3.5

Pros

Cons

Decent Heater

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

It is a really nice heater for a small space that you want to heat like a bedroom or something. It has a safety feature so that if you knock it over it will shut itself off until it is upright again. It has temperature settings so you can adjust how warm you want it.

• Safety:

Not terrible, but there are better!

from Oxford, MI

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

This heater works okay, but it could be better and heat more uniformly and accurately.

I bought this heater to heat an office space in the basement. It is very cold in there in the winter when the heat is working on the rest of the house. Part of the reason this model was picked was the knock-over feature that turns itself off if it's knocked over accidentally. That part does work, as we did try it out.

But, it is very warm near the heater and the heat quickly diminishes as you get further away. Using it just a few feet away is tough and not very warm. It does not do the best job of heating the entire room. It does okay if you have it under the desk and use it just for your personal space.

Keeps the immediate area warm, but not an entire room.

Easy enough to use...just not so accurate!

It's lasted for a year without problems.

Design is fine. Nothing fancy.

Safety
knock-over feature works well

Heated wonderful

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

I bought this for my kids room and worked perfectly, the room is medium sized so i was worried that it would not heat up the room properly or enough but beyond my surprise it heated the room up perfectly none of my kids complained about how cold it was at times they complained it was to hot while they are sleeping, but it is excepted since they are in pj's and under covers. Perfect size to be put away in the closet in the summer.

• Safety:

This space heater is just so so, good but not great.

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

I bought this space heater because of it's claims on the packaging as a choice to heat a recreation area of my basement. It does not seem to reach the area range as was claimed that it would. It does give off sufficient heat for a smaller area or a closed room.In my case it does not , if barely ,warm up an area that it was needed for.I have since moved it into the laundry room of the basement where it seems to preform better as far as emitting constant warmth. The laundry room is much smaller than the area that the space heater claimed that it would give off sufficient heat in.

This space heater does not give the warmth to an area that it's box claims that it will.

The dials and buttons on this space heater makes it easy to understand , and attempt to get the function or heat setting that you desire.

I will say that the durability is evident.I think that this heater will last a long time with the heating element, motor and fan still functioning properly.

The design is a bit dated , but it still looks nice and the paint color makes it neutral and not clash with your decor.

Safety
The safety seems to be excellent as far as the design and cord design.Another reason why I chose to buy this one is the fact that I'm safety minded and because I have grandchildren and the design of the vents where to my expectation .

• Safety:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Manvel, TX

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

I have this out in the garage to keep my dog warm on the coldest days. It works well and doesn't give me any problems. I have had it two years, in the garage, and starts right up, even with the dust and bugs that it gets exposed to throughout the year, in my garage.

• Safety:

Keeps Me Warm....Sometimes Too Warm!

from Hebron, KY

Comments about Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater:

I use the Patton 1500 Watt Utility Heater under my desk at work. I did not have much decision on what to purchase so I could not be very picky. In essence this space heater does the trick and keeps me warm. However, the temperature guage is not very accurate. At times, at the same setting it will be too cold, other times it will be too warm. In addition, I have to prop the heater up in order to keep my body warm. The heater in itself does not heat the space....if it sits normally, all I get are very hot feet. With the heater propped up, it should have an automatic shut off feature to prevent fires. Sometimes this feature triggers but I only have to give the heater a slight kick and it comes back on. That does not seem that safe to me. Through out the day I have to adjust the temperature back and forth continuously looking for a comfortable heat. Probably the biggest problem is that it does not heat the area, so depending on the angle, I have a really warm thigh and a really cold ankle etc.