Other Space Heaters:

Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Great for its intended purpose and very safe!

This little heater is a great product!  Now, if you plan on buying a heater like this, you must take into consideration what it cannot do.  It is a little heater that doesn't cost very much, so don't expect it to heat your house, or even a large room.  In fact, if you use it continuously, you might as well have invested in a much larger oil-filled heater because this little heater will suck up electricity very fast, so be careful or your electricity bill will be much larger than expected.

Use this little handy heater to quickly heat up a small area in your house, like to warm up a medium size bedroom before you go to bed for the night, an entry-way for people coming in from the cold, etc.

It uses a fan to blow the air heated from the heated coils inside it forward.  Basically it's like a toaster with a fan blowing the heated air towards you.

The reason it gets such a high rating is because of the following.

1.  If you want quick heat after you've been outside in the cold, turn this heater on and sit near it.

2. It will heat up a medium size room in a reasonable time.  If you have guests coming over, are putting the kids to bed, etc and you need a specific room heated up, plug it in and let it do its magic.

3. If your kids or pets are prone to knocking stuff over, this heater is great.  If it gets tipped over, it turns off.

4. If the heater is placed too near a wall or enclosed space, the temperature gauge inside will sense if the heater area is too hot and shut off.

5. It is very portable and affordable, great for quick, direct heat.

Patton PUH680-U Utility Heater get the job done

This heater is a heater that my parents own. Everytime we go to stay at their house we use this heater because they keep their basement at like 63 degrees! The heater works really well and pretty fast. It has a lot of different settings so that you can adjust the temperature of the room quite easily. The problem is that it turns off and on constantly through the night and it is pretty loud. I understand that it does this to maintain the temperature, but I wish that it didn't turn off and on so frequently. It also scares me because a little child could put the finger through the slits and burn themselves. I prefer heaters that have a metal cover that doesn't leave room for little toddler fingers.

Noisy but puts out the heat.

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

I bought this heater a couple of years ago when it was on sale. I have not had any problems with it and it is good to heat up a small room. My son likes to have it for his room in the winter months. It has a safety switch if tipped over and it does not get too hot. My only complaint that it is very noisy when it runs and that is what you hear throughout the night. One will have to be able to tune out the noise of the heater in order to go to sleep. Other than that, it goes on sale a lot and can be purchase at a fairly decent price.

• Safety:

Nice, light heater to have around the house, but easily dented.

from Lavon, TX

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

In a nutshell, it gets the job done. It has no aesthetic appeal in my opinion, but it does heat really well. I like that all heater elements are not exposed which makes it nice for a child's room. It has multiple settings which allows for easier control of the room's temperature. This heater is definitely designed to heat one room. We use it in our master bedroom which is approximately 20x15 and it heats the room rather well. The material used to make the heater is somewhat flimsy. I dropped the heater on the first day we bought it and made a huge dent in the top. We kept it anyway since it was still functional, but it's definitely an eye sore.

• Safety:

Good for the size and price

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

This space heater does a good job considering its small size and relatively low price. I bought it to heat up my bedroom a little so I don't have to turn my whole home heating system up higher just because I want a single room to be more comfortable. For small rooms, the heater does what I need. It heats quickly and pretty powerfully.

I like one safety feature in particular: if this device tips over, it automatically turns off. Since I have two cats that like to run around, I always worry about them bumping into the heater and knocking it over. It's good to know that it that ever does happen, the machine shuts itself off and won't set my house on fire.

• Safety:

A fast-heating way of warming up a room!

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

This heater is good! It uses a fan and springs with electricity to spread the heat around the room. It has a switch to change from a low wattage to a higher wattage of heat. Then there is a knob underneath that controls the temperature of the heater. However, when the knob is fully turned over to the right, the warmer it gets (in addition to pressing the switch from the low wattage to the high wattage), Sometimes, this causes it to overheat much quicker. When it overheats, the fan turns off by itself. When it cools down, it turns back on again. Also, make sure that the fan does not fall, because doing so many times may cause it not to work as well. Overall, this product is great.

