampoo for everyone in the family.  It is good for all hair types, lathers well, rinses well, leaves hair smelling, feeling and looking great.

I am a licensed cosmetologist and have tried many hair care products over the years, and always end up coming back to Paul Mitchell products, specifically Awapui Shampoo.  It just seems to be the most conistent shampoo I have found in terms of always lathering well, moisturizing my hair while washing it, having a fresh smell, working well on my color treated hair, and my son's natural, non-processed hair.  It just leaves hair super clean.

I also love the fact that I can buy just one type of shampoo for all members of my family, which makes shopping a little easier, and less time consuming.  I encourage you to try Paul Mitchell Awapui Shampoo, and see how well it works for everyone in your household.

I must have bought a bad bottle!

from Mckinney, TX

Comments about Paul Mitchell Awapuhi:

I recently experienced a wonderful Awapuhi hair treatment at a local Paul Mitchell Cosmetology School. My hair felt wonderful, nice and soft. I decided to splurge and purchased the Awapuhi kit which included - shampoo, conditioner, weekly treatments, treatment oil, texture spray and finish spray.

I have been extremely disappointed with the shampoo and conditioner. My hair is fine and just past my shoulders. I have to use at least a quarter size of shampoo to get a decent lather. Once I've rinsed, my hair feels like it's been stripped of all the moisture. A quarter size of conditioner doesn't even produce ANY lather. I feel like I'm putting lotion on my hair and it doesn't get absorbed. When I rinse, my hair is very stiff and has begun to create knots.

I am very upset because I was in love with the product at the salon and am just not seeing the results I had hoped for and that this products advertises. I plan to contact Paul Mitchell to see if I can receive a refund.

Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi Shampoo leaves my hair feeling brand new

from Frisco, TX

Comments about Paul Mitchell Awapuhi:

I have used several Paul Mitchell shampoos.  This happens to be one of my favorites.  You can use this shampoo daily without worrying about over drying. Awapuhi shampoo leave's my hair soft, shiny, and gets the styling products all out without stripping my hair at the same time. The shampoo is very thick like a hair gel so I wet my hands and rub it into my hands before putting it on my hair otherwise it takes forever to lather up my whole head. Awapuhi contains a natural moisturizer from Hawaiian ginger plant so it replenishes hair and reduces fly away hair.

paul mitchell awapuhi shampoo is a rich deep cleaning shampoo

from Moses Lake, WA

Comments about Paul Mitchell Awapuhi:

I love Paul Mitchell products and there Awapuhi shampoo is a rich, deep cleaning shampoo for all types of hair. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo smells wonderful and a small amount in your hair goes a long way creating such a rich lather and works wonderful as a body wash too. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo leaves your skin very clean and soft to the touch. If you have forgotten or ran out of bar soap Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo works great I would highly recommend someone to try Pul Mtchell Awapuhi shampoo in place of their regular body wash. I love how I can get Paul Mitchell products such as the Awapuhi shampoo in a variety of sizes. I really like the one liter bottles and you can find Paul Mitcell products in most hair care salons and beauty supply stores. My husband, son and daughter all use Paul Mitchell products and we have a liter bottle of Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo in each shower of our house. I hope Paul  Mitchell never stops making there Awapuhi shampoo my family and I love it. Thanks Paul Mitchell

Cleans your hair from build up

from Chandler, AZ

Comments about Paul Mitchell Awapuhi:

I love this shampoo!  Even at the age of 43, I still have trouble with oily skin and hair.  Of course, as I get older, I also have trouble with dry patches.  For that reason, I use one shampoo daily but once/week, I use the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Clarifying Shampoo once/week to rid my hair of build-up.

Unique scent

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Paul Mitchell Awapuhi:

A long time ago, I was once a cosmetologist and was exposed to many high end products.  I tried as many of them as I could and have always love Paul Mitchell products.

The first thing I love about this shampoo is the scent.  I believe the Awapuhi flower is native to Hawaii and has the most unique scent.  My husband loves the smell and so it works great for both ladies and gents.

I have fine hair and use it several times a week.  It has a tendency to weigh it down a little, so I don't use it everyday.  My husband has medium texture hair and that is the only shampoo he uses daily.  My pre-teen daughter has super thick-super long hair and loves it.

I'm no longer a cosmetologist but have kept my license so that I can get product for a lesser price. I still like to try new products, but always go back to this shampoo-I have to keep it in stock for my husband and daughter.

Just the scent alone makes it worth it-I have never smelled another shampoo like it.

Awesome smelling shampoo that always works!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Paul Mitchell Awapuhi:

I love the scent of this shampoo!  It has a cool, semi-translucent shimmer to it that I like also.

And it lathers so well even with a very small amount of shampoo.  You really get a lot out of one bottle because of how well it lathers, so it is very economical when you take that into account.

This is great for oily hair, great for after workouts, great for getting hair products out, gentle on the middle and ends of long hair, and a product I come back to again and again.

I like novelty and variety, so I try new hair products when I run low on shampoo, conditioner, etc.  This is one I keep around in case I get a real hair care flop.  It is good for fixing whatever hair ills I've subjected myself to.  And it's what I grab after a particularly hard day at work, time out in the sun or to get lots of hair spray and gel out.

I've put it into travel bottles and try to make sure not to forget it, it's so much better than the free hotel shampoos it is worth being sure it's packed.