3.9
HQH307
Patton Portable Quartz Tower Heater

Patton Portable Quartz Tower Heater

3.9

Takes a lickin', keeps on tickin'.

from Carrollton, TX

Comments about Patton Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

This has been the best space heater I've ever owned. I like the tip over cutoff feature but played around with it a bit and found the if you lay it on it's side it still runs - It's supposed to shut off. We keep this heater on almost constantly in the winter and have never had any problems. No smoke, shorts, tripped breakers. the biggest hazard is not tripping over the cats huddled in front of it. :)

Patton Space Heater Gets Hot!

from Manvel, TX

Comments about Patton Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

The Patton Space Heater is a lovely lightweight heater that produces a great deal of heat. There are two knobs on the front. One is a thermostat and the other has modes of one and two. Mode one makes it hot. Mode two makes it fire-hot! I usually turn it on a just keep the thermostat all the way over to the end. If you leave it on any lesser settings, the space heater will turn on and off intermittently. This may help you to not get too hot but I do not like it. I prefer constant heat until I decide to turn it off.

I have never tested the automatic shut-off if tipped over.

The front of it does get super hot. No one in my household has burned themselves; however. We have used it in the bathroom and it really heats up a small room. It is a quick and hot space heater!

Bringing the heat

from Hillsboro, OR

Comments about Patton Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

There is no doubt that the Patton Tower Quartz Heater puts out the heat. There are two modes, one and two, that can be used in conjunction with an adjustable thermostat.

At the two setting and at the highest setting on the thermostat it gets very hot in front of the heater. I use it routinely at night and sit 3-4 feet away and eventually have to move further back as I warm up. It will heat a small to medium sized bedroom with the door closed and do a pretty darn good job of warming up a large room.

The unit automatically turns off it if tips over and has a bar on the front to prevent the bulk of the grill from touching the floor if it does tip over. BUT, that bar gets very hot and looks like a handle. I have almost grabbed it many times and if you have kids I would be wary of them grabbing it.

The handle on the back is not the best either. It is shallow and hard to get a good grip. Fortunately, the unit is just 7.6 pounds so it is easy to move around even if it is not optimal to grab,

Also, the heater is somewhat loud when on. Not deafening, but definitely noticeable.

I would recommend this fan for a small to medium sized room, but not for larger rooms, and for people without children. That bar is just too tempting to snatch.

This Patton heater provides quick, instant heat

from Steele, AL

Comments about Patton Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

I bought this electric tower quartz space heater in the fall of 2009 to provide extra "spot" heat.   It has two heat settings, low at 750 watts and high at 1500 watts which is maximum.  This heater is tall and has a small footprint making it very space efficient and is lightweight and easy to move.  It comes equipped with a fan located in the top of the unit which disperses the heat creating instant warming for objects nearby as well as helping to circulate the warmed air.  It has a recessed built-in handle on the back at the top but it is a bit difficult to move the unit with this alone as the recess for the handle needs to be a little deeper in order to provide a better grip. Should the unit over-heat or be tipped over, the built in safety features will automatically shut it off.  Patton gives a generous 5 year limited warranty for this heater.

What I like about this heater is that it effectively provides quick, instant heat without having to wait a long time for the quartz heating elements to warm up.  However, the heat it produces is best felt when you are directly in front of it and this seems to be this heater's most effective use.  It does not seem to function as well as a room heater, especially if the room is large and the temperatures are low although it might do well in a small room with the doors closed.   Since most space heaters are only 1500 watts, maximum, this is probably to be expected.

This is the second winter I've used this heater, and over-all, I am pleased with it as a way to effectively warm the immediate area near the heater.

keeps me toasty

from Oceanside, CA

Comments about Patton Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

I have a patton space heater.  I originally got it for work because the price was right and the ac makes me freeze.  What i like about this heater is that there is a cutoff should it get too hot... which can be a lifesaver.  I have had something fall in front of it and once it got too hot it shut itself off, great if you are like me and forget to turn it off sometimes!  It has a knob to choose heat setting from low to high... i find when its on low basically nothing happens.  Perhaps if it was freezing outside it wuold turn on or something.  there is an oscillate feature, which i never use but it works.  Has a low and high fan setting.  The only real problem i have with this is that it takes a bit to warm up, but once its on it gets HOT.  I keep one under my desk and often find my feet sweltering, but due to its small size im surpised it has that much power.  Im overall pleased with my heater and if you are looking for an inexpensice, portable heater, this may be the one for you.

Really Really Warm

from Lorain, OH

Comments about Patton Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

I had problems with my furnace and bought 2 of them for my home.  They heated my enitre home with in 30 minutes.  It has a safety shut off also you set it up and when the room reaches that temp it shuts itself off.  I love this heater.

Gr8 item w/tip over-cut off feature. Heats room quickly & safe.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Patton Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

I work for a construction company and we are always working on new developments.  I work on the construction site, so space heaters are needed on a daily basis.  We have them everywhere, at least 20 on site, and the staff loves them.  They are portable, easy to use, have various settings to adjust to the different "climates" throughout the construction.  If someone accidently knocks it over, the auto cutoff feature is activated.  I would purchase this product for my home and would recommend it to my family and friends.