• Safety:

A great little work horse!

from Ravenna, OH

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

We bought this to keep the pipes from freezing in an attached bathroom in the garage. Rather than running a gas line for a bathroom that is only used every now and then didnt make much sense. I use this bathroom in the summer so that I dont track in dirt and debris in my house. Winter time it is used when the main bathroom is being used. We put this little heater in the bathroom and it is a champ! Would certainly buy this one again and again!

Small in size, huge in performance! Its in an outside bathroom and puts out enough heat to keep the pipes from bursting in the cold Northeastern winters!

Remove from the box, plug it in, set the dial to wanted warmth and go. I have mine plugged in and setting it in the outside bathroom bathtub. It turns off if it isnt upright which is a great safety feature for me!

So far so good! It is sitting in the bathtub shelf for safety and good circulation. I havent had a chance to bang it around and mistreat it. With metal construction I dont think that I will have to worry about the durability with this little gem

Its a square metal design, with a dial. Nothing much to comment on this one

Safety
If it tips, falls over, or overheats it shuts itself off. That is a great little design feature that I appreciate. I dont worry about it in an unheated bathroom. Although I do find myself checking in on it now and then. After all, I dont trust it 100% nothing is 100%

great little heater

from East Haven, CT

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

Due to heating issues in our office area, we use these in our individual work areas. They are easy to adjust in regards to fan and heat level. They are good at getting a small area warmed and not overheated. The newer ones have an auto show off too when it has reached a certain heat level. Good product.

• Safety:

Provides heat where you need it

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

We have a very cool kitchen. Cool in looks but since we enlarged it without adding additional heat, it is often cool when I am not cooking. My laundry area also tends to be chilly during the cold winter weeks.

We bought one of these as they are easy to move around. They are light weight. It warms up my dining area in my kitchen in minutes and warms my laundry room very quickly.

My husband bought one for his office as when his door is closed, it gets cold. It works very well.

Many people question the safety of space heaters. Our children are grown so we can't rate that but we have three curious dogs who have had no problems. I would not leave these with children or my pets without supervision, but that is just prudent.

Hot tamale!

from Fairfield, OH

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

I really like my Patton Portable Milkhouse Heater! I have had this heater for several years and it still works like a charm. The heat hasn't died out since I've had it. On the package I don't recall it saying anything about it being used in a garage or such but I think this is where it should be used. I have it from time to time in larger rooms and it heats the room up QUICKLY! I could go without the actual heat in my house because of this heater. I wouldn't recommend it being used during the night as many space heaters advise but the only reason why I wouldn't is because you will wake up in night sweats. I've never had an electrical problem or it sparking. It has caused the fuse to blow out a few times when other bigger appliances are on such as TV's and computers at the same time. Other then that I would recommend this product because of it's strong performance.

• Safety:

Heats up quickly and efficiently

from Manhattan, KS

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

I live in a four bedroom apartment and every time I turn on this heater it will heat up not only my room but also my roommates rooms too. Although it isn't the cutest heater it is very quiet which is very important. It has a thermostat inside of it which detects the temperature and will turn on and off based on it. It's super light and portable so bringing it with you anywhere is possible. Also, if it falls or there is something blocking it it will automatically turn itself off! My favorite part about this portable heater is how affordable it was, I'm in college so I didn't have much money to spend on a really nice heater, but this was absolutely perfect!

Hot and Smart!

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

This heater is great during the winter in Houston. I bought it to keep me and my dogs warm in our tile filled house. It can get as hot as you want it to. It also has a built in thermostat so it is not constantly running. I do not have any kids but I have dogs and they love to lay in front of it. The only thing about this heater is it is kinda noisy. But I really do not mind the noise, it is more of just a low hum that makes me sleepy!

I love how hot this thing can get. I cannot stand any bit of cold temperature so I always have this on in the colder months. It heats my two story home up pretty fast as well.

It is as easy as flipping a switch and turning a dial. No instructions needed for this heater!

It has a few scuffs, dents and scrapes from me carrying it down the halls and moving constantly, but that still has not affected its working condition!

Safety
As I said, it has a built in thermostat so it does not just run constantly. It also switches off if tipped over